TrainwreckUS2114

New Server No Cars 4 Dayz without Car/Vehicle Spawns

Hello,

I just bought a new managed server through Defcon servers. So far everything has been okay except for the fact that No vehicle spawns have occured after 4 days of having my whitlisted member id.

I have rebooted several times. I asked Defcon servers if they new what the issue could be. I was told to take it up with Dayz staff.

I am on update 1.7.2.4 / 95417

Does anyone have any insight on this issue?

P.S yes I have looked at most spawn spots over the last 4 days.

The only thing encouraging that I found was a downed heli.

Same issue here.

The only vehicles i have seen are the one the damn hacker spawned last night before i broke my foot of in his ass.

People seem to want to believe that cars and such spawn in static-locations. Well mostly this is wrong, cars and such randomly spawn in locations. Areas like towns, cities, villages and such are best places to look.

Marked gun-

There are spawn spots.. Nothing is random.. There are 67 confirmed vehicle spawns spots. Also there are 2 or 3 fishing boats and a faster small boat. None of those are there also. Also no bikes. Trust me there is not one car on the server.

NomadGameCenter-

I read something about that but it was dated back in July.

I have read many posts on this topic before posting myself.

I have read that cars spawn 10 at a time in random locations.

I have read some with this issue say they had cars on the server after 3 hours

some say it took weeks.

Thank you for the responses so far. As much info as possible would be greatly appreciated.

Dayz Team,

If you would like to Chime in that would be very helpful.

Edited by TrainwreckUS2114

It's all controlled by the hive. When they spawn, where they spawn, and how many spawn. That information can and does change at any time they decide to tweak the numbers and locations.

There used to be serious problems with vehicle spawning. On some servers, vehicles wouldn't spawn at all. On other servers, vehicles would spawn, but their database entries would become corrupted within days and they would despawn but not delete. When enough vehicles become corrupt, it breaks the respawn system so no more vehicles spawn (I think the server still sees the corrupted vehicles as existing even though they can't spawn). I'm not sure if that was ever fixed.

Edited by SPESSMEHREN

Update---

7th Day and still no cars on my server.

Let me tell you a story about a 30 year old kid that wanted to host a dayz server-

I was playing dayz and thought to myself what a cool idea. This game is awesome. I would like my own server.

After researching for DAYZ :) I found that the servers in my home would not have enough bandwidth so I would have to purchased a managed server.

So off I went, I went to a site called VIlayer, They were nothing but rude and could not get my server up after 3 days so I got a full refund.

I then went to a site called Defcon servers. They have been okay for now. They seem to respond to tickets rather quickly. Only issue is keeping the server up.

Now it was time to have some fun. I had a new server and friends to play on it with me.

We started off getting all our supplies and trying to find a vehicle. Never found one.

After a couple days we started to get worried and I put a ticket in with Defcon. They explained that there was nothing they could do. Only Dayz staff could help.

So I did a little research and found that if I had an ID above 6000 it could take up to 7 days to get vehicles. Man that sucks I thought to myself.

So to confirm I put a ticket in with Dayz Staff.

Department:

Troubleshooting

Date:

11/08/2012 18:05

Subject:

No Vehicles after 7 Dayz on new server

Closed

Urgency:

High

Dustin ||

11/08/2012 18:05

I bought a new server and it has been 7 days without any vehicles.

We have looked everywhere. I have read that many people are having this issue.

I have been whitelisted since day one. I have the server with DefconServers.

My member id is US 2114 and my mission id is 8238.

IP is 207.210.254.162.3402

I read that if it is above 6000 it could take up to 7 days.

I have posted in the forums many times before contacting you.

Please help. I really want to be able to get a car like on other servers.

Thank you

Jonathan Dalton || Staff

11/08/2012 18:09

Hi Dustin,

Your instance ID was submitted on 08.07.12. It was probably approved that day or shortly after. It has not been 7 days.

- Jonathan

DayZ Community Support Staff

==========================================================

Dustin ||

11/08/2012 18:23

Thank you for the info Jonathan.

I must have been confused cause they had to give me a second ID cause the first one glitched out to say US 405 I think.

So you are saying the cars should be on the server on Day 7?

Is there anything that can be done to expedite this?

Reboot more, Pray to the Dayz gods, Donate?

Thank you for any information you have that can help me get the server going.

Jonathan Dalton || Staff

11/08/2012 18:23

Hi Dustin,

Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to expedite the service. Vehicles SHOULD be on your server by day 7.

- Jonathan

Dustin ||

11/08/2012 18:31

How will I know when to start looking vs when to give up?

Does a reboot need to be done once the cars do show up? Or will they just appear in front of me at some point?

Is it possible that they could show up today? Or is it 7 days no matter what?

Thank you

Jonathan Dalton || Staff

11/08/2012 18:33

Hi Dustin,

A reboot will be required. As for when/if/etc., I can't comment on that, only that vehicles should be on your server by day 7.

- Jonathan

Dustin ||

11/08/2012 18:39

Thank you for your support:)

After this ticket I was hopeful. So I got all my stuff together. DMR, Silenced bison, GPS, night vision , etc.

Then I saw a helicopter on my server. I though to myself WOO HOO vehicles! Then we all died and lost all our stuff.. Everyone on the server died all at once because of a hacker.. AWESOME!! (Sarcasm)

So now I'm back to square one.. No items, no vehicles, No money cause I bought this stupid server.

So I awaited day 7 for vehicles and some small amount of hope that I could have fun on this server.

STILL NO VEHICLES. So I decided to put a support ticket in with Dayz again and see what was going on.

Department:

Troubleshooting

Date:

13/08/2012 21:50

Subject:

No vehicles on server after 7 days

Answered

Urgency:

High

Dustin cody ||

13/08/2012 21:50

Hello,

I bought a new server and it has been 7 days without any vehicles.

We have looked everywhere. I have read that many people are having this issue.

I have been whitelisted since day one. I have the server with DefconServers.

My member id is US 2114 and my mission id is ****.

IP is 207.210.254.162.3402

I read that if it is above 6000 it could take up to 7 days.

I have posted in the forums many times before contacting you.

Please help. I really want to be able to get a car like on other servers.

There has been no vehicle spawns on my server since I ordered it. (aside from hackers spawning heli's and jets)

I was wondering why there are no vehicles for the poor guys that want to play fair?

What needs to be done to get the game working correctly?

Thank you

Mason Henrickson || Staff

14/08/2012 00:25

As was told to you in your other ticket "Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to expedite the service. Vehicles SHOULD be on your server by day 7."

You will get your vehicles as soon as possible, more tickets will not help.

~Mason Henrickson

DayZ Staff

Dustin cody ||

14/08/2012 01:06

Let me start by saying I have been nothing but nice to you guys.

This is the second ticket I have put in on an issue that has lasted 7 days.

I was not trying to annoy you but just solve a problem.

You say I will get my vehicles as soon as possible. I am curious why a hacker can put cars and heli's on my server but you are unable to?

Can you expand on SHOULD? Are you saying cars may never show up? If that is the case what is the point?

can you at least act like you care even a little bit?

I find your customer service skills to be upsetting.

Again my only goal is to be able to play Dayz on my server with cars included.

I am not asking for anything out of the ordinary.

Jonathan Dalton || Staff

14/08/2012 01:20

Hi Dustin,

At this time we are encountering some problems with vehicles spawning on new servers. We are working diligently to correct this problem and your patience is appreciated. I understand not having vehicles on your server is extremely frustrating but please know we are aware of this issue and are working on a solution.

- Jonathan

After this I was a little upset. I could not believe after all this that the Dayz staff I was bending over backward to be nice to was going to be rude to me because they have an issue with the game.

So now here I am, Sitting waiting for Defcon server to get my server back up so I can go to the quarry and be sad cause there are no vehicles on the server.

That is the sad story of a 30 year old kid and his very own Dayz server.

Edited by TrainwreckUS2114
  • Like 1

I feel sry for you , but thanks to share your expirience. Our server Admin switched from Villayer (since they suck) to another hoster and we are awaiting vehicles too we are now on Day 6. Hope we wont be unlucky as you are/was. Pls update this when your cars have spawned.

Which day are you actually at?

Greets Paddy

The vehicles have not yet spawned. I am on Day 8.

I have decided if the cars don't come by the end of the month I will have to cancle my server and play on other servers that do have vehicles.

I am trying to keep in mind that it is a free mod that is in alpha stage.

Thank you! I am hoping that with soo many people having this issue they will address it.

Go Dayz Dev Team. You can do it. We love you and just want some vehicles from your awesome Dayz HIve!! :):)

• Like 1