NocturnalS1n

1.7.2.5 Tents and Vehicle Inventories not saving.

Same shit here. I upgraded to 1.7.2.5 and voila my tents and vehicles were there, however only the items that were put in when the server was running 1.7.2.4. However any vehicle repairs and positions will save after a restart. In fact, the vehicle's positions will save place without having to select "save vehicle" from the scroll menu. But the vehicle's contents, just like the tents will only revert back to what there were before. And just like you, any new tents or vehicles will not save at all. So I decided to downgrade back to 1.7.2.4 and still no dice. This shit is completely broken. Found a silenced M4a3 CCO and lost it to a non-saving ATV. This is really breaking the game for me cause I set up tents all around the map with stuff so If I die, I can come back and re-gear or get sustenance on my way back to my main camp. Which means I cannot add new items into my tens. Kind of makes the game pointless if you cannot put your stuff anywhere. And I do not like the fact that this allows duping to occur. I mean I know it was always an issue with tents but, I think this needs to be a top priority. If you cant save anything, then its not an RPG, its an Arcade!

Solution: Rollback to 1.7.2.4. Problem solved.

1.7.2.5 doesn't introduce anything new, it doesn't fix anything at all. So I don't even get why people would want to use it. Just rollback and it's fine again.

Some people report they still have this issue on 1.7.2.4. According to Dwarden it might have something to do with too large item-numbers in the hive.

I have also tried rolling back and so on, still wont save neither tents or vehicles.

Some word from the Dev team about this would be nice....

Definitely happening on our server too. Things worked perfectly in 1.7.2.4 but since 1.7.2.5, after a server reboot vehicles revert to their saved position (and contents) as of wherever they were with 1.7.2.4 Tents do the same thing. New tents can be placed but they will not save any contents at all even after a reboot.

Our server is running:

Dayz 1.7.2.5

HIVE 0.7.3

Arma Beta 95883

Exactly the same with our server, however, when saving certain vehicles, they turn into something else. For example, the Ural always turns into a bus, and the bicycle turns into a motorcycle. We have a Host Altitude server.

So it sounds to me like maybe it is related to the hosts, possibly. With regards to tents, we set up camp on 1.7.2.4 - everything we had in the tents during that patch is saved everyday. The same items reappear after server restart. However since we upgraded to 1.7.2.5, we cannot save any additional items placed in those tents.

yeah We've got the same issues on our server im sure it will be patched quickly tho.

Just for information folks, if you have access to your server logs you will see this line when attempting to save tents/vehicles.

Error in expression <stInventory",_inventory];

if (_objectID == "0") then {

_key = format["CHILD:309:>

Error position: <== "0") then {

Error Generic error in expression

File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 31

Looks like since the last patch they have introduced errors in the way the server updates....

Really unprofessional development, logs show the error:

4:22:54 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:305:1.5041e+006:[60,[8440.5,8673.26,0.026001]]:1:""

4:22:54 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

4:22:54 Error in expression <stInventory",_inventory];

if (_objectID == "0") then {

4:22:54 Error position: <== "0") then {

4:22:54 Error Generic error in expression

4:22:54 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 31

4:22:56 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/41502

What about just reverting the changes you made? It worked in 1.7.2.4. No comment on the issue at all from the devs here. What is this? You ever heard of revision control and release management? Or learned simple PR stuff about communication with possible customers? Every professional software developer laughs at you. I really hope you don't intend to keep the quality of your code like this for the standalone version, it's just a sad joke.

Edited by h1ghb1rd
  • Like 4

Exactly the same with our server, however, when saving certain vehicles, they turn into something else. For example, the Ural always turns into a bus, and the bicycle turns into a motorcycle. We have a Host Altitude server.

So it sounds to me like maybe it is related to the hosts, possibly. With regards to tents, we set up camp on 1.7.2.4 - everything we had in the tents during that patch is saved everyday. The same items reappear after server restart. However since we upgraded to 1.7.2.5, we cannot save any additional items placed in those tents.

Exactly! Same host and same problems! Vehical positions and their items would revert back to where we last saved it on 1.7.2.4.

Also, our vehicals sometimes "evolve" into other vehicals. For example:

Ural turns into a Bus.

Bicycle turns into a Motorcycle.

And the rest of the vehicals either return back to their spawnpoint, or stay where they are with none of our new items saved. This is getting annoying, because one day I found a V3S and then went everywhere with it. I managed to find an AS50, M107, 2 M4A1 CCO SD's, a Bizon, an MP5A5 SD, 2 M9 SD's, and much, MUCH more. I'm getting really aggrivated about this, and refuse to play. Right now Host Altitude doesn't have the 1.7.2.4 files, according to my friend who bought the server.

Someone just fix the issue, and then we can get on with playing again. Everyone is right, the game is basically unplayable right now since the most reliable storage is your backpack. And backpacks barely hold anything. I have a coyote backpack and can only fix 1 primary, 2 secondaries, and some ammo for all.

PLEASE! SOMEONE JUST FIX THIS!

• Like 1

We are ruining latest versions and are having trouble with vehicle inventories having short term memory loss. Very annoying!

I wish they would fix this already! Or at least some official acknowledgement from the devs. People say revert to 1.7.2.4 but most people say this hasn't resolved their issue. Frustrating to say the least.

• Like 1

My server is running 1.7.2.4 and am now having issues with that as well in terms of saving vehicles and tents.. Not to the extent of 1.7.2.5 though. I think it is time (since the standalone won't use it) to get rid of the hive server.

Also, our vehicals sometimes "evolve" into other vehicals. For example:

Ural turns into a Bus.

Bicycle turns into a Motorcycle.

Maybe this is one of the "undocumented features" they talked about when releasing 1.7.2.5, vehicles that evolve just like in Pokemon?

Edited by h1ghb1rd
  • Like 1

My server is running 1.7.2.4 and am now having issues with that as well in terms of saving vehicles and tents.. Not to the extent of 1.7.2.5 though. I think it is time (since the standalone won't use it) to get rid of the hive server.

Hi. One thing I keep asking myself is if a private hive would or could be a solution to this problem? I mean, if it it's a 1.7.2.5 problem what difference does the hive make?

Hi. One thing I keep asking myself is if a private hive would or could be a solution to this problem? I mean, if it it's a 1.7.2.5 problem what difference does the hive make?

Search this thread for ShadowDuke.

I just had one setup 2 days ago.. did not solve vehicle problem.. can't speak for tents.. but if one isn't working i doubt the other is.. also the server host could have set it up wrong.. they are a terrible server provider.

We have the same problems on our Server (DE 1660). I'll advise our admin to try the rollback to 1.7.2.4/0.72.

Though I have to state, that my former "home" server LU136 is still working perfectly even with 1.7.2.5. I wonder what hive version they are running.

Edited by 31R0Y

Had a tractor and 2 military offroads, after reset the tractor was gone ( And I'm pretty sure someone would rather steal a military offroad than a tractor) And one of the military offroads turned into a bus o.O. Oh and the other offroad had its inventory wiped.

Not sure if its really the same issue but its strange though.

Edited by lian442

Though I have to state, that my former "home" server LU136 is still working perfectly even with 1.7.2.5. I wonder what hive version they are running.

when i check it looks like LU136 is running 1.7.2.4 and not 2.5

did they rollback?

if they really got 1.7.2.5 to work then i would love to know more about how they did.

We have the same problems on our Server (DE 1660). I'll advise our admin to try the rollback to 1.7.2.4/0.72.

These issue's will simply arrise when your item numbers breaks a certain number of digits. For example:

Baked Beans spawn item # 999998, the next item will have #999999 and after that the next item will get a 7 digit item number, which isn't supported by the Hyve.

So it's just a matter of time. The more popular your server is, the faster you experience this bs.

It's amazing there is still no official word form the DayZ staff. Imho they just dont give a fuck. Maybe us serveradmins should start boycotting their way of communication and pull down our servers.

• Like 2

Had a tractor and 2 military offroads, after reset the tractor was gone ( And I'm pretty sure someone would rather steal a military offroad than a tractor) And one of the military offroads turned into a bus o.O. Oh and the other offroad had its inventory wiped.

Not sure if its really the same issue but its strange though.

have the same problem here

find a damaged car (S1203 Van) -> repair it -> server restart transform it to a Pickup Truck -> another server restart respawns the damaged van at the spawn location -.-

All boats respawn after one server restart ...

These issue's will simply arrise when your item numbers breaks a certain number of digits. For example:

Baked Beans spawn item # 999998, the next item will have #999999 and after that the next item will get a 7 digit item number, which isn't supported by the Hyve.

So it's just a matter of time. The more popular your server is, the faster you experience this bs.

why do i experience this issue then on a brand new server whit hardly any population at all?

why do i experience this issue then on a brand new server whit hardly any population at all?

Items numbers are stored in the HIVE mate.