Tyler_Sharp

Change what items you spawn with?

So far in Day z when you spawn you get:

1 x Painkiller

1 x Flashlight

1 x Coyote backpack (8 slots)

1 x Bandage

Fisrt off i think when you spawn you should get:

1 x BEANS!!! = Day Z dose not give a back story to any players meaning i can only guess you are a person who lived near the sea and has run away from your village or town. I pick beans because if you are getting stuff as you are running out your home i think food would be a high priority.

1 x Bottled water or can of drink = (same reason as beans)

1 x Flashlight = Most servers have night so flashlight should be with you when you spawn

1 x Czech Vest Pouch (6 slots) = The Coyote backpack (8 slots) is better then the Czech Vest Pouch (6 slots) which it stupid because no one is going to take the Czech Vest Pouch (6 slots) if you start with a better backpack?

1 x Bandage = If you get hit by one zombie then you could start bleeding so it a good way to help new players

1 x Painkillers = I dont know why there is painkillers as a default item but it makes people happy so why not?

Please put you view and add to my idea.

I like the idea of the Czech Vest Pouch although I know some clan members use it for combat situations where they don't want to loose a good backpack, the canteen and beans thingie is non-sense, that's the first challenge you have and you want to remove it?

the canteen and beans thingie is non-sense, that's the first challenge you have and you want to remove it?

Not remove it. more like delay it :D

I hope in the standalone they come out with a system like this:

You can create sort of a backstory for your character, and you can select what you spawn with. Now you can't just spawn with everything.. Certain items cost points, like lets say you start with 100 points.

A can of beans costs 20, a Pistol without ammo is 100. A flashlight is 50. Painkillers is 15. Etc. Kind of like that. So everytime you spawn, you spawn with the items you selected in the 'Spawn Selection Screen' or something like that. I know people at first wont probably like it. Just an idea, I guess.

Edited by prominentalex

I think that you should start with nothing. No pack, no supplies. Nothing.

yeah think so too... it´s easy to get gear

yeah think so too... it´s easy to get gear

Just doesn't really make any sense that you have woken up on a beach and you happen to have a backpack and some painkillers, and a torch in your pocket :P