Mykee36

Two PCS on same IP, son and I trying to play in same server

My son and I both have gaming PC's at our house., if we play in different servers we have no problems getting into servers. If we try and play in the same server I get the " Kicked from server" error . Can we not play in the same server? Is there a IP conflict?

You have to have 2 separate CD keys 1 per computer. Otherwise, the server will kick you as it sees this as a duplicate client, I have had up to 3 players with the same ip on my server with no conflicts.

We play on 2 different computers, on 2 different Steam accounts, we can play at the same time in dfferent servers no problems no kick, I get the kick message if we are in the same server.

I have played with more then one more on the same IP, it works fine. The only thing that cannot be the same is the CD key

It has to do with packet handling by windows or the router.

I think you need to change the port one of the PCs uses for ARMA2

My sons Steam account Is Arma 2 Combined operations, Mine is just Operation Arrowhead only , Forum threads said you do not need both. Again i have NO problems if we play Dayz at the same time but in different servers. If we try and join the same server there is the kick message and I cannot get in.

My sons Steam account Is Arma 2 Combined operations, Mine is just Operation Arrowhead only , Forum threads said you do not need both. Again i have NO problems if we play Dayz at the same time but in different servers. If we try and join the same server there is the kick message and I cannot get in.

So are you running Arma2 free?

lol edit.

You need Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead to play DayZ

Edited by Spinager

if one Steam account installs Arma 2 CO on 2 PCs, then you buy just Operation arrowhead for a second Steam acoount, that account only needs Operation Arrowhead to play Dayz.

I guess theres no fix for this issue. No settings on my router fixed this issue. :(

if one Steam account installs Arma 2 CO on 2 PCs, then you buy just Operation arrowhead for a second Steam acoount, that account only needs Operation Arrowhead to play Dayz.

My best guess is due to what your doing here^

I mean supposively they need both games on the same account to play, so might be due to you using this "loop'round"