Jack A

Stuck on "Loading" screen

Hey guys,

After spending 1 whole week getting my hands on Arma II:Combined Operations I installed DayZ through six launcher as recommended on Dayzmod.com, as soon as i got it I managed to get into 3 games at the most, each lasting about 2-4 mins before lagging to the point of losing connection ( i didnt even get off the beach) and now when ever i join a game it'll go: role selection, receiving data, creating character, receiving, Loading. And then it does nothing, just loading, sometimes the loading bar will fill and do nothing as well. I think i may be having the same problem as these guys: "Stuck on loading" but i cant really understand half of it.

*Task manager says the program is responsive.

*The copy is legit, correctly installed, and from steam.

same is happening to me and its really annoying, no matter what server i try to join it does the same thing.

please get a fix for this.

Being stuck on "loading" without a bar means that the hive is suffering from to many people connecting at once. Considering an update was just recently rolled out, a lot of servers were restarted and a lot of people logged out of the game and started downloading/reconnecting. Thus lagging the hive. The only thing you can do is wait. These posts always come up after a version update because the update causes this. Get used to it.

• Like 1

Hey all,

I'm also sharing the pain. Bought this whole package a few nights ago purely for DayZ.

Installed twice thus far. Played standard games of ARMA perfectly fine. Loaded Six Launcher and updated no worries there.

Find a server I like, enter the lobby, choose a role, first loading bar complete, small traces of sound, creating character flashes up, receiving, second loading screen shows... Waiting... Waiting.

I've left it for at least half an hour on several occasions on many different servers but no progress yet!

Hoping for a fix cause I'm quite keen to play.

Bump!

Semaj.

• Like 1

If you're getting stuck at the loading screen with the bar, then the problem is you're on a beta patch not matching the server's. Today I got the problem as well, and it turns out I can join the servers running the latest beta patch just fine.

Being stuck on "loading" without a bar means that the hive is suffering from to many people connecting at once. Considering an update was just recently rolled out, a lot of servers were restarted and a lot of people logged out of the game and started downloading/reconnecting. Thus lagging the hive. The only thing you can do is wait. These posts always come up after a version update because the update causes this. Get used to it.

how long time will it take? (i still can't play, got same problem as the others)

I have the same problem, today I've been getting stuck on the loading screen on every server I play :(

Holy shit I found mozzy on the dayz forums.