hazdude222

A new loot/zombie spawning system in towns and villages?

Just read one of rocket's posts about zombie "progression" when describing sprinting zombies vs slower ones and I had an idea:

All Towns start off with even amount and type of zombies/loot (already happened). Players come in, kill all the zombies (effectively "clearing" the place) and take the loot.

My proposal is that, in places that have been recently cleared, there are fewer zombies and/or they are slower or hoppy ones, rather than sprinty ones. If the previous players had taken the loot as well, then the loot and the value of the loot would also decrease. Over time, the zombie levels would rise, as would the loot.

I see this as a perfect way of risk/reward looting - you could scout out a location to see what the chances are of getting good loot by seeing the number of zombies around it.

Of course, the zombie/loot counters wouldn't have to be linked so you may find less loot than indicated by the zombie level (e.g if players had looted undetected) and vice versa (e.g if a player died but took zombies with him or for some reason killed all the zombies but didn't loot).

Just an idea but I think it fits well with the game and shouldn't be (too?) hard to implement. :)

A simple: "this is shit because...." would suffice.

This is shit because the game is supposed to be as realistic as possible. You might find a badass gun in the middle of nowhere with no zombies around, and you might fight two hundred zombies to get to a building, and only get an empty soda can. That's how real life works (if there were zombies IRL).

I see your point but it's no less realistic than the current "go in, loot, come back later, loot again" system. It also adds a new gameplay element.

I like it. It would put an end to "farming".

Currently I know an area with two guard towers not too far apart from each other that most people don't know about / bother with. I just run between them, taking all the loot out and throwing it on the ground so that they keep spawning stuff and keep myself outfit with top end weapons and plenty of mags this way.

With your solution, it would make more sense for me to branch out and try to find an area nobody has been in lately rather than just keep farming the same area endlessly. Maybe a house, instead of generally spawning crap, could potentially pop out top end weapons and ammo if nobody has gone in there for several hours.

It might also lead to amusing situations where snipers camp out their favorite area for an hour waiting for it to "get better" and shooting anyone who tries to loot it too soon!

Could do the same thing for zombie loot too. Maybe zombies like to pick things up as they wander around (not literally, but loot table wise). Kill a fresh zombie, get a tin can. Kill a zombie that's been around for a while, maybe he has night vision goggles.

I like it. It would put an end to "farming".

Currently I know an area with two guard towers not too far apart from each other that most people don't know about / bother with. I just run between them' date=' taking all the loot out and throwing it on the ground so that they keep spawning stuff and keep myself outfit with top end weapons and plenty of mags this way.

[/quote']

21083457.jpg

He's not complaining about farming, he's just saying it's a cheap way to play.

I like this suggestion. I like the idea of zombies slowly recuperating over time, rather than all at once, and I like the idea of loot taking time to recover aswell. Obviously they don't have to be linked, someone could go through a town and take nothing, or kill half the zombies and get taken out by the other half, but I think it would make the world more dynamic and immersive.

It'd also stop people hanging around in one spot and encourage them to explore, and give people a breather when they have just cleared out a town. Fantastic suggestion, best I've seen in days. I really hope rocket takes notice of this.

Hello everyone.

I like this suggestion too, but I would like to add something. I think most of the people here have seen such films as "Night of the Living Dead" and "The Return of the Living Dead" and remember that it was really difficult to destroy the zombies. They had to be cremated to ashes. I say all this to the fact that it would be nice to get rid of dead spawn, but instead for them to enter an unconscious state for some time. It would be nice to be able to afraid of a corpse lying nearby, which can rise at any moment.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English.