Valentinoz

Stuck on ( Setup completed, Please wait...)

In regard to Mr. Nand's idea two posts up: With that combination of ARMA and DayZ versions, I only get to the "Loading" screen. Of course I could also connect to a private hive. I just want a character reset. Is there a form or a button to press? Give me something admins.

I apologize, I misread your post. Edited out initial response. As to your stuck on "Loading" issue, read below.

Expect a 20-30 minute load into debug land and a long run to Chernarus. Hopefully your friend is close and waiting with a ghillie once you get into Chernarus.

Edited by nand

HOW DO I RESET MY CHARACTER ?

You can't. Therein lies the problem.

I found a fix, after a lot of googling and patient friends helped me out. The fix requires the following

1 - Downgrade to Arma 2 Version 95417

2 - Downgrade to DayZ Version 1.7.2.4

3 - Load into a game - I fixed my issue on US 1049

4 - Wait a long time to spawn into debug land

5 - Run east until you're in Chernarus

6 - Meet up with a friend that has a spare Ghillie Suit

7 - Put on the Ghillie Suit - a quick "Setup Completed" message will appear on your screen and you will also now have sound

8 - Run around for at least 5 minutes and have your friend or zombies kill you

9 - Reconnect to the same server, you should now be able to spawn a new character

10 - If your issue wasn't resolved, try again

I try your fix with 1.7.2.5 and beta 95883. 23km in debug land, meet a friend, wear a ghillie suit and nothing happen :( Always no sound, no loot, zombies don't aggro) I'm "invisible" for them ! Thank's anyway for your post.

Any other fix please ?

I try your fix with 1.7.2.5 and beta 95883. 23km in debug land, meet a friend, wear a ghillie suit and nothing happen :( Always no sound, no loot, zombies don't aggro) I'm "invisible" for them ! Thank's anyway for your post.

Any other fix please ?

Well, if you didn't decide to ignore the first two and most important points for no reason you'd be out of debug land by now.

Downgrade and try again.

Well, if you didn't decide to ignore the first two and most important points for no reason you'd be out of debug land by now.

Downgrade and try again.

I think you're ignoring the critical problem for a majority of us (as said several times earlier): We were already unable to play on 1.7.2.4. For most of us, we were stuck on Loading forever, and this bug in 1.7.2.5 is an extension.

Thanks for the suggestion, but your problem is a different one and its one fix is literally impossible for us to do.

Yes, i downgraded beta patch and dayz. Loading screen for ever...

How can we delete our principal profile ? Because, I try to delete ArmaII ArmaII OA on steam and files in computer (like profile, save etc.) Reinstall properly and my first account is always here, I cannot delete it.

I found a fix, after a lot of googling and patient friends helped me out. The fix requires the following

3 - Load into a game - I fixed my issue on US 1049

4 - Wait a long time to spawn into debug land

5 - Run east until you're in Chernarus

6 - Meet up with a friend that has a spare Ghillie Suit

7 - Put on the Ghillie Suit - a quick "Setup Completed" message will appear on your screen and you will also now have sound

8 - Run around for at least 5 minutes and have your friend or zombies kill you

9 - Reconnect to the same server, you should now be able to spawn a new character

10 - If your issue wasn't resolved, try again

hello. i follow your instruction all the way and i was finally able to go into new character. i registered to this forum just to thank you. one week without dayz and now i'm playting with my friends again. THANK YOU.

I think you're ignoring the critical problem for a majority of us (as said several times earlier): We were already unable to play on 1.7.2.4. For most of us, we were stuck on Loading forever, and this bug in 1.7.2.5 is an extension.

Thanks for the suggestion, but your problem is a different one and its one fix is literally impossible for us to do.

I'm not ignoring the "critical problem". I was simply able to fix the issue that was mirrored by other players in this same thread. Not everyone can load in, sure..but a majority of people can, albeit in debug land. For those of you completely stuck in loading I hope someone finds a way to resolve that issue in a timely manner.

Yes, i downgraded beta patch and dayz.

I try your fix with 1.7.2.5 and beta 95883.

Ah, okay. Sad to hear that this probably wouldn't have worked either way for you. I was merely replying to you stating in your previous post that you decided to try the fix on the updated, non rolled-back OA Beta and DayZ releases. Best of luck.

hello. i follow your instruction all the way and i was finally able to go into new character. i registered to this forum just to thank you. one week without dayz and now i'm playting with my friends again. THANK YOU.

I'm glad it worked for someone. Welcome back to DayZ.

Edited by nand

I have a similar Problem. Every time I join an other server, my character respawns at the usual after-death-spawn-points. That happened after I once ended up in debug-land.

it seems to be, that I am able to join servers running 1.7.2.4, but not .5.

I'll be stuck on loading screen as well

Edited by Zombie_Fodder

Oh Great, now I updated Dayz with the new Six thingie, spawned at the nowwhere land and lost now all my gear. I mean ALL!! I so had it!!

Stuck on Loading 1.7.2.4, tried downpatching my Beta and DayZ but still get stuck! 1.7.2.5 I can unstuck myself by hitting "g" and opening my inventory at the "Setup Completed" screen and equiping my flashlight (no sound no hunger, ect.). Can anyone please help?

Pathetic support, pathetic game

warz is on its way.

if they were even good they would have forum support but there too shit, pathetic shame kiwi.

Terrible trolling, but thanks for the bump.

Please uninstall everything, and then follow these steps:

1) Delete any remaining files in your game folder

2) Re-download/install ARMA II/OA

3) If your ARMA II & OA installations are separate folders, please copy the "addons" folder from your ARMA II folder to your OA folder

4) Install beta 95883 ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_95883.zip

5) Make a folder called "@dayz" in your root folder.

6) Put a folder called "addons" in the above folder

7) Put the DayZ 1.7.2.5 files in that "addons" folder http://se1.dayz.nu/torrents/latest.torrent

8) In your root folder, find the shortcut named "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" and send it to your desktop

9) add the following parameters to the target line: -skipIntro -mod=@dayz -world=empty

10) Play!

• Like 1

Please uninstall everything, and then follow these steps:

1) Delete any remaining files in your game folder

2) Re-download/install ARMA II/OA

3) If your ARMA II & OA installations are separate folders, please copy the "addons" folder from your ARMA II folder to your OA folder

4) Install beta 95883 ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_95883.zip

5) Make a folder called "@dayz" in your root folder.

6) Put a folder called "addons" in the above folder

7) Put the DayZ 1.7.2.5 files in that "addons" folder http://se1.dayz.nu/t.../latest.torrent

8) In your root folder, find the shortcut named "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" and send it to your desktop

9) add the following parameters to the target line: -skipIntro -mod=@dayz -world=empty

10) Play!

let me know if it helped

Ricksway, your solution seems to have worked, I'm just at the loading screen now, however previously it would quickly load up the game and put me into the abysmal Setup complete screen. I'll add onto this if things change.

Okay, that didn't help at all sadly. Still stuck in the debug wasteland, however I can do the torchlight trick to get out of the screen, wonder if killing myself will work now.

Edited by dontblamecows

Would love a solution to this extremely annoying problem. Both of the already posted ones do not work, and as such I can not play DayZ now.