Valentinoz

Stuck on ( Setup completed, Please wait...)

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of support, this is the first i have seen or heard of this problem and this thread (Only reason im here is one of you got reported lol). Sadly i cannot offer you a solution at the moment, but i promise i will do the upmost to aid those who cant play. I will do my best to find you guys a fix, or at the very least inform you on when it will be fixed. Il post back tomorrow (its 2am here now) with any results. Please refrain from headbutting your keyboards in distress. Peace out. Delta

Appreciate this heads up!

If nothing else, our voices have been heard and instead of wondering if developers know about it we'll just have to wait for a possible hotfix or a workaround.

Cheers!

(Only reason im here is one of you got reported lol)

The only reason? Sooooo....basically if someone never got reported you wouldnt have gave 2 flying fucks.

The only reason? Sooooo....basically if someone never got reported you wouldnt have gave 2 flying fucks.

That is not the case at all. We forum mods do this for free out of our own time. Couple that with all the needless reports that come in that we have to wade through to find the real problems like this one.

Your problem seems to be a new and rare one. I still have not found a solution sadly but it is still early in the day. I made a post for all devs and mods to read to see if anyone can come up with anything.

For now i can offer a temporary solution to those that are stuck in debug plains.

Guys that have a compass/gps try this link -

Guys that dont have compass/gps try this -

I havnt forgotten about you guys and i will report anything i find if and when i find it. Delta

• Like 1

Hello, i'm having same problem also but just to help you a bit... You need to somehow totally reset our accounts (our meaning people with "setup completed" problem in wich you cannot see any woods or whatever...), like erase every data on it saved on your i don't know what, where game is saved, because we can normally play on private servers. Just to put you in a direction maybe....

Hope you fix it soon, love the game:)

Bought the game 2 days ago:) and now this happens.

Edited by serdz

I can confirm that the guy above me is right it works fine on private hives. Sadly I havnt been able to leave the debug plains even with the videos, I spawned at a place with many other players but they werent moving ofc it had alot of dead guys aswell. My friend is having this issue too and we tried to reinstall, Change names ingame completely reinstall all arma games and we also changed from Six to DayZ Commander, but we didnt succeed sadly. Hope this is fixed soon my friend and I were soon going to raid a camp at black mountain with some other guys too :D

Edited by driveandkill

That is not the case at all. We forum mods do this for free out of our own time. Couple that with all the needless reports that come in that we have to wade through to find the real problems like this one.

Your problem seems to be a new and rare one. I still have not found a solution sadly but it is still early in the day. I made a post for all devs and mods to read to see if anyone can come up with anything.

For now i can offer a temporary solution to those that are stuck in debug plains.

Guys that have a compass/gps try this link - <YouTube Video>

Guys that dont have compass/gps try this - <YouTube Video>

I havnt forgotten about you guys and i will report anything i find if and when i find it. Delta

Glad to hear you're making progress.

I'll be waiting for an update regarding this issue.

character is linked to cd-key.

OW GAWD WE WERE SO SMART. NOW THEY WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO CHEAT.

God freaking damn it. IT IS BECAUSE YOUR CHARACTER IS LINKED TO THE CD-KEY THAT WE ARE STUCK. THAT IS WHY REINSTALLING THE GAME/STEAM OR EVERY OTHER PROGRAM DOESN'T WORK.

and yes I am raging. Not because I can't play it for like 2 weeks, but because PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ASKING AND SENDING TICKETS FOR LIKE GOD DAMN 2 WEEKS.

I thank you for responding after god knows how many threads that are on this forum.

Let us hope we find a solution and that everyone can have a descent playing experience again :)

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of support, this is the first i have seen or heard of this problem and this thread (Only reason im here is one of you got reported lol). Sadly i cannot offer you a solution at the moment, but i promise i will do the upmost to aid those who cant play. I will do my best to find you guys a fix, or at the very least inform you on when it will be fixed. Il post back tomorrow (its 2am here now) with any results. Please refrain from headbutting your keyboards in distress. Peace out. Delta

Only way to fix this will be to do player resets for us and then look into hive issue.. I've posted a support ticket and the fact that you are only just aware of a problem suggests support tickets are pointless.

not sure what options are open to us? apart from the hacker that seems to help fix things for people..

Only way to fix this will be to do player resets for us and then look into hive issue.. I've posted a support ticket and the fact that you are only just aware of a problem suggests support tickets are pointless.

not sure what options are open to us? apart from the hacker that seems to help fix things for people..

Theres a hacker fixing things for people? Can you give me a link to one of his threads please :D

Ive got one information which noone mentioned. Maybe im only one with this.

basically, i have same issue as everyone above. It started 3-4 days ago. At first ive tried uinstalling, redownloading etc. bud after i tried private hive i realized i cant do anything about it.

And now - my main information. When im stuck on Setup completed, please wait... thing i can see part of some sorf of code. Im not programmer but it looks like server cant get position.

Code looks like this:

"preloadcamera |#|_SetPos"

Error pou ta nedefinovana prom nna: _setpos

I have Czech version of Arma and last line is in czech. Some letters are missing but i think meaning of it is: Error used undefined variable: _setpos

Im also adding a screenshot of this. I hope it can help somehow.

20120824174253.png

EDIT: Dont know why, but that website resized my image. Here is link for original big image on mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?gz5o3e5e5q71y7y

Edited by Oalarydy

Don't know how to fix it, but really.. telling the entire community that you have the same problem (we all pity you anyway, there's no need to remind us of how shitty your conditions are) brings noothing good. Just wait for someone to help you.

I can confirm NOTHING works as of what was suggested.

a friendly "hacker"bro tried spawning me in chernarus , then he would give me some stuff

we would walk around for couple of minutes for the server to registrate my character.. But nothing..

I respawned and still in the debug zone :('

Just to update, i have not found out anything other than it is some kind of issue with the "saved" coordinates used to save your position. All my best efforts just seem to be turning up blanks. I have passed it on to the guys above me and i will report back asap. This sucks for you guys i know, but please be patient.

• Like 1

Just to update, i have not found out anything other than it is some kind of issue with the "saved" coordinates used to save your position. All my best efforts just seem to be turning up blanks. I have passed it on to the guys above me and i will report back asap. This sucks for you guys i know, but please be patient.

Thanks for helping us tho :D

As long you keep us all posted about the progress I feel hopeful.

I ran for 3 hours and I got to map to find some kit but no skin, I then hid because I had a few things to do and in my state of not needing food or drink I could wait while stuff spawned. I return to find music playing and my guy along with a 10 others most of which were dead thanks to a script kiddie who had transported us all out to the plains without kit so there I was again.. Nice one... This game is truly fucking me off.... 33,000 metres out and running... (only blessing being that the marker I put down when I had map still shows so i now know the direction to run!

Thanks, man. I hope you guys figure something out. More and more people (including myself) are getting stuck on "Setup completed, please wait..." (or the debug plains after 20-30 minutes of waiting), thereby being unable to play the game at all. It's good to hear that the devs are aware of this and are trying to fix it.

Reporting the same problem... stuck in setup completed and a few rare times i get in but have no sound and i cant get hungry or thirsty. yesterday i ran for 2 hours to get to the normal map. tryed a few things. couldent aggro any zombies but i could see loot on the ground and pick it up. i ended up jumping off a roof, just to get respawned back in the debug plains with nothing but my ghillie on :S... looking foward to the fix, this is a pain.

Me and 2 other buddys have encountered the same problem yesterday at exact the same moment of time.

I am really hoping on an actual fix, just so that i dont lose my character. I'm not even trying to do anything from this point forward, because judging by the earlier posts, and i read every single one, there is nothing one can do about it...

If any DayZ Dev guy could share some thoughts about the problem, like i've heard it could be sth. the hive did to some ppl, pls let us know or just say sth like with the next update u can play again etc.

Ty in advance ur doing awesome so far!

Regards Rex

EDIT: Hacker helped me to die and now i can play again wohoo

Edited by NovusRex

I believe this is a problem with different versions of arma and dayz to the server I would suggest updating to the newest version of Arma beta and dayz and find a server that has both of those as well then load in and die if you can (jump on a grenade starve or what ever you can) then reload on that same server and you should be fine.