Sign in to follow this  
Hieronymus Josche

item that creates a "no zombie spawn" zone suggestion

Currently, when a survivor/culo bandito enters a town/area with structures, then clears all the zombies, zombies will respawn at annoyingly quick rate, breaking immersion because you see them teleporting/switching between their spawn locations, and forcing the player to blast off all their presh ammos and bullets. It makes sense to put pressure on the player to not just jam out with their clam out and loot farm all the live long day. but how about this:

When a player enters an area that zombies spawn, they clear the zombies, then they place an item or a "flag" (this could be anything, a campfire, a tent, a vehicle) Zombaloids will now spawn OUTSIDE of that area by 200 meters, and any loot stops spawning, (no cheating or sploiting, K mang?) Now players have a safe zone. Now you may ask, "Well, what's the fuggin point?" To use the structures as shelter, or a base and generally give some life to the world. Give the carebears a nice place to play nice tower defense, give the culo banditos something to raid. Also, say some noodle head sets up camp at a location with some high quality loot meats; barakas/horsepittle/derpstand (OH yeah! thats right! they think's their is SOOOO funny) Other players would have good reason to take them the fug out.

TL;DR, Make a item that creates 200 meter "no zombie/loot spawn" zone, enabling base building in existing structures

First, No.

Second, Don't type anything out like this again. Ever.

Seriously.. I couldn't tell if you are trying to sound like a valley girl, or a burnt out surfer.

I will say this though. The zombie respawning could use a hell of a tweaking. Other than that.. just no.

• Like 3

Problem is that eventually the entire map would be cleared of zombies, making the game ridiculously boring.

• Like 1

First, No.

Seriously.. I couldn't tell if you are trying to sound like a valley girl, or a burnt out surfer.

I will say this though. The zombie respawning could use a hell of a tweaking. Other than that.. just no.

How to spot someone who's not American:

Hears heavy use of "culo" and "mayng." Must be a valley girl or surfer!

Unfortunately, the game only spawns about 12 zombies per person, which is weak. And zombies don't even spawn inside of buildings. That said, you can establish the same results just by setting up barbed wire in the doors.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the game only spawns about 12 zombies per person, which is weak. And zombies don't even spawn inside of buildings. That said, you can establish the same results just by setting up barbed wire in the doors.

Zombies walk through barbed wire, dont think they can go through sandbags though.

• Like 1

Lol, was thinking about the things in half life 2 this morning. They are these huge tower things that every few seconds lift up, then pound the ground, making a funny noise. This keeps the Antiolions away from certain places. I think this could work in day Z. Example. Huge truck with large speakers on it that every few seconds blasts a certain noise. Idk, just my thoughts :D

• Like 1

Problem is that eventually the entire map would be cleared of zombies, making the game ridiculously boring.

I see your point, but it wouldn't stop the zombies from spawning, just move them "out" by 200m, so they aren't spawning right on top of the place that you are having a real nice base for stuff.

Lol, was thinking about the things in half life 2 this morning. They are these huge tower things that every few seconds lift up, then pound the ground, making a funny noise. This keeps the Antiolions away from certain places. I think this could work in day Z. Example. Huge truck with large speakers on it that every few seconds blasts a certain noise. Idk, just my thoughts :D

yeah, its not really about 'repelling" zombies, but just having them not appear in front of you when they've been cleared, but still you have an interesting idea.

• Like 1

First, No.

First, if your only input is going to be a flat "no," don't bother. It's not a discussion at that point, it's just you being a tool.

Second, this is not Reddit. Go be pedantic and humorless there.

Third, I couldn't give a microwaved turd what your loadout is. It's like signing all your posts with your (claimed) penis measurement.

As for the suggestion, I think there are going to have to eventually be some sort of "safe zones," or means of fortification (that actually work), because just running around all the time is going to eventually get boring for everyone. If fortification were possible, bandits would have something more to do than sit on top of the firehouse in Cherno and snipe new spawns. It would encourage more cooperative play, both among "carebears" and bandits.

So, whether you, ODoyleRulez, think it's a good idea or not, it's probably going to happen in one form or another.

Also -- it's spelled "rules."

12 zombies per person, maybe, but that doesn't mean each person has 12 zombies assigned to them. In other words, if there are 20 people on the server but 15 of them are in the wilderness, the 5 people in populated areas get ALL the zombies on that server. I've been mobbed by way more than 12 zombies many times.

Currently, when a survivor/culo bandito enters a town/area with structures, then clears all the zombies, zombies will respawn at annoyingly quick rate, breaking immersion because you see them teleporting/switching between their spawn locations, and forcing the player to blast off all their presh ammos and bullets. It makes sense to put pressure on the player to not just jam out with their clam out and loot farm all the live long day. but how about this:

When a player enters an area that zombies spawn, they clear the zombies, then they place an item or a "flag" (this could be anything, a campfire, a tent, a vehicle) Zombaloids will now spawn OUTSIDE of that area by 200 meters, and any loot stops spawning, (no cheating or sploiting, K mang?) Now players have a safe zone. Now you may ask, "Well, what's the fuggin point?" To use the structures as shelter, or a base and generally give some life to the world. Give the carebears a nice place to play nice tower defense, give the culo banditos something to raid. Also, say some noodle head sets up camp at a location with some high quality loot meats; barakas/horsepittle/derpstand (OH yeah! thats right! they think's their is SOOOO funny) Other players would have good reason to take them the fug out.

TL;DR, Make a item that creates 200 meter "no zombie/loot spawn" zone, enabling base building in existing structures

200 meters are you serious man? no.

Though the respawn time is way too fast, should atleast be a couple of minutes....

200 meters are you serious man? no.

Though the respawn time is way too fast, should atleast be a couple of minutes....

ok, but why? you think it makes the game too easy? you don't like the idea of someone blocking spawn from looting? you think that 200 meters is too far away or too close?

200 meters is pretty far. Far enough that even if you fired off an Enfield it might not attract zombies outside the radius. Maybe more like 50m.

200 meters is pretty far. Far enough that even if you fired off an Enfield it might not attract zombies outside the radius. Maybe more like 50m.

I don't think it is very authentic to see a zombie appearing out of thin air in front of you.

I don't think it is very authentic to see a zombie appearing out of thin air in front of you.

Neither do I, but it happens in the game right now. Have you not seen this?

Maybe 100meters. And have that ITEM be destructible/removable by anyone. I don't like the idea of a permanent safe zone. You make it safe, you got to keep it safe by protecting that item.

Good idea imo.

Maybe 100meters. And have that ITEM be destructible/removable by anyone. I don't like the idea of a permanent safe zone. You make it safe, you got to keep it safe by protecting that item.

Good idea imo.

Yeah, the object would have to be destructable

If the object was destructable and couldn't be placed in major cities or military bases plus it was a shorter range like 100m. I'd say it's a pretty solid idea.

Edited by Brizen

SHIT! I just realized, I think Vipeax or someone else on the mod team, started a thread about an idea like this a month ago or so, I can't find it now, but sorry for duping :(