Sign in to follow this  
kebman

Yay, I found a car! :D

So I found a car. Yay! :wub: It was just sitting there next to a gas station. One of those perverted blue Samba Buses, you know, the S1203. Doesn't need much work either; just an engine, some fuel and four wheels. :D OK, I guess that's kind of a lot, actually...

Anyway, so I head to the nearest factory and loot it. It doesn't take long until I've found my first item. At the same moment I notice someone driving outside, so I take a peek out a window, and wouldn't you know... It's that very same blue car zooming past the factory.

D'oh...

Edited by kebman
  • Like 1

bad luck mate .....keep hunting and you will find more ,that is why making friends in this game is awsome as you can cover ground faster looking for parts and securing vehicles when you need to find spares

usually we have at least one person secure the area while we are off hunting for parts ,and ofc its not impossible to do it solo just makes it that much harder

my advice would be to go hunting for a fully repaired vehicle if you are solo as they are not that hard to find and usually you will find a nice stash of weapons nearby also :)

I found both a bus and a Ural while playing as well. But since I always play solo, cars are usually more dangerous than anything else. Lots of noise, lots of attention, and I really can't watch them when I park.

I prefer to just walk and use tents.

Good luck with finding and actually repairing your first one though!

Edited by Professional N00b

So this doode comes riding this motorbike right down the field I was crossing. It was night time, so I guess he didn't see me, but I sure saw him. He was making a ruckus, looking like one of those rednecks do when they joy-ride their ... Hey, I've done that! Anyway, so he's messing up my field and making all the Zedz go crazy, so I open up with my Dinner Bell. Not only is it loud, but it lights up the whole field. Such an awesome weapon! Next thing I see is the bike tipping over in the field, with lights on and motor still running. All I'm thinking is "I want that bike!" but a second later I'm dead because a Zed managed to sneak up behind me.

Got hit by the respawn bug where you 'die' then it respawns you at the beach. Wasn't looking forward to an hour march back north. Within 5 minutes I found a GAZ sitting (badly) hidden in a tree line north of Cherno. No shots rang out as I drove 15kph through the field to a road. Made it to camp in half the time (ran out of fuel too far from a gas station and had to run there with an empty Jerry)

I have to agree for the most part that vehicles are only worth it in a large group that can defend it. Otherwise the noise and banditry makes them not worth it. I learned quickly never to park near my tents as choppers or hackers can find your vehicles practically instantly.

Bicycle is the way to go. Silent, fast, easy to repair, no fuel. I love the Ural though. That has Boss written all over it. I love the chopper too but never kept one for more than a couple hours.

Edited by Ampoliros
  • Like 2

Kewl story, Ampoliros! :beans: