Sign in to follow this  
zython (DayZ)

Well I can't exactly say he's wrong

It's really sad man. Hopefully this forum will clean itself up after the next patch drops.

I apologize on behalf of everybody. :(

Edited by MoronToTheKore

It's really sad man. Hopefully this forum will clean itself up after the next patch drops.

I apologize on behalf of everybody. :(

I agree. Less bashing one another and more finding solutions to problems. or even calm and level headed discussion is enough.

This is an alpha...

You bought Arma2, not DayZ.

Now fuck off and die.

I think I covered it all.

Some people need to get thicker skin. I hear they got a cream for that.

• Like 2

There's nothing but useful advice on these forums. The swearing and crap is on repeat topics, but yes, we should all try and remember that although we've seen it 50 times before, it's generally the first time the poster has come across the problem.

• Like 1

Yeah I like the "you didn't buy DayZ" one. Like 99% of DayZ players would have bought ARMA2 otherwise. It is splitting hairs and an argument out of touch with reality.

OK but they can't demand a refund from Bohemia if dayz never gets out of alpha.

Wow that's like the Dayz forums but succinct like. I personally hate the "it's only an alpha!" one and nice to see these forums have such a good rep!

My favorite is "You DayZ players make the ARMA community look bad."

The ARMA community? I didnt know 3 people made up a whole community.

• Like 1

Aaaaaand there goes the thread. C'mon guys. We can do better than bashing the guy who is showing us how bad it is here.

Agree. Every time someone talks about broken or missing features the whiteknights tell them to suck it up.

Aren't you supposed to give feedback in alpha about what works and what doesn't?

Agree. Every time someone talks about broken or missing features the whiteknights tell them to suck it up.

Aren't you supposed to give feedback in alpha about what works and what doesn't?

Totally. But there is a huge difference between feedback and just fucking raving, insulting anyone and everyone, and generally being a prick. We have a lot of the latter right now, and too little of the former.

Totally. But there is a huge difference between feedback and just fucking raving, insulting anyone and everyone, and generally being a prick. We have a lot of the latter right now, and too little of the former.

Numerous times I've seen someone come here and say this and that is broken and this and that is the his suggested way of fixing it just to be told to suck it up cause this is alpha...

Most developers don't even release alpha versions of their game to the public.

In this case, Rocket has decided to release an alpha build of the game, and people are buying a complete game, ARMA 2, so they can play a mod.

These people are then complaining that they aren't getting the experience they expected from DayZ.

So I will say it again for those who.missed it the first 9,999 times:

You bought ARMA 2 not DayZ.

DayZ is in alpha.

People need to stop complaining like they paid $30 for DayZ.

Numerous times I've seen someone come here and say this and that is broken and this and that is the his suggested way of fixing it just to be told to suck it up cause this is alpha...

I know. I've seen it too. But I can understand how some people are getting frusterated, I know I am, at seeing an endless wave of "suggestions" when it's pretty clear that nothing save a miracle by BE or tweaking of the standalone can fix the hacking problems. As far as the visual glitches, I mean, it's in the next patch.

Most developers don't even release alpha versions of their game to the public.

In this case, Rocket has decided to release an alpha build of the game, and people are buying a complete game, ARMA 2, so they can play a mod.

These people are then complaining that they aren't getting the experience they expected from DayZ.

So I will say it again for those who.missed it the first 9,999 times:

You bought ARMA 2 not DayZ.

DayZ is in alpha.

People need to stop complaining like they paid $30 for DayZ.

Rocket needed testers but he didn't have enough so he made it public so that people can test the mod.

People come to the forum and give feedback on what doesn't work or what's lacking. That's a crucial part of testing. And you tell them to stop. What are we doing here then?

Yeah I like the "you didn't buy DayZ" one. Like 99% of DayZ players would have bought ARMA2 otherwise. It is splitting hairs and an argument out of touch with reality.

If some random person tells you that my product will do something that it won't, and you buy it thinking it will do that, are you then entitled to a refund because of representations someone else made?

If some random person tells you that my product will do something that it won't, and you buy it thinking it will do that, are you then entitled to a refund because of representations someone else made?

... kind of...? We're talking about digital property here, it's a new subject in the courts. The only country that treats digital property with the same laws as physical property is Canada, so far.

Rocket needed testers but he didn't have enough so he made it public so that people can test the mod.

People come to the forum and give feedback on what doesn't work or what's lacking. That's a crucial part of testing. And you tell them to stop. What are we doing here then?

Well obviously you're here to make dumbass responses to peoples posts.

Did I say that people shouldn't come to forums to make bug reports, offer constructive criticism or make suggestions?

No. I did not say that.

What I said is that people shouldn't come to forums either a) bitching that the game is too buggy, or B) bitching that they were ripped off. Why? Because a) the mod is in alpha, and B) they didn't even pay for the mod, they paid for ARMA 2.

Edited by MykeMichail

Well obviously you're here to make dumbass responses to peoples posts.

Did I say that people shouldn't come to forums to make bug reports, offer constructive criticism or make suggestions?

No. I did not say that.

What I said is that people shouldn't come to forums either a) bitching that the game is too buggy, or B) bitching that they were ripped off. Why? Because a) the mod is in alpha, and B) they didn't even pay for the mod, they paid for ARMA 2.

I agree that bitching about being ripped off is idiotic but too many times you people have flamed someone talking about broken things or suggesting things and told them to "suck it up cause it's alpha"