Sign in to follow this  
Galen Cox

Light Show... Give some Zeds flashlights in their hands.

Heya,

why not give some (not all) Zeds something in their hand. A Crowbar, a Hatchet - whatever that Zed maybe used in their previous lives. Especially here and there a flashlight would be fun.

The lightshow at night, in citys or the countryside from roaming Zed's would be very freaky. Making the life of a new survivor in chernarus a bit easier, because not every light, that is shown, is a player at all. Maybe more players would play at night, not only the ones who know everything or got NVGs on.

Any1 else with me on this one?

/salute

I like the idea, but it doesn't play to realism.

Zombies would mostly scratch you then smack your head with a blunt weapon.

They wouldn't even know how to operate a flashlight. In their mind, "How does it benefit me?" If it doesn't then they won't even use a flashlight.

Not the greatest idea because if they can hold a flashlight, why not a pistol. If they can hold a pistol, why not a rifle? Whats next? Zombies flying Hueys around?

I'm only kidding - it's not a terrible idea but i don't see it happening.

I like the idea, but it doesn't play to realism.

Hm okay - but Zombies are real? :) I think in all Romero Movies, where our beloved friends, the Zeds, truly are at home - there are some Zed individuals who carry on somehow in their past lives, even without knowing, that they do. They carry axes, holding guns - only because of a feeling, that this is right. So maybe a Zed roams thru the Street and see's something shiny - didn't know what todo with it, picks it up not realy knowing why or for what. Lost memories, muscle memories. Maybe the Zed drops the flashlight, when he goes at fullspeed ambushing you. "Lights go out, Zombie incoming" ... Would be some nice suprise. Don't ya think?

Not really realism but i love the idea just imaging you're alone or with a group and you see a flash light in the distance you're going to think its someone right? Start freaking out and hunt this flash light holder down.

What would the game gain by having Zombies with flashlights?

Ever played on a night server? To see a light, miles away, not to know... I think that would benefit the atmosphere at night. And as i said, not all Zeds. If there are 25 Zeds in a village, let it be 1 or 3 guys, maybe sometimes not a single one. Maybe they drop their stuff ( so no extra loot) when they chase you, maybe they didn't. Getting hunted at night, with a bunch of Zed's and one of them lightning the area up, i can imagine that is a hell of a ride.

Maybe someone wants to approach the zed with te light "Hey, you, i'm friendly!" only to see that it was the wrong decision to walk up on him.