Sign in to follow this  
Alfa124

ACE inventory and Ruck sack system in DAYZ

Ive been using the ACE mod for a while and have found that an inventory system much like in ACE would be cool to have. For example, the ACE backpack system does not utlize slots but rather a total volume in cubic centimeters. for example, a coyote pack might have say 45,000 cc capacity. each item in DayZ would also have a volume to it, example, a 30rd STANAG mag would be 450 cc. so you could carry 100 stanage mags. a can of beans my me 800 cc or a soda can 600 cc. it would make packs larger but also make it much more realistic.

Edited by Alfa124

What would happen if you had a M107/AS50 (Which are like flagposts) and you tryed sticking that in a backpack?

Hey Rocket,

I know you've got gamebreaking graphical glitches, tents and vehicles are currently buggy and not working well, zombies that run through walls and hackers running rampant everywhere.

But can you put fixing all of those aside to completely rewrite the inventory system in ARMA 2 to one that I like better?

Hey Rocket,

I know you've got gamebreaking graphical glitches, tents and vehicles are currently buggy and not working well, zombies that run through walls and hackers running rampant everywhere.

But can you put fixing all of those aside to completely rewrite the inventory system in ARMA 2 to one that I like better?

Yeah! Rocket will just rewrite the inventory system of a mod with 1 million players how YOU would like it to be, lol

Hey Rocket,

Not realy a need to say that because its an ok idea and oviously it would not be the first thing on Rockets mind but it also would need alot of work put into it doing the cc thing right and displaying the cc and also it would take alot of work from the player getting used to it because I think everyone is use to the ARMA 2 inventory system.

Edited by Cheese_omg

rephrased inital post, Im not suggesting copy paste and bam new inveotry system. im simply suggesting an idea. as for the how do you stick an AS50 in a the ruck sack? same as you do in the current game except it would have a weight requiremnt instead of taking up ten slots. Its just an idea. no need to be trollin.

Theres no real need to change the old system atm and hows saying how does an AS50 fit in it make me trolling?

Its not needed at the moment as there is more important problems with the game like getting gone with the modders and other issues like graphics glitching and also getting the game out of Beta and into a standalone game compared to updateing an already decent Backpack system that works and everyone is also used to.

So I won't be able to fit 4 main rotor assemblies in my pack anymore?

That would depend on the pack. it of course would still be reasonable.

So I won't be able to fit 4 main rotor assemblies in my pack anymore?

Why would you even need 4 main rotor assemblies anyway I'm sure 1 is plenty is it not?