Bianca

FR4 - Connection failed

So I have the same BETA version, the same DayZ version and I played the server FR4 this evening, now every time I try to connect it says Connection failed. It's because they have to update the server or what?

Well, if I made thi

Try a different server.

Well, if I posted this thread is because I want to join that server (Obviously)

How do I update to the new version? I have the Arma free and the ex pack using six updater/launcher. I downloaded the new zip file but have no clue where to put it.

How do I update to the new version? I have the Arma free and the ex pack using six updater/launcher. I downloaded the new zip file but have no clue where to put it.

C:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons

Well, if I made thi

Well, if I posted this thread is because I want to join that server (Obviously)

That particular server could be having problems. Maybe it is down, maybe it is bugged, maybe it crashed, or maybe something corrupted. Either way, it sounds like you can't join.

BUT, to make sure it isn't a problem on YOUR end, you still need to try a different server. If you are still having issues, you have now gotten closer to your answer to fixing your problem.

That particular server could be having problems. Maybe it is down, maybe it is bugged, maybe it crashed, or maybe something corrupted. Either way, it sounds like you can't join.

BUT, to make sure it isn't a problem on YOUR end, you still need to try a different server. If you are still having issues, you have now gotten closer to your answer to fixing your problem.

Yes, yes, I tried that... I joined another server without problems... That's why I'm asking (Although I got stuck in the loading screen but that's just a different problem)

Yes, yes, I tried that... I joined another server without problems... That's why I'm asking (Although I got stuck in the loading screen but that's just a different problem)

Well, then the problem is on their end. Either try to contact the server admin for that server, or check to see if they are undergoing some kind of maintaince.

Either way, you'll be waiting a little while as they fix their own server. So really, there is nothing you can do. So either wait, or play on another server until that is up.

(Contacting the admin for that server will only lessen the time you will be waiting, if they don't know about the problem already)

• Like 1

Moving this to server general. Better chance the admin of that server browses there. I will also edit your title to include FR4.

• Like 1

Well, I don't know what happened but since I downloaded and installed de 1.7.2.5 patch the "Connection failed" problem appeared and even when I deleted the patch and let sixlauncher download the 1.7.2.4 patch again I still have that error + every server I try to connect gets stuck in the loading screen, something that never happened to me before.

I guess I'll have to wait to the next patch and see if that was the problem.

The server is up to date. No-one else (that I'm aware of) is having connecting problems.

The "connecting failed" issue is a weird one. Usually, it's either Battleye or the firewall. Perhaps the server's firewall has suddenly taken a dislike to you (PM me your IP and I'll make sure it's not being blocked).

The only other issue that I can think of is that your BattlEye may be out of date. Go to http://www.battleye.com/download.html and download the latest client .dlls.

Hope you can connect soon.

Tav