Mykee36

Son and I trying to both play in the same server, get kicked

We both love the Mod but cannot play in the same server, 2 PC's, 2 Steam accounts, both own the game, both share same router/IP. we can play at the same time in different servers, but if try to join the same server

one of us gets the kicked from server message.

I have tried changing things in the router with Nat and UPnP.

Any other ideas? We really would like to team up together.

Thank you

• Like 1

It just says I am "kicked from server", nothing else. it has to be something to do with us sharing same IP and trying to play in the same server, we can play at the same time in different servers with NO problems.

try one joining, then the other goes to their network properties disable then re-anable the adapter and try to join.

I know it's very much a "have you tried turning it off and back on again", but I've had some issues in other games with that kind of thing and sometime doing that lets us play. (also fiddling with Upnp, some games like it off, some like it on)

Sorry can't offer too much more than that. Good luck.

Try using a VPN like overplay.net. I accidentally played it while it was still active, I saw no performance or ping issues. It's 10 bucks a month tho afaik.

There are 3 ports that arma itself does call for to be open when running. it might help. im having the same problem at my friends house where i LAN on the weekends. i opened his ports and it worked for the night but we into the same problems next weekend and the ports were still open.

here is a link to what ports need to be open.

http://support.dayzmod.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=11