NocturnalS1n

1.7.2.5 Tents and Vehicle Inventories not saving.

I have been playing DayZ for two weeks now and I am quickly loosing interest in playing because of the confusion with tents not saving.

It is now obvious that my tent is totally useless for storing items in it. So many items that have simply vanished.

1.7.2.5 + 96061

Edit: I have noticed that if you place items in a tent before the very first server restart, the items will respawn multiple times regardless. This small eh feature compensates for the awkward situation with the tents, so I am less bothered by the tent issue now. We also noticed that an ATW stayed in place after a server restart.

Edited by Treehugger
  • Like 1

Bumping this cause we also still have the issue, and by now I'm about the only one left playing of our group cause everyone else can't be bothered anymore finding and repairing vehicles cause they despawn anyway.

Nice going there DayZ Team.

Edited by Vittek
  • Like 1

Hello,

is the only thing i have to do to downgrade my server, put the 1.7.2.4 dayz files in it or do i have to switch to old hive version, too?

• Like 1

Hello,

is the only thing i have to do to downgrade my server, put the 1.7.2.4 dayz files in it or do i have to switch to old hive version, too?

Thats my question too really, and if it is the case that I need to have those older hive files where can I come by them in order to populate them into my config? Our server only became live with thr 1.7.2.5 patch version.

this has been going on for 2 to 3 weeks now. dont look for any kinda of fix soon standalone was announced and the standalone will take all of the time so dont expect anything to soon but it could happen

• Like 1

I don't think they allow it but I am keeping my server at .4 version until the vehicles/tents can get saved, rather useless since .5 does not save anything.

Sad part is nobody plays .4 version, so its useless to downgrade :\

• Like 1

Edit: I pulled this while watching the "arma2oaserver.RPT" log... This happens whenever anyone tries to save a tent/vehicle.

17:49:15 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:305:2.11291e+006:[317,[12037.4,9097.51,0.000137329]]:0.707175:""

17:49:15 Error in expression <stInventory",_inventory];

if (_objectID == "0") then {

_key = format["CHILD:309:>

17:49:15 Error position: <== "0") then {

17:49:15 Error Generic error in expression

17:49:15 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 31

Hope this helps...

Edited by H4zt3
  • Like 2

Hello,

That is correct. You delete the 1.7.2.5 files inside @DayZ/addons/ and then you paste the 1.7.2.4 files in there instead. You also have to downgrade the hive files. So you delete your hive files inside Arma 2 operation Arrowhead folder. And then you insert the previous version at the same location. The previous hive files can be found in the control panel at support.dayzmod.com

• Like 1

Is it possible to play on 1.7.2.4 servers without downgrade game version?

No you must downgrade your game version but it's totally worth it. Just download dayz commander and it will do the job automatically for you.

I encounter the same problem on our server, the vehicles return to their spawn every day, and when this is not the case they are replaced by other, mostly by bike (today is UAZ and VS3 one we just lost) and every day the server crashes and must be restarted! ! We tried to get the serv. in 1.7.2.4 but now no more vehicles is avaialble on the map! we do not know what to do, and if not Dayzmod.com we will eventually just stop playing! because tired to start each day! ! ! The game is tempered by these problems ! ! !

• Like 1

It is in fact pretty sad to loose your newly found and fixed UAZ + tractor and all the gear in them. lost a bus and a atv too. they just don't save. And i srsly doubt that they are stolen that quickly because i drive them so far away and log in after the restarts. but i assume the patch is on its way

/pardon poor english (2nd lang).

Cheers.

little thing i have learned about the tents... put the tent down, put stuff in, save it, pull stuff out, pull tent up, next restart come back and you will find your tent with stuff in it. Enjoy

Edit: I pulled this while watching the "arma2oaserver.RPT" log... This happens whenever anyone tries to save a tent/vehicle.

17:49:15 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:305:2.11291e+006:[317,[12037.4,9097.51,0.000137329]]:0.707175:""

17:49:15 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

17:49:15 Error in expression <stInventory",_inventory];

if (_objectID == "0") then {

17:49:15 Error position: <== "0") then {

17:49:15 Error Generic error in expression

17:49:15 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 31

Hope this helps...

Bumping thread for devs to see this :D

Since this has been fixed on private HIVES, there appears to be no reason that it cannot be fixed for the rest of us....

• Like 1

I have similar problems with my server. The vehicles wont save locations + they loss items on server restart. I had to shut down my servers so the players of my server would stop complaining about losing everything on mandatory server restarts.

Happened to me today, spent 2 hours repairing a bus in cherno then drove it past gorka. Came home and it didn't save, honestly don't believe it was someone stealing it since I just found two ATV's in the most obvious place. It's all borked up, I have no incentive to play, if there is no development those of us with short attention spans will go somewhere else. I understand the state of things now with Rocket having other responsibilities like the standalone and Arma 3, but there isn't even any news. Someone please let us know if problems are even being looked at, maybe a tweet.

• Like 1

We've been having the same issue on my server as well... though, I don't think it started with 1.7.2.5... it seems like I started noticing items in vehicles and tents stopped saving after the new BattlEye enhancements (remoteexec.txt and createvehicle.txt).

I may remove these for a couple days and see if things improve (if no one else already has).

We've been having the same issue on my server as well... though, I don't think it started with 1.7.2.5... it seems like I started noticing items in vehicles and tents stopped saving after the new BattlEye enhancements (remoteexec.txt and createvehicle.txt).

I may remove these for a couple days and see if things improve (if no one else already has).

No, it's 1.7.2.5

I have my server on 1.7.2.4 and the problem is gone.

What bothers me the most is that there still is no official acknowledgement of the problem to be found anywhere.

What bothers me the second most is that although the problem seems to be pretty wide spread the majority of the hive servers sticks to 1.7.2.5 and hive 0.7.3. I mean what is the point in waiting for a move by the devs if a solution is at hand. If you administer a server with this problem but not the actual hoster (meaning you rented the server as a gameserver) urge your hoster to downgrade the shit.

• Like 1

Im not starting my instance til this crap is fixed. No sense supporting the game if stuff don't save as its suppose to. An them useless dead soldiers need removed, graphic glitches are insane because of them and barb wire (GET RID OF IT) ....... I was going to support 2 - 3 new servers but not going to support unless it is working!

No, it's 1.7.2.5

I have my server on 1.7.2.4 and the problem is gone.

Ok, thanks.

What bothers me the most is that there still is no official acknowledgement of the problem to be found anywhere.

What bothers me the second most is that although the problem seems to be pretty wide spread the majority of the hive servers sticks to 1.7.2.5 and hive 0.7.3. I mean what is the point in waiting for a move by the devs if a solution is at hand. If you administer a server with this problem but not the actual hoster (meaning you rented the server as a gameserver) urge your hoster to downgrade the shit.

Agreed... I know the focus has probably shifted to the standalone, but even minimal support for the mod in the meantime would be appreciated, and it appears there is none.

Im not starting my instance til this crap is fixed. No sense supporting the game if stuff don't save as its suppose to. An them useless dead soldiers need removed, graphic glitches are insane because of them and barb wire (GET RID OF IT) ....... I was going to support 2 - 3 new servers but not going to support unless it is working!

To much mentality like this, we should be finding bugs, reporting them and stress testing the game.