Sign in to follow this  
gnomie

EVE online concepts to prevent PVP logouts and Serverhopping

Hi there,

as all know, there are many problems of players loggin out in spawn areas to log to another server just to get the loot they want.

Also we have problems of suddenly pvp logouts so people don't get killed.

One solution to this can be a concept like it is in eve online. Whenever a player logs out in a radius of about 500m to another player or zombie or spawnpoint, he stay's on the server visible for all other people and can be killed nor can he login to another server as his session goes on.

And after 5minutes the session is closed and the player can log in to another server.

No one will logout if zombies are behind him. No one will logout if another player shoots at him. No one will logout in spawn areas as he can't login to another server.

What do you think?

What do you think?

I think there's a bazzilion topics on this matter and if you'd used the search you'd have found them.

Eve is specifically mentioned in a few of them.

What if you want to logout in an Town. There will be always Zombies near. i like the idea of an Disconnect Timer making you stand still and dont do anything for an amount of time like 10-30 seconds.

Edited by Paddy0610

5 minutes is a crazy amount of time, I dare you to stand still anywhere in dayz for 5 minutes and see if you last, 10-30 seconds is more appropriate and it has already been suggested.

eve doesn't work like that.

Yeah on EVE you warp away from where to "deadspace" then I think it's like 1-2-3 minutes until you go "off radar"

But 30 seconds is about right for this game

AJ

eve doesn't work like that.

Indeed.

EVE only keeps you around if you have an aggression timer anyway.

Also, if I suddenly have to go answer the door/other real life event and log out, I don't want to be sat around like a dick just because I had single zombie within 500m of me (Do you even have an idea how far that is!)

Plus rocket has already implemented a log of timer, but it didnt work in the mod because of ArmaII issues. Rest assured the standalone will have a log out timer. Relax.