Shiro-Austin

DayZ Commander Update Problem

same issue as above posts. "Error Getting Files" for both Arma2 update and Dayz 1.7.2.5. Downloaded latest DayZCommander patch and that's fine. Also, tried Sixlauncher and it updates, but still shows 1.7.2.4.

Arma 2 95883 successfull thanks

Edited by timmyboy04

I just helped my friend install DAYZ Commander, and he said he was getting the "file error" for DAYZ like a bunch of you. He said after he clicked Check Now that it sorted itself out. Everything is working fine for me, but I had manually updated to 1.7.2.5 yesterday for testing. I have yet to see the error on my side...

Yup. Looks like the other mirror is up. Update through the 'versions' tab and it will work... for now. :P

Ok now its being weird..... Finally got Commander updated and....

ARMA 2 up to date

Your Revision: 95248

Latest Revision: 95883

Install latest revision

Why would it say that it is up to date, yet clearly show different revisions with the option to install it? Still getting stuck at 99% too...

now it says restart to update commander, but when i do nothing upgrades on commander.

as u can see on the picture

post-89407-0-93534000-1344719771_thumb.j

Edited by Zpark

now it says restart to update commander, but when i do nothing upgrades on commander.

as u can see on the picture

I had the same problem, I just reinstalled it manually. Still getting stuck at 99% for the Arma version though.

Well, im guessing dotjosh is going to update it with a new mirror for the new patch, how ever that update aint really live i suppose or is not working. anyway so im still stuck on the need to download the latest dayz version. its a huge fuzz, and i just wanna play dayz.

Dotjosh: it din't work to reinstall the commander, i have also the 64 verison..i get this problem when i shall install the day z lastest version:

"error downloading file system.net.web

at system net sockests. network.steam - end if inner exception stack trace..over and over agian..

can you pleace help me and my friends?

best regards..

calmeyer

I just had errors trying to update dayz.

So I used commander to install the latest arma 2 beta and the latest commander version, after the program restarted it downloads dayz fine.

TL;DR

Update dayz commander, should fix issue.

I *just* pushed a new version of commander out too, that allows you to roll-back and forward your arma2 versions at will (like I added with DayZ).. hope this helps someone here.

• Like 1

My dayz commander crashes instantly and cant update or sync :( Did everything everyone suggested and still crashes instantly on start up. Dotjosh, can you help me? I appreciate you making this free, love the game and want to play updated version.

My dayz commander crashes instantly and cant update or sync :( Did everything everyone suggested and still crashes instantly on start up. Dotjosh, can you help me? I appreciate you making this free, love the game and want to play updated version.

DayZCommander crashes when I try to run it, what should I do?

• Reinstall .NET Framework 4.0 link
  • Delete the settings.xml file in c:\users\YOURUSER\appdata\local\DayZCommander

http://www.dayzcommander.com/faq

I have the same problem, DayZ commander still crashes.

I have reinstalled .NET 4.0 and deleted the file, still crashes.

tried reinstalling DayZ commander, same thing. uninstalled .NET 4.0 and did a fresh install, fresh update and Commander still crashes.

Not sure what to do anymore.

Thanks,

Dan.

Are you seeing any errors in your windows event viewer, "application" section that could help me?

This is what it says:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: dayzcommander.exe

Problem Signature 02: 0.9.0.68

Problem Signature 03: 502b2cf8

Problem Signature 04: WindowsBase

Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4f17f5a6

Problem Signature 07: 11b3

Problem Signature 08: 27

Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 4105

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

and this is from my event viewer:

DayZCommander.exe 0.9.0.68 502b2cf8 KERNELBASE.dll 6.1.7601.17651 4e211319 e0434352 0000b9bc 200 01cd7c2388d1a04b C:\Program Files (x86)\Dotjosh Studios\DayZ Commander\Current\DayZCommander.exe C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll c7101cb7-e816-11e1-a152-0025648c1402

also this from the .NET runtime:

Application: DayZCommander.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.ArgumentException Stack: at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl() at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(System.Object) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode, CleanupCode, System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object) at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window) at Dotjosh.DayZCommander.App.App.Main()

Right-Click your DayZ Commander shortcut, go to properties, try with compatibility mode set to "Windows 7" (or disable it if it's already enabled) and disable visual themes (or enable it if it's already disabled).

Thanks Josh that worked.

I disabled the visual theme and set it to run on win 7, but why did I have to do that ?

Dan.

Thanks Josh that worked.

I disabled the visual theme and set it to run on win 7, but why did I have to do that ?

Dan.

Not sure yet.... someone else had this problem a couple of weeks ago and that's what they did to fix it. Adding it to the FAQ for now.