CHOSENMARINE

Cheater with video proof

Server: US 1579

Time/date: 8/10/2012 at about 9:30 Mountain daylight time (MTG).

Me and my friend Ryan were hangin' out on the control tower at the airfield on the coast, and this guys just simply climbed up and started giving us weapons. After that he disconnected and nuked the building we were on. If the server hasn't restarted the building may still be a pile of rubble. His name is John and the video will explain everything.

These kind of player really piss me off, and this is pretty much the best possible proof you could possibly get.

Edited by CHOSENMARINE
  • Like 1

Hope he gets banned

I hate hackers with a passion, so I agree. That's why I was so enthusiastic in the video.

Question, how do you know his name was John? There are no nametags on that server which leads me to believe your friend picked a random name from the list or something

Either way, get rid of him

Question, how do you know his name was John? There are no nametags on that server which leads me to believe your friend picked a random name from the list or something

Either way, get rid of him

For some reason his name wasn't showing up while I was filming, but I saw it when he came up the ladder. My friend Ryan also said his name was definitely John. I hit fraps as soon as he said " don't wast your ammo" after we shot him A LOT.

Edited by CHOSENMARINE

No what he is saying is that the server has no nametags whatsoever, and it clearly showed that in your video. I think your friend who is so confident that the hacker is name john is also hacking, since there is a way to have players name show above their head if hacking. So both your friend and this hacker should be banned.

No what he is saying is that the server has no nametags whatsoever, and it clearly showed that in your video. I think your friend who is so confident that the hacker is name john is also hacking, since there is a way to have players name show above their head if hacking. So both your friend and this hacker should be banned.

We have been friends since grade 4, and we hang out almost every other day. Not to mention we are in the same clan. This isn't somebody I just met in the game. If he was hacking he would have told me XD

Besides, dayz is glitchy as hell, so sometimes a name will come up, sometimes it won't. That's happened to me and other player before.

I still don't think it is a legit name that you gave or that you were given and there is not enough proof of the name besides you saying it. You didn't even see his name in the player list

Make sure you have proof to back up everything you say before you file that report because this guy will more than likely not be banned because there is no proof his name was "John"

So you hate hackers and you report them but you still take the gear they give you ?

I hate hackers but not AS50's :D

Just so you know it wasn't a nuke, it was a satchel charge.

I was on that server! My friend saw the pile of rubble. We both wondered where the huge fire glitch came from. I wish I could've saw it. Stupid Texture glitches at military sites.

As a member at fragtard.net (who run this server) I can tell you that you can usually get quick admin assistance via the forums there, the forum chat or Teamspeak (TS-info can be found on the site).

Also, while there are no permanent nametags, the server shows the name when scrollwheeling while aiming at a player.

• Like 1

So you hate hackers and you report them but you still take the gear they give you ?

A week ago I would have said no. I even turned down an L85 from a friend because it had been duped in a tent.

Then today, I and everybody else on the server I was on, had all of our gear replaced. I lost my backpack (with an AS50 in it), my M9SD was replaced with a makarov SD, and my L85 was replaced with a KSVK. It took countless hours searching fields for choppers to get the gear I had, with many a hairy experience lived though - even managing to get back to my dead body and get my gear back on one occasion after being hack-killed.

So you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to use that KSVK until I get one of my teammates to dupe their AS50 and L85 for me. I've berated people for duping stuff before and loathe hackers, but this latest incident was the proverbial straw that broke my resolve.

Until they get this crap under control, any legitimate work put in finding great loot is utterly pointless, because there's a good chance you'll lose it on the whim of a hacker.