Coach (DayZ)

Food, water, cola/pepsi. More relism please.

First of all sorry for my bad english :angel:

But I hope you, Rocket, will read this.

Foreword.

As far as I know "Day Z" is a "zombie apocalipse survival horror anti-game" :D And we love Day Z for it.

So. This game has a great feature: the necessity of getting food and water for living, surviving.

But... at the present time this feature doesn't bring fun into the game as it should do.

Food and water are not a problem at all.

Cans of beans, pasta, sardinas (what else) are everywhere. The map looks like an overturned truck with food. That's not apocalipse. That's MacDonalds.

There are also stocks of cola/pepsi at every house. That kills "fill bottle" feature. Who needs bottles of water when there are always cans with soda.

==========================

My suggestion:

- remove coca-cola and pepsi;

- spawn food only at supermarkets.

==========================

Purpose:

- make use of water bottles! This is a great feature. Why can't we use it as efficiently as possible? Without cola/pepsi people will overestimate the importance of water scources. They will plan their travel routes in advance, based on the locations of wells and lakes. Or will be carring more water for future use.

Water is a very important rescource in post apocalipse world.

- make more use of hunting animals;

- make storages (supermarkets) much more important places on the map.

This is really easy to implement, but this will add much much more fun into the game.

Well that is a horrible idea. There is only what, 6-7 supermarkets on the entire map, and an entire 50 person server would be constantly trying to raid these in order to just stay alive. Think Cherno/elektro deathmatching is bad currently? Wait until everyone is trying to loot the exact same building in order to just stay alive. Especially new players, who wouldnt' have access to a hunting knife and only a single water bottle, will just flock to the coastal supermarkets. It would be like a shooting gallery.

First, there are at least 10 supermarkets.

Second, if you are a new player you will die with your first 2 cans of beans in a bagpack anyway, at Cherno, at Electro, at Balota and so on.

Third, if you are half-experienced player, you'll get knife and matches in 40 minutes.

So you'll have a choice, going for food in a store or hunting.

Looks like the game is hard for you. Or shooting zombies is your goal?

Remember, the main threat is not a stupid zombie, it's a human being.

First' date=' there are at least 10 supermarkets.

Second, if you are a new player you will die with your first 2 cans of beans in a bagpack anyway, at Cherno, at Electro, at Balota and so on.

Third, if you are half-experienced player, you'll get knife and matches in 40 minutes.

So you'll have a choice, going for food in a store or hunting.

Looks like the game is hard for you. Or shooting zombies is your goal?

Remember, the main threat is not a stupid zombie, it's a human being.

[/quote']

You should try playing arma with this mod. I think it would suit you better. No zombies at all, and the goal is to shoot other people!

I'm In agreement that food and drink are a little too easy to come by, were rarely forced to hunt or refill at water sources.

The only time I was ever close to starvation or dehydration was when I'd been offline for a couple of weeks, logged in and for some reason was off the side of the map, had to run for at-least half n hour of hunger and thirst from full health till I with ease picked up all I needed from first bunch of houses I came by.

Nothing over the top just maybe reduce spawn chances for these types a little more.

The cans are semi-useless when traveling through the entire map.

Also try to get 2 water bottles at all times just to fill them up when i find water, saves space!

There should be water and food in the houses. Or in military baracks(military rations) or camping sites etc. Not plenty but it should.

I agree about sodas etc. They should be changed to mineral water and be more rare outside the markets. Much miore rare.

I agree that food is at times very easy to find, but as a word of "realism" it would be rather easy to walk into a home and at least be able to find one can of canned food. or some form of soda. These are rather plentiful items for a reason because they are everywhere in real life. it's realistic to assume that even a few weeks, months even, after a zombie outbreak that there would be some supplies still left in houses.

Do that and increase animal spawns significantly while decreasing the effectiveness of cooked meat in half.

Just decrease the spawn of them a little. Nothing else.

Food can be easy or hard to find depending on your luck, I once went an hour without finding any food up north and nearly starved to death.

I kinda agree with this suggestion. Not to make food and soda n' such ONLY spawn in the stores. But perhaps reduce the spawning chance for food and water in apartment buildings. And prevent them from spawning everywhere else, like fire stations and army bases. It would make hunting more populare and perhaps draw people out of the big cities.

I like it.

Don't remove, just reduce spawning chance significantly.

To make it clear.

This mod is awesome, but right now it is PvP-shooting-and-looting-game. If you like it, go and play Battlefield.

We must make people search for food and water. That's how Day Z will become real survival game.

I agree. Right now, I am walking around with 3 water bottles, but I hardly ever need them.

I too would like there to be more hunting. Which requires more animals.

Reduce (don't completely lose them) the food spawns but increase the animal spawns a little, maybe making meat only restore 300-500 blood or so.

However, priority on this is kinda low :)

I agree that sodas are way too common, and water bottles aren't used enough, but having food only in supermarkets is just impractical. Having sodas only spawn in supermarkets sounds good to me, though.

Added my /sign to this. Food and water are WAY too common of drops, making it almost trivial.

I would wholeheartedly encourage making the food/drink cans be a rarer spawn.

if you make it harder people who have no knife will for sure go (p) ©oastal surviver hunting even more, just because of the beans (and their unwillingness to survive in the country side where there are no/few people to kill)

yeah spawn food only at super markets and make it a camp fest.

NO!

Making food and pepsi rarer is fine but to remove it or make only one spawn place is just silly.

If you want realism then food would spawn in houses, deer posts, cafes, restaurants, office buildings(snacks and soda mostly), schools(cafeterias school lunches ect.) hospitals ect. Food would be were ever people drop or use it any place they might store it would be a possibility not just grocery stores.