david.mcentee@live.co.uk

The hackers own the game now.

this isnt battleeyes game now nor is it rokets its the hackers. they can do what ever they want and they dont car about the consquences.

i wannt the stand alone.

its not rokets game the hackers own this now. and they will keep it...

untill it suits them.

Have you tried playing on a server running version 95777 or higher? BattleEye has actually been stepping up their A game lately.

Have you tried playing on a server running version 95777 or higher? BattleEye has actually been stepping up their A game lately.

Yeh I know, instead of five script kiddies in every server there's only four.

• Like 1

I only found a hacker in more than a month, and it wasn't a hacker, just destroyed buildings.

So, it's kind of a technology race.

But battleye has to work for everyone, and the script builders can fail repeatedly and their "userbase" can just shrug until it works.

If script users get banned, they have little recourse. I'm sure they don't blame the actual script writer (the one actual person that you might call a hacker in a crowd).

Battleye works certain ways and has to follow certain rules and work within that set.

New cheats come out, and battleye has to react to them.

This is all on top of a game that was designed to work EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of how we are all now trying to use it. We are all, truthfully, suffering with this hacking because BI was too trusting of their user base.

I would guess that the game will be stronger than the mod on anti cheating. I would also say that we all just need to do our best to ply rough seas at this point.

Continually posting that battleye should go or stop being used is irrelevant to the discussion. I'm sure people understand the concept of business contracts and the obligations thereto.

Arma is tied to battleye. DayZ is an Arma mod.

• Like 2

really? with my clanmate we met 5 hackers in 2 days.

Killed a guy who had a ghilie suit an AS50 NVG/GPS/technically everything. we want into the forest for several clicks away from that location. The same guy appeared with AGAIn in a ghillie suit and having AGAIN everything he had before. yep he humiliated us so we lost our hard earned items.

next server, we get some stuffs finally for all of us, same scenario. we invade Stary Sobor, a guy spawns (with Ghillie...) in 1 of the military tents while my mate is there he gets killed, i get to kill the guy... so i hide on high ground so i can guard my friends corpse till he gets back to get his stuffs back. Yet the guy which i just killed happens to be back at stary sobor under 2 minutes with AGAIN A GHILLIE with some thermo scoped M4 which is even silenced and almost kills me. Lucky me, he was a terrible shot and i could kill him. Right after that my clanmate told me to disconnect and just forget his items. Yes, i disconnected. i dont want to get teleported into the air and die.

on another server we got teleported around, another guy spawned in vehicles...

1 guy was even some karate moves which killed any1 who was aiming at (?!?!?!?!?!)

Hacker problem do exist and battleye is NOT enough to handle it. the Scripting needs to be removed as a whole from DayZ.

It's not a fix... but a good start.

EU servers are luckily mostly absent of hackers. I think a few UK servers have some issues but for the most part it seems fine. Only time I ever ran in to a hacker was on a US server. Not trying to start a "your region's players are hackers!" flame war, just saying maybe try jump on a different region for a bit and see if you have a better time.

So, it's kind of a technology race.

But battleye has to work for everyone, and the script builders can fail repeatedly and their "userbase" can just shrug until it works.

If script users get banned, they have little recourse. I'm sure they don't blame the actual script writer (the one actual person that you might call a hacker in a crowd).

Battleye works certain ways and has to follow certain rules and work within that set.

New cheats come out, and battleye has to react to them.

This is all on top of a game that was designed to work EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of how we are all now trying to use it. We are all, truthfully, suffering with this hacking because BI was too trusting of their user base.

I would guess that the game will be stronger than the mod on anti cheating. I would also say that we all just need to do our best to ply rough seas at this point.

Continually posting that battleye should go or stop being used is irrelevant to the discussion. I'm sure people understand the concept of business contracts and the obligations thereto.

Arma is tied to battleye. DayZ is an Arma mod.

I hope the script users will not be a problem in future. I think the devs of arma will find away to enable/disable script execution sourced from other sources than the host itself. Every executed script could go trough a filter/survey module first before it gets actually executed.... for e.g..

The real problem in future are cheaters, who don't use scripts, who shoot trough trees see every player and so on. That's a wide spread problem with games on PCs.

Edited by Gradan

I got on a server the other day with my squad and we met this hacker by accident that had a thunderdome. He was great. He started making motorcycles,cars, trucks and just about anything you can imagine. We had a blast driving around and goofing off. Tents scattered everywhere with every kind of weapon and gear you can imagine.

Sometimes its fun if you get a good hacker.

In either case, I don't condone hacking.

Last night I was in Balotta when I saw two Choppers duking it out, one finally scored a solid hit and the other one went crashing into the dirt just on the outskirts. It really was one of the most epic moments I'd ever witnessed in DayZ. After the winner had departed I approached cautiously to pick the bones and I hit the jackpot. NVGs, GPSs, rangefinders, top tier silenced weapons, full toolbelts, I was in heaven. I got an entrenching tool, and all of a sudden I was in three valleys surrounded by concertina wire and people with much larger guns than I had. The stand off lasted a few seconds before someone mentioned that he liked the fact that none of us were shooting each other, and several others echoed his approval. Then we all died.

Yawn stfu about hackers. Get a PS3 if u wanna play online games with no Hacks.

It will never go away so u might aswel hang yaself

[user warned for this post. -Max]

Edited by Max Planck

Yawn stfu about hackers. Get a PS3 if u wanna play online games with no Hacks.

It will never go away so u might aswel hang yaself

That's a little too far...

Myself still have faith in Battleye has anyone seen that statistic they have banned more than 11,000 since the 4 June.

Edited by hassman

I wonder what goes through these players head's when they write these forum posts. Do you think it's raising awareness of the hacking problem? No, the Day-Z guys already know it's a huge problem, as well as BE. Do you think it's going to make the hackers go away because you cried? No, because they want you to cry. Honestly, what do you expect posts like this to do? Just shrug it off, go find another server, and play the damn game.

Alternatively, go play a released game that isn't in Alpha and isn't a mod.

I wonder what goes through these players head's when they write these forum posts. Do you think it's raising awareness of the hacking problem? No, the Day-Z guys already know it's a huge problem, as well as BE. Do you think it's going to make the hackers go away because you cried? No, because they want you to cry. Honestly, what do you expect posts like this to do? Just shrug it off, go find another server, and play the damn game.

Alternatively, go play a released game that isn't in Alpha and isn't a mod.

So in the presence of a known problem one shouldn't apply social pressure in an effort to precipitate change?

Every server I know I can live for about half hour... Just enough time to gather enough to head away from the coast and then bam. Everyone on the server is killed.

Switch servers and it's the same story.

The solution to avoiding hackers is alt-f4. Seriously, if you are ever "teleported" to another location. Just quit the location. The only reason someone would go through the trouble of teleporting you to another location is to kill you and take your stuff. They're not going to do it so they can find you and give you a DMR with Ghilli suit.

The solution to avoiding hackers is alt-f4. Seriously, if you are ever "teleported" to another location. Just quit the location. The only reason someone would go through the trouble of teleporting you to another location is to kill you and take your stuff. They're not going to do it so they can find you and give you a DMR with Ghilli suit.

Last time I was teleported into the air I alt+f4'd... at least I got to die when I was good and ready I guess lol.