Sign in to follow this  
hashyakadave

I have started to like playing while it is night time

What should I look for in a server title if I want to play at night on day Z, If it's daytime for me? I'm in mountain time, which is an hour ahead of PST and 2 hours behind EST.

I enjoy playing the game at night too. Much more peaceful when you are alone and much more intense when you aren't! As someone said before, DayZ Commander is the way to go.

Here is the link: http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Edited by Martin David
  • Like 1

Yup, I've always preferred to play nighttime since I started months ago.

With the daytime vision of zeds in the recent patch, it makes it extremely difficult to survive. Unfortunately, for myself in the oceanic region there are very few nightime servers running when I'm able to play. I used to be able to put up with high ping on US servers, but lately BE is kicking me for too high of a ping, greatly reducing the success of playing at night.

I expect to see alot of servers running a nighttime peak cycle though if these daytime zed behaviours continue.

Would you recommend this over six updater?

Absolutely. I used both of them and DayZ Commander is generally more user friendly and updates less. It is made specifically for Dayz whereas Six updater is for a multitude of games. I recommend it!

Edited by Martin David

I dislike night servers because of wonky lighting and awkward flashlight controls.

If those weren't an issue I'd love to play at night!

I dislike night servers because of wonky lighting and awkward flashlight controls.

If those weren't an issue I'd love to play at night!

Playing at dusk and dawn is great if you don't like the wonky lighting!

I prefer different times based on what I'm doing. If I'm traveling or looting places then I prefer night time servers due to the general low population and the fact that zombies can't see you as well.

But when I look for someone to shoot, like at NW or Stary, I usually like daytime simply because they have more people online and thus I'm not sitting on my ass for two hours waiting for someone to wander into the area.

Though I did happen to find a server with 25+ players on it that was at night time, last night. DMR + NVG + High pop. night time server = Awesomeness

Mountain time is UTC(GMT) -7, so if it is noon where you are you would search for say +6 or so and forward.

Would you recommend this over six updater?

way better, i still keep six updater as im not sure if commander updates the game, while six updater does (so i basically turn on six updater ever couple of days then use commander