For a game that's not even finished yet it's doing well.

• Like 3

I would like to see how many Players play "now". I think that can be made over the serverlists.

DayZ the mod is an experiment. The idea behind this was to prove to BI this concept can work. And the experiment was successful indicated by the numbers of players and the announcement of the stand alone version. This happened without any serious marketing. Even if players have left the mod because of the bugs and hackers. I am sure some of them will be back with the release of the stand alone. Maybe not during the early stages (alpha, beta etc.) but a final version will attract them. You also have to keep in mind there is a huge market out there which doesn't bother with alpha or beta releases.

Once the final is close to release I am sure BI will get the marketing machine running. The critics are already on their side just because of the mod. Imagine what a stand alone could achieve with (almost) no bugs and better graphics.

Graphic/artifact glitch.

Hackers

Work/Life

The artifacting is likely running a lot of people off until it's fixed. You can clearly see this by the posts.

Hackers are being massive dicks and people are waiting for this to be lessened as one of the major draws to this game is the survival aspect which can't even be attempted with script kiddies showing how "uber" their skeelz are.

it is an Alpha mod and people are thinking it is dead? wait until the game is actually finished and released before you start saying it is dead you dumbasses. DayZ is just getting started.

• Like 2