So what is the word on it? I've streamed and had it done to me and I don't see it as a big deal. I stream and 90% of the time someone is going to kill me from watching, big fucking deal. I hear people bitch about it when I watch stream and they die to either a random or an actual SS and swear up and down "Oh em gee, I'm going to get Rocket to ban you". What's the word on it? Bannable or not?

So what is the word on it? I've streamed and had it done to me and I don't see it as a big deal. I stream and 90% of the time someone is going to kill me from watching' date=' big fucking deal. I hear people bitch about it when I watch stream and they die to either a random or an actual SS and swear up and down "Oh em gee, I'm going to get Rocket to ban you". What's the word on it? Bannable or not?

[/quote']

If the policies in place now permit TS ghosting (and they do), then they definitely permit streamsniping.

Ghosting is an unwanted, forcible intrusion (separate from integrating/spying), while SS is the player broadcasting their location to everybody.

Again, if being forcibly stalked through private chattel is permissible, it must hold that the non-existent offence of collecting intelligence people are willing broadcasting must also be permissible.

Doesn't matter if it's DayZ or a real life zombie apocalypse, if you stream your location to potential enemies then expect to die. I don't see how this can be a bannable offence.

Doesn't matter if it's DayZ or a real life zombie apocalypse' date=' if you stream your location to potential enemies then expect to die. I don't see how this can be a bannable offence.

[/quote']

That's what I'm saying. It's so annoying hearing people bitch about being killed by stream snipers when they're streaming. Don't fucking stream if you don't want to be killed by someone watching it. That shit WILL happen. It's happened to me when I was streaming with friends and we knew the consequences of doing it.

Stream sniping is actually something that I believe sc2 people came up with, people who queue when you queue etc and try to come against you, not if they watch your stream.

and "stream cheating" is what they call it when the player you're playing against is watching your stream, not really cheating.

It's called ghosting, something you did when you was young you watched your friends monitor on the left/right to see their position but now you watch a stream.

This isn't something that is banable. The thing is with TS3 ghosting, you can just ban/get them banned from the TS server you're on, but they're technically doing nothing illegal in game which was clarified by Rocket.

This is the risk you take when you stream. Delaying your stream can be a way to slightly counter this.

Streaming Dayz is like typing your location in side chat.

Just don't reveal the server your on and make sure your IGN is different to your steaming name.

Also set a delay on that stream.

problemo solvedo

Well i consider that if you are streaming to an audience, it's up to you to take the necessary measures so it can't be used against you:

-block out the chat.

-change ingame nick.

If you can't or won't do this, you are BOUND to get stream sniped because someone, somewhere doesn't like you or consider that your streaming is a form of bragging.