Sign in to follow this  
Miami_bat

Zombie Spawning idea to think of, might be better

Idea for Zombie spawning:

Have stactic dead zombie corpses on the floor all around the area in couples, triples, whatever way weather being in around farms, villages, or airports, barns, anywhere they are roaming radius would be, from these static corpses you can next set the AI zombies so when they spawn they will be laying on the floors and then get up slowly instead of having them pop in thin air spawn..

The dead static Zombie corpes will act as a start spawn point for them, seems more realistic to me and maybe to others.

but them just spawning up already coming out of thin air really doesn't cut it.

Just an idea that might make it a bit more immersive, and it would make sense to put half eaten dead bodies all around town of people that didn't get turned or infected but killed when the zombies apocalypse started, its pretty to empty out there.

Thoughts?

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

Pile of bodies, and the static corpses are already done with the dead soldiers you see over at the military bases, and does not play a factor on lag.

it can be done with the zombies also.

Doktor was saying that if the server had to remove the bodies every time a zombie spawned it would increase lag not just the bodies being there.

i have to agree with Doktor on this one, never seen a zombie spawn myself and the empty city definitely adds something to the atmosphere i never quite noticed until he pointed it out lol...creepy

The only thing I'm ever bothered by about zombie spawns is that once I clear an area out a few minutes later they are there again. Maybe make zombies spawn outside of towns and make them head toward a town or something in that sense.

Ok them just have them spawning on the floor laying down, then have them standing up, more better then having them spawn like magic standing ready to chomp at you. :)

Yea I've had zombies spawn in front of me before a few times, i'm sure there are others that had that happen to them.

Protip: Don't go into obvious zombie patrol grounds if there are none as they should spawn when you are several hundred meters away. It is either server lag or someone shot them and cleared the bodies.

There is no gameplay impact so i don't think it's something to be looked at in alpha.

Zombie spawns are buggy at the moment and they do appear in front of you. Wait for it to be fixed.the static dead soldiers are models placed into the map, and yes it would increase server load because it would require all these bodies to be dynamically referenced as well as it being annoying.

lol Right, ok so my idea sucks, close the thread.

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

From observations I've noticed that zombies only spawn when players are within a certain distance from a spawning site. I'd like a no-spawn zone to be introduced into the game as well, an area around players (smaller than the spawn radius) where zombies can't spawn, so that zombies will stop spawning right in front of you.

From observations I've noticed that zombies only spawn when players are within a certain distance from a spawning site. I'd like a no-spawn zone to be introduced into the game as well' date=' an area around players (smaller than the spawn radius) where zombies can't spawn, so that zombies will stop spawning right in front of you.[/quote']That zone would be dynamic.

But yeah, zombies should not appear out of thin air in the bush 3 meters from you.

sweet, the ideas from you guys are better really, I just would like to stop the "appear out of nowhere" instance. :)