Sign in to follow this  
slavegirllucy

Vehicle respawn times, please lower them.

Ok so as some of you may know, vehicles now take about 7 days to respawn on a server after being destroyed. At the time I thought this was strange but acceptable, but now, it seems with the explosion of hackers (at least on my server) people are running scripts to either teleport themselves to vehicles/camps or just nuking the entire server. All vehicles can be destroyed in one fell swoop (which is the case on my server from griefers), so now my server has no more vehicles, everyone (EVERYONE, even those who aren't in my group) has their tents/camps destroyed, basically an entire server demolished by hackers.

What's the point in even continuing to host if there is no incentive for players to play there? Just a big empty map with loot. I'm getting pretty frustrated by this whole experience.

Please review the respawn time for vehicles or have an option for admins to manually trigger a respawn of destroyed vehicles so their servers are playable once more.

Servers USED to respawn vehicles once restarted. This is not the case anymore. Now they take 7 days. It's a pain in the ass. Anyone know if HFBServers will just reinstall the whole server so we can start from scratch?

I never see any vehicles anymore when playing except for choppers that hackers are spawning.

Consider the ratio of guns to vehicles in DayZ. It is very unbalanced. In any nation how many bicycles are you going to find versus how many guns?

The ratio itself perpetuates the PVP in the game. It isn't simulator it's a death match game running under the guise of an apocalypse simulator.

Edited by EBRAddict
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's sad, I'm all for people stealing my vehicles and taking them to their own camps and continuing to play on the server, but instead people are just out there to cause grief to servers by destroying all their server's assets, leaving nothing but a massive crater. The worst part is that the change to the respawn time of vehicles encourages griefers to do this in a server, as once it's done, it can't be undone for 7 days. In minutes, or even seconds, a hacker can send a single keystroke and render your $50 server useless for a whole week. Come on Rocket, give us something to repair our servers from these attacks!

The 7 day thing is a troll I believe.

I happened upon a crashed huey 2 days ago.

I spawned at Krutoy cap yesterday and found the huey on Skalisty.

I figured there was no way the huey would be there but had nothing better to do than swim over there.

If a vehicle is saved 'after' being destroyed then it will indeed take 7 days for it to respawn. No matter how many server restarts.

Edited by Kraegan
  • Like 1

If a vehicle is saved 'after' being destroyed then it will indeed take 7 days for it to respawn. No matter how many server restarts.

I saved the downed huey I found 3 days ago and it still respawned sometime between then and 2 days ago. Unless the downed huey I found was hacked it doesn't take 7 days.

I saved the downed huey I found 3 days ago and it still respawned sometime between then and 2 days ago. Unless the downed huey I found was hacked it doesn't take 7 days.

It could have been there already for 5-6 days if someone saved the wreckage after it was destroyed and before the next server restart.

Edited by Capco

If you save a vehicle then destroy it. Then it will respawn on server restart. If you save it after you destroy it then it will take 7 days.

If you save a vehicle then destroy it. Then it will respawn on server restart. If you save it after you destroy it then it will take 7 days.

Downed as in crashed nose stuck in the ground burnt up wreckage. I saved, server did scheduled restart 2 hours later. 8 hours later I found a freshly spawned huey that was almost completely red.

Edited by Mindless

Well not sure about the 7 days respawn. We crash the heli (well not really we parked it up on a hill and it sled into the sea like 2 miles await) on our server and had to destroy it cause under water (very funny story btw, had to break someone's leg in order to go seat in the heli as pilot and get enough damages from water for the heli to explode), so we blew the damn thing and then managed to save it destroyed. It then disappeared and it's now been two weeks (14 days) and it still hasn't respawned!

so this is going to sound ugly........but...

a) Develop stuff that prevents those hacker scripts from being ran..... Security programs have them all the time, make one.

B ).... "Hacker spawned huey" "Hackers destroy all with a click".... "hacker teleport".....WELL....... Apparently there IS...

for you to do a force respawn "admin"...... Its just a HACKER way.... If they can spawn it, you can spawn it.... you -could- be generous and hack in the vehicles for anyone that was on at the time of the grief, and simply hack the rest in "Requiring repair"

I'm SURE.. if they can hack it in pink polkadotted (I dunno that they actually can) then you can hack them in as they were as well as in waiting.

Edited by Kurziraden

It's a mess, I agree. is there anyway to locate teleported vehicles? How are you guys finding them all the way out in the ocean?

Well not in every cases, on our server they do not respawn even after seven days and being saved destroyed

if its your server restart it?

Most of the Hive Server are not on the admin's location so impossible to really restart, + I heard that some peeps got tents on their brand new rented server because providers did not managed to erase everything properly