JudgeX

Weapon Requests

1) Mosin Nagant

Why?

Durable, regionally accurate, large caliber, bolt action... very cool old gun with plentiful surplus ammo supply... not a superman weapon, but something reliable, sturdy, and solid enough to hit a zombie and put him down at 200 yards.

2) Melee Weapons (been requested like 3000 times).

Why?

Just realistic... before I'd let one zombie chase me 5 km, I'd jam a tire iron in its mouth. However, i'd like to see that using the melee weapons is something you only do as a last resort... like you aren't going to fight off a zombie and have full health, and 2 or 3 zombies and you are done for.

3) Compound Bow

Why?

Quiet, used frequently by hunters, reusable ammo. Maybe more plentiful ammo than the crossbow, but a little harder to hit with.

Also, if the shotgun could be a little more deadly to groups of zombies that would be cool, too.

I'd definitely like to see the Mosin in this game.

I'd also like it to be a rifle that ISN'T very loud. The Lee Enfield is basically useless unless you LIKE having every zombie in a square kilometre after you.

compound bow! screw that i want a re-curve bow ;)

As big as a fan of the bow I am

I think no one would use the bow, since animations are sketchy in this game. might just be a turn off to walk around with a drawn bow 24/7

Think this is why the X bow is in it

Love to see the Mosin

and I don't think Arma game engin can run melee weapons :-/

I want to see the VSS Vintorez since it's already in Arma 2, it should probably be the rarest rifle in the game considering it's damn near silent and has a pretty long effective range.

As for melee weapons, it's been said time and time again, Arma 2 does not support Melee, it's not worth the trouble.

I would love to see Mosin in game also SKS.

And XBOW with some sort of sights.

I suggested that Mosin should replace the Lee-Enfield, CZ 550 should be much rarer and SKS to replace the winchester.

There really are not alot of russian weapons in Chernarus which is allegedly a former soviet state that went through a post-dissolution civilian war.

I suggested that Mosin should replace the Lee-Enfield' date=' CZ 550 should be much rarer and SKS to replace the winchester.

There really are not alot of russian weapons in Chernarus which is allegedly a former soviet state that went through a post-dissolution civilian war.

[/quote']

I agree with this. Should get rid of the American weapons in favour of Russian weapons as it's based in a fictional Russian locale.

Mosin Nagant replaces Winchester 1866 / Lee Enfield

I think the SKS should supplement the CZ 550. The SKS would / should be rarer?

Would like to see more RU weapons:

AK-47 (common) - assault rifle

AN-95 (rare, burst FTW) - assault rifle

Molot Bekas-M (rare) - pump action shotgun

Remington Spartan 310 or Spartan 100 (moderate and common) - double barrel and single barrel break shotguns

OC-14-4A "Groza-4" (very rare)

what if a bloodbag could be thrown as well as used?? - the bag obviously destroyed when thrown but used to draw zombies to it, they smell the blood! (exactly the way zombies are drawn to smoke grenades etc)

I agree with this. Should get rid of the American weapons in favour of Russian weapons as it's based in a fictional Russian locale.

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe, just maybe, when this mod finally gets out of Alpha that there might be a back story involved that explains things like American weapons? Maybe the Russian locale is just a place holder for something *else* down the road?

I don't know any more than the rest of you except that I feel if the devs took the time to include custom models for American weapons there might be a damn good reason for it.

(And yeah, melee weapons are very possible, just not implemented yet.)

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe' date=' just maybe, when this mod finally gets out of Alpha that there might be a back story involved that explains things like American weapons? Maybe the Russian locale is just a place holder for something *else* down the road?

I don't know any more than the rest of you except that I feel if the devs took the time to include custom models for American weapons there might be a damn good reason for it.

(And yeah, melee weapons are very possible, just not implemented yet.)

[/quote']

Agreed, I think if a zombie apocalypse ever happened, the US would be the first country (other then the country of origin) to try to deploy its forces to stop it. Having troops on the ground after a aerial bombardment, then getting over run and having their weapons be found in the area is how I always thought of it. Mosin Nagant to replace the lee enfield I totally agree with, but it could also replace the CZ, just add a version with a scope on it. Its a russian weapon, so it would turn up before a lee enfield in my opinion. SKS is also a really good weapon to add, maybe also remove some of the M4/M16 variants as they would be less common, and add some AK-47 variants on top of the AK-74 variants. Ideally a 7.62 AK or (AKM) in game with a laser dot, and a silencer would be awesome.

I suggested that Mosin should replace the Lee-Enfield' date=' CZ 550 should be much rarer and SKS to replace the winchester.

[/quote']

Mosin Nagant replaces Winchester 1866 / Lee Enfield

I think the SKS should supplement the CZ 550. The SKS would / should be rarer?

Would like to see more RU weapons:

AK-47 (common) - assault rifle

AN-95 (rare, burst FTW) - assault rifle

Molot Bekas-M (rare) - pump action shotgun

Remington Spartan 310 or Spartan 100 (moderate and common) - double barrel and single barrel break shotguns

OC-14-4A "Groza-4" (very rare)

the sks would not be rare its quite common as a hunting rifle despite its origins , in combat it would act as a semi only akm with 10 rounds unless it was modified to take ak mags, would make a good weapon to spawn in deer stands have it take up most of the assault rifles chance to spawn, but not all of it

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

a flamethrower xD

flamethrower_754684_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

COME GET SOME!!

*removes backpack

*ability to carry X amount of jerry cans. (not including acitve inventory slots)

*kills any zombie after X seconds of burning

*kills enimy player after X seconds of burning

*alerts zombies within X distance

*raises temperature of player by X amount per second in use

*if player is shot directly in the back he will explode xD

a flamethrower xD

flamethrower_754684_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

COME GET SOME!!

With rumors of Molotov Cocktails coming, I think a flamethrower is quite possible and quite fucking baller if I do say so myself old chap.

So glad to see some support for the Mosin.

It's just such an awesome surplus military weapon. I have 2 myself. Reliable, runs well... it's a definite zombie-apocalypse handout weapon... second line all the way, but how much I'd love to have one in Day Z on so many occasions.

Should kill a zombie in one hit chest or head, be accurate at medium and long range (but no optic unless we also get a mosin sniper)... The drawback to the weapon is that it's bolt action, so, maybe you have to tap R between shots or there's a time limit, or the gun goes out of iron sight mode while you cycle (since every dude isn't going to be a pro mosin shooter)? I don't know. This would make it great if you only had 1 or 2 zombies after you, but if you mess up and get that 3rd or 4th zed on your trail, the mosin starts to suffer...

Also, bayonet ;).

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

melee is a definite need in this, if the only obstacle is a bugged default implementation, would a custom animation coupled with a short ranged, infinite ammo 'gun' not do the job?

@ _Profile_Shame

yup i agree with this including the theory, definatly worth looking into IMO