Sign in to follow this  
fussionzz97

Help with a LAN game

Like every other game with co-op i setup hamachi join the same network and setup a LAN game the problem:

Normal ARMA 2 maps work its just i got no idea how to start the DayZ map any help?

well if u mean u want to play dayz from lan with your friend , i think that's not possible?

You can not host dayz by LAN. It runs from rockets central Hive server. Private servers are also frowned upon as they break the server regulations. Please just stick with official servers.

Thats the biggest downfall of this mod implementation, and my personal idea about ithis is that this will kill the game in the end.

OFP/Arma was so open, they are now beginning to hammer it closed, purely to make money i think.

This is in my opinion a very negative thing.

There are options tho for hosting your own hive and game, but i'm not allowed to point you to a website.

Think Lingor island, go google and try find it out.

Adjusting the dayz scripts is not that hard, setting up a privat server is not that hard either setting up a privat hive gets a bit more complicated but is doable too.

I don't think its the way to go tho, maybe if you already have a succesfull clan and you have enough players to come to your server it might be interesting to alter scripts and have your own server, it does give you more control over who joins and who to ban from your server.

My idea is that controling the hacking is more the responsability of a good server admin.

In the old days we had the LOL clan (and more serious clan servers) who hosted a server very strickt, a lot of people did not come there because no fcking around was allowed, if you did fckd you were simple banned. There was ALLWAYS an active admin.

We now have to many servers without good active admins, we now also have the sql injection problem which will always be a problem if you not have a constant active admin plugging holes behind the hackers his ass.

Giving the power back to the community will in the end filter out all bad guys more sufficient then the way things are going now.

This series of "open source" games by BIS are such a great learning tool for "would be" programmers, it would be such a shame if this will be lost in the new strategy they want to follow for making money.

I know its the way technology is pushing us, i mean in a couple of years we will be playing on google earth, we will be playing on the whole world and surroundings, i do like the idea, but please BIS stick to the openness of your products, it helps so many people to be introduced into the world of programming and 3D world creation.

It is that i lack the time, but this series of games is the only games i play on the pc, i'm completely not a computer gamer, but your product have made me a pc junkie anyway. I have as much fun playing the game solo, or multiplayer, and even trying to create new stuff for the game, like islands and new 3d object usable in the game.

I hope you BIS guys read this and do see the power your product have that no other game or piece of software can give us, You are unique, keep it that way PLEASE......

• Like 1

You can not host dayz by LAN. It runs from rockets central Hive server. Private servers are also frowned upon as they break the server regulations. Please just stick with official servers.

if the game is only available for online then that is going to force pirate offline version . look at most of the call of duty range games , most of them has a offline lan server ,