Black Shard

Corrupt Player Profile or rare Bug?

I'm having the weird bug of spawning with the Chars of other people (or that's how it seems, to be precise)- meaning I get different Items at random.

I did have this problem for the last few days (if I recall correctly it started with 1.5.8) now and actually created a Bug Report for this (which was said to undergo moderation). I noted afterwards that some people had similar Problems (till I think one of the 1.5.8.x patches where released) I told a Mod he didn't need to "publish" the topic (seeing as it would be reporting the same error twice).

Three hours ago I had a char with had a Czech Backpack and a Winchester, Grenade and some other stuff. But that char wasn't mine, I only had a Makarov that time and some more "food" as well as a Czech Backpack.

Now (more like 21:20) I spawned with an AKS (Kobra), an Alice Backpack, Sandbags, a lot of ammunition and other stuff - high end gear pretty much.

Spawning Positions as well as Stats (Blood, Kills, etc) where wildly variating, aswell.

What Servers I joined didn't make any difference.

So far I haven't seen much posts regarding such weird happenings, so I'm rather inclined to believe that my Profile is corrupted. Though of course there's still the chance that it is some rare bug.

Is there any "official" way to reach rocked/ some other staff member, or should I simply send a PM to several Mods/ Devs?

I can also provide the .rpt file or how it was called. Just drop me a note if more information is needed.

Footnote: Yes, my ArmA 2 Version is legit. I bought it one week ago - ArmA X to be precise (so pretty much the all in one version) from a store.

Edit: So I've taken a look at the rpt file, while my Player ID seems to be correct each login, but there's a chance that I get another Character ID as response. Weird...

More Info (Player ID 24386):

Note there are some bugged starts (not from joining MP), I kept them in the RPT because I didn't feel like removing all invalid lines.

All Numbers below bold lines are line numbers in the RPT file (as shown by Notepad++)

FOR all other characters, my actual player ID never changed, i just seemed to get other character IDs at random times.

See following lines for my original character (ID 607715):

First other character ( character ID 998299 ):

1 Million Bug (ID is sent as 1.0047e+006):

At that point I think I killed my char I (thought I was bugged)

My new char Id 1062734 (after installing hotfix):

Second other Character (ID 1072806):

If I remember right I killed that char by respawn (sorry to whomever char I probably killed)

My New char ID 1281939:

Third other char in (id 1285922, Server hopping to see if it is server related):

Fourth other char (ID 1375769):

That's when I stopped trying.

Hi,

i am having the same problem i think (have not checked rpt and player ID etc.). Every new day i start to play, my character seems to have been played by someone else or i have a wrong character:

- different starting location than from the one i disconnected at

- different weapons+gear

- different character stats (zombie kills, murders, bandit kills, blood, etc.)

- different character state (hunger, thirst, ...)

It would be nice to have a response on this or maybe a way to track our character history?

PS: have hardcopy of armaOA since it is available and have not shared CDkey (not even taken a note of it somewhere else than the CD case)...also have not had any reports of "CD key already in use" when playing.

i have this too

related;

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8526

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11680

from .rpt, i cropped the authentication lines for comparison

http://wanha.com/present/temp/dayzrpt.txt (i prettyfied it to make it easier to read)

am i understanding it correctly that a new 'authenticated with' id is spawned on player respawn?

so there should never be a new id with anything but default gear

but here i have new id with full fancy gear

thanks shole for linking those pages.

I have the same trouble.

ID (currently?): 380866

nick: MoeSez

@BlackShard: What happened since u posted? Still the same issue?

I'm experiencing this bug as well. It happened 3 times that I spawned deep inside the woods with high end gear. But I know that I logged off near the shore with a bunch of crap. (But at least I was adventuring with a friend. When we logged in this evening it was really dissapointing).

Edit: I've bought ArmA: X as well.

Player ID: 384258

I have the same problem. When I logged in the first time today, I was not where I logged out, and I had different gear than before. I respawned. It happened again when I logged off and in again later. It has been happening several times over the last few days.

There is a statement in the official Forums of Bohemia Interactive.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136223-PlayerId-change-for-Reinforcements-ArmA-X-users

In fact the problem is caused by a conflict between the normal Operation Arrowhead and the Arma X content. Because of this Player ID's can be used by others. Since your CD key is still unique BattleEye doesn't ban you even if you have the same player ID.

The problem will be fixed.

Thanks for the heads up, that may explain why the my char is dead sometimes and I'm starting from the shore again.

Hope everything goes well with the ARMA 2 Beta Patches regarding fixing this Bug - doesn't really matter to me if I loose progress as they mentioned as long as my copy (and everyone elses) copy still works.

Looking forward to actually play without sharing characters in this case.