Valentinoz

Stuck on ( Setup completed, Please wait...)

Stuck in the same place, spawning in no mans land after 30min of; "Setup Compleat, Please Wait...". Did run in to the map (in about 1.5h), puched ESC and then Respawn and... BANG!!! Back in the plains.. wonderful...

BTW. This was after after the 3rd reinstall, 6 update check, with 6 updater/Luancher and DayZ Commander, manuall installed in @DayZ folder..

Re installed BattlEye. patched from diffrent sites..

And just bought the game this Wensday just to try out DayZ... Now i know how the Debug Plains look like anyway... ... ...

... Guess i just need to wait out this problem...

Im so sad :( no dayz

Edited by Dons

Wondering why they wont just reset our player profiles in the hive... they probably stopped working on the problem already

Probably because it doesn't fix the problems, only the symptoms. I agree that it is annoying to be unable to play the game for days and weeks when the devs could fix my game in like 20 seconds (given that the problem is indeed corrupted hive data). But they would have to keep fixing everybody's character data every time it gets fucked up. It's probably easier to find to root of the problem and solve it once and for all. At least that's what I tell myself when I cry myself to sleep every night.

The "good" thing is that the number of people with this problem only increases because hardly anybody manages to fix it on his own. I know it's an evil thing to say, but I hope that a lot more people get this problem so that somebody will have to do something about it.

Hope if they fix it I will still be where I was and have my stuff

If you still care about your character, you are clearly not desperate enough yet.

Edited by Looks
  • Like 1

Been literally tearing my hair out searching for a fix or a solution to this the past few days, and all my effort is fruitless. No one seems to know why its happened or how it can be fixed.

Things similar to this have happened before with the arma x users, and that was eventually rectified. So dont lose hope. Not saying im giving up on this, just that i dont really know what can be done other than waiting for 1.7.3 and hoping it fixes you. Delta.

• Like 1

Been literally tearing my hair out searching for a fix or a solution to this the past few days, and all my effort is fruitless. No one seems to know why its happened or how it can be fixed.

Things similar to this have happened before with the arma x users, and that was eventually rectified. So dont lose hope. Not saying im giving up on this, just that i dont really know what can be done other than waiting for 1.7.3 and hoping it fixes you. Delta.

Im afraid of that 1.7.3 might not help, but atleast we have something to hope for. I think it have to do something with our character´s informations on Hive. As people said above, we can play on Lingor or private Hives without any issues.

Today ive tried to run from Debug Hills back to map. It took me about 40 minutes and after i get there i noticed one thing - i wasnt spawning any zombies. I was running around bars, even around NW Airfield and i havent seen any zombie at all. And another interesting thing was that i wasnt making any sounds or neither i was "visible". The sound and visibility indicator werent showing anything at all.

After i died i was teleported (!) back to Debug Hills. No "You are dead" screen appeared. I just died and in few seconds i was standing in debug hills again.

• Like 1

Are Rocket and those people aware of this problem at all?

• Like 1

I have no idea what could be done about the extremely long loading times at the "Setup Completed, please wait..."-screen, but couldn't you fix the spawning in the debug plains by checking the player's coordinates every time he spawns in the game? Just one simple check if the coordinates are within the map. If not, teleport him to one of the spawn points at the coast.

• Like 1

This is what shows up on servers so this suggests to me that this is a hive issue, as people suffering this problem still can join private hive servers.

This is what it shows server side

23:40:36 "LOGIN ATTEMPT: "3579910" Fauji"

23:40:38 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',false,'28560403',[0,[13104.2,7190.07,3.49701]],[[],[]],["",[[],[]],[[],[]]],[3233,3958,3958],Camo1_DZ,0.94]"

23:40:38 "LOGIN LOADED: B 1-1-A:17 (Fauji) REMOTE Type: Survivor1_DZ"

23:40:41 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,[],[scalar,0],<null>,[any,any]],[83,50,0,0],["","amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon",100],[0,[13104.2,7190.07,3.49701]],2500]"

23:40:41 Error in expression <['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>

23:40:41 Error position: <<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>

23:40:41 Error Invalid number in expression

23:40:41 Error in expression <['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>

23:40:41 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,[],[scalar,0],<null>,[any,any]],[83,50,0,0],["","amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon",100],[0,[13104.2,7190.07,3.49701]],2500]"

23:40:42 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,[],[scalar,0],<null>,[any,any]],[83,50,0,0],["","amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon",100],[0,[13104.2,7190.07,3.49701]],2500]"

23:40:42 Error in expression <['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>

23:40:42 Error position: <<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>

23:40:42 Error Invalid number in expression

23:40:42 Error in expression <['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>

23:40:42 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,[],[scalar,0],<null>,[any,any]],[83,50,0,0],["","amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon",100],[0,[13104.2,7190.07,3.49701]],2500]"

23:40:42 "LOGIN PUBLISHING: B 1-1-D:1 (Fauji) REMOTE Type: Camo1_DZ"

23:40:46 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

• Like 2

Same problem here did only get to play DayZ for 1½ day and realy love it and want to play more.. but noooo.. I am stuck in debug with now sound and all.

• Like 1

I'm with you, guys. Yesterday I got killed and after that I got stuck in debug wilderness. I'm amazed that it's impossible to reset your character. And I bought ARMA just for dayz, played some hours and now I'm already in a bugged situation: no sound, no items and no drink/food consumption so it's impossible to kill urself.

So please, something has to be done with this thing; when it makes playing impossible, it should be priority #1 to get fixed.

There are also some other bugs I will report but after I can get back to the game :)

• Like 2

Same problem here did only get to play DayZ for 1½ day and realy love it and want to play more.. but noooo.. I am stuck in debug with now sound and all.

That must really suck. I got DayZ about two to three weeks ago, so I had at least a little time to play the game. It was good while it lasted.

Too bad it broke, because I think I was finally getting the hang of it. Knowing where to find loot, getting an idea of how close you can move to zombies without being noticed, developing some strategies for survival, learning how to spot other players before they spot me.

• Like 3

That must really suck. I got DayZ about two to three weeks ago, so I had at least a little time to play the game. It was good while it lasted.

Too bad it broke, because I think I was finally getting the hang of it. Knowing where to find loot, getting an idea of how close you can move to zombies without being noticed, developing some strategies for survival, learning how to spot other players before they spot me.

That's exactly what I feel. I'm not angry because it's a free mod, just frustrated !

• Like 1

Yeah it really do. last night my plan was to play DayZ all night but that dream was short lived. No I am just going crazy wanting to play but not being able to.

Don't really now want to play any outer game and having friends playing making it even worse.

I am even thinking of getting a arma 2 thats not on steam so i get a second CD key so I can play. That how much i want to play.

So now i am just stuck about reading and seeing on youtube what ppl are up to in the game :(

Plz.. fix this bug ASAP. becus this really kills the game.

• Like 1

stuck in debug land......would be great with a fix..

name : altheone

ID : 24232390

I'm going to open a dedicated thread to regroup all the requests.

Same here :( just got the hang of it aswell

Edited by driveandkill

I have this bug for 4-5 days now. Tried to walk back to cherno but was unsuccesful. I hired a server with some friends so i feel kinda ripped of i cant even play on my own server...

I and a guy who is stuck in the debug hill tried a few things last night:

1. teleported him to chernarus and killed him

2. teleported him to chernarus, got him to change into a ghillie, waited 5 mins, killed him

3. teleported him to chernarus, waited 5 mins killed a couple zombies, had him abort

each time he respawned at the debug hill. i've got a few more things to try like slaying the player whilst he's in the debug hill, or maybe changing him into an animal and then teleporting him, etc. I do recall that when one time a friend and I were trolling some noob hacker in a freddie kruger mask who was running around killing people, i turned my friend (who has no hax) into a goat to harrass this guy; I was invisible so every time he'd kill my goat friend I'd just teleport him back to us straight away from the debug hill. Not sure if I changed my friend back to a person or just left him as a goat before we changed server; either way he didn't respawn stuck on the debug hill. so maybe messing with the animal skins could be something to try...

PM me with steam/skype details if you wanna have a crack at it with me; if we manage to solve it then I'll post here again and fix up anyone who wants help

Edited by Hoffies