NerdyOtter

DayZ Role-Play Group: Now Recruiting!

Please read this whole post, as there is a lot of important info!

KFVBx.png

Hey everyone, Nerdy Otter here! I'm about to start a new group for DayZ. It's not going to be like every other group though. It's going to be a role-play group! What I mean by that is... You know what? Rather than explaining it all, here's the Wikipedia page on role-playing.

Basically, we're all going to have to assume our own character roles. My character's name currently is Markus. He doesn't remember anything about his past. He was just washed up on the beach, with nothing but a note telling him his name. If you want to learn more about him, I've created a Wordpress blog for him. It acts as his journal. Give it a read! It'll add to the experience.

We will be accepting new members that are 12-years-old and up, so don't worry too much about age. If you show that you can be mature enough to handle yourself, and you can follow by our rules, you should have no problem getting into our group.

Before signing up, you should think of a character. What's their story? What kind of personality do they have? This will make the process of signing up much faster. You will also have to create a new character in DayZ for the sake of role-play!

GV3sE.png

I am a 13-year-old kid living in Washing state. I understand that some people will have a problem with my age, so that's why I'm posting this section. Although, despite my age, I'm very mature. Don't be fooled by the voice, as most are.

CpG96.png

It's taken a while to get here, hasn't it? If it hasn't, you should probably go back and read it again. If it has, congratulations! You've earned getting here! Now, here's how to apply to our group:

To apply, all you have to do is fill out the following form, and leave it completed in a comment.

1. Are you willing to start a new character in DayZ for the sake of role-playing?

2. Do you have a Skype account?

3. Do you have a private TeamSpeak / Mumble / Ventrillo that we can use for the group (this is not required at all, but it would really be nice if someone had one that we could use)?

4. What is your new character's full name (you can also use a nickname that you would like to go by. Please, make the nickname serious though, I will not accept any nicknames that are not)?

5. What is your character's story (how did they get to Chernarus)?

6. Do you have good microphone quality (very little background noise would be considered good)?

You can also contact me on Skype: iodeath

Edited by NerdyOtter
  • Like 10

excellent idea, I don't judge people for their age. I want to get in on this and make the videos of it! I guess being a woman may not work out since I have a man's voice? I'm not sure how it works but I like it message me.

edit: i could run a voice server if needed

Edited by Dumah
  • Like 3

GENIUS! pure genius add me on steam i wat to be a part of this im 12 though opefully i can fit a part. add me on steam hubbabubba110

• Like 1

=0 i would like to join you add me on skype (echopopx0) and steam (weenjoy)

Edited by popcorn132

1. Are you willing to start a new character in DayZ for the sake of role-playing?

yes

yes

3. Do you have a private TeamSpeak / Mumble / Ventrillo that we can use for the group (this is not required at all, but it would really be nice if someone had one that we could use)?

no

4. What is your new character's full name (you can also use a nickname that you would like to go by. Please, make the nickname serious though, I will not accept any nicknames that are not)?

Echo

5. What is your characters story (how did they get here, what was their past like)?

One day i was sniping zombies while i was sniping a person snucked up behind me and knocked me out and apparently took all of my stuff, i was half naked on the roof

i was smacked hard right in the head i couldnt remember anything. Day by day i start to remember things, i remembered the person who knocked me out and im out to find him and have my revenge.

6. Do you have good microphone quality (very little background noise would be considered good)?

kind of

Edited by popcorn132

Yes I am!

Yes

Sorry, no.

Michel A. Froste. Nickname: Froste

5. Do you have good microphone quality (very little background noise would be considered good)?

Its not too bad

yes

yes

no

Josh Arwin

5. What is your characters story (how did they get here, what was their past like)?

Life was never easy, his dad was an alcoholic, and his mom passed when he was 7, he had no one to look up to, but nevertheless he became a well-paid bussiness man, he was married, and had one son, but because he wassn't home much, he never really had a bond with his son, and his wife was getting tired of waiting for him, the relationship was horrible, and asif that wassn't enough, he was sent to the Island, and had to move there with his family, this made things even worse, he would go to the Island alone firs, his family would come afterwards. When he arived he knew things would only get more difficult, he felt like something was wrong with the Island, walking trough elektro he saw people closing windows and hiding in there houses, there was a strange vibe to it.

He had plenty of work, he worked trough nights, and he couldn't even pick up his family, and help them move.. One night when returning home, there was a fire nearby, he got a call from his wife, she was screaming and crying, ''they got him, they got him josh'' Josh didn't understand it, and before he could answer, the phone went dead, it struck to him something had happend, and he wanted to go home as soon as possible, while driving he hit a ''walker'' the car crashed and he went unconcious, now he's here on this Island, with nothing with him but some standard goods.. He must and will find his family, and find out what happend..

Not the best quality but it'l do!

Absolutley

yes, fishliquor is the username

no :/

John Rustle (nickname Russel)

I grew up in these parts around here but wanted to get out right when i became of age, I left seeking fortune but came back to visit family after realizing they were so important. When I got back i discovered this zed infection... I need to find survivors and find my family.

I have a very nice mic.

I love this idea. Let's see if we can make something out of this...

I'm currently stuck outside the map with a naked character so i'm going to have to restart. If possible, i would like to keep what i have, though. Goes with who my character is.

andu1224

private but belongs to my friends. i might be able to arrange something

Vassili Ivanovich

5. What's my story

Comrade Regiment Commander Vassili Ivanovich is a retired soldier from Russia. After first hearing of the outbreak in Chernarus, he remains indifferent, confident that the army will manage and that he is, after all, retired. A week later, he catches a cryptic transmission while messing around with his shortwave radio. The message made sense to him though - he immediately recognized the code used by an elite unit that he was once a part of. It was a call for help from his old comrades. And the contents made it obvious that it came from Chernarus. Having heard this, he prepared for a journey, using his old military contacts to stock up on high quality weapons and survival tools, to find and help his friends escape.

No idea, I havent heard anyone talk through mine before

Yes, i would very much so. i have been looking for a long time for something like this to pop up, infact i even thought of doing this myself, but its great that you've started this idea. i would happily make a character for role playing purposes.

Yes. My skype id is : ezioisfire

Yes i have used TS3 for a long time, its a great way to communicate through it.

George Carter --- Wolf

I was part of the special forces known as Task Force 117. Our mission was to find intel in Chernarus about some codes the russians were going to use to activate a hidden doomsday device. we had to infiltrate the base , wipe out any hostiles and retrieve the codes before they could activate it. However, as we entered the base we found no hostiles, we simply just retrieved the codes...but i knew something fishy was going on. the electricity was not working. the scientists and enemy soldiers were not here. So we left the base in our Car ready to extract the codes to our base back in London. Everyone was happy and laughing about how easy it was..we didnt fire a single bullet. but as everyone was laughing i knew something was very wrong..until it happened. we must have landed on a mine, the car was thrown into the air and exploded. I was knocked out..the others didnt make it. I was alone and badly injured. Radio does not work, electricity is out. All i have is my map and compass, and a drink bottle. Since then i've been hiding out in Chernogorsk until i find a radio source and trying to defend myself against these mutated creatures. This doomsday device must've caused this i think..but im not sure. All i need to do is survive.

I have a great microphone built into my laptop.

All applications will be reviewed within the next five hours. Real me (the one that's not stuck in a zombie apocalypse) has some stuff to do.

Yes

Yes

Nope, sorry

Ulv Bjoernsen

Ulv Bjoernsen was a Norwegian polar bear trainer. He traveled far and wide, showing off his bears' tricks at birthday parties and minor gatherings. Then, the unthinkable happened. A spoiled birthday girl felt just a little too entitled, and tried to control the show, and by extension Trond, the polar bear. Trond promptly ate her, which put something of a damper on the party. The news traveled fast, and pretty soon Ulv and Trond was hunted wherever they went. Finally, in Kirkenes, there was nowhere to go but on a small ferry headed for Longyearbyen on Svalbard. As the bounty hunters immediateley followed them in their own boats, Ulv realized that there was no way to escape them conventionally. So when they arrived on Svalbard, he and Trond ran as fast as they could along the coast, until they finally found a large piece of ice starting to float away from land. Ulv knew that unless he wanted to pay that 500 kr fine, they would have to sail away on that. So they both got on, but as they were clearing out, they heard shots coming from the fog behind them. Trond positioned himself in front of Ulv to protect him, and took several shots to the back. Ulv knew he wouldn't make it, and was devestated, but he was also immensely proud that he had avoided the 500 kr fine. After the last breath left Trond's mouth, Ulv cut him open. He knew he wouldn't survive in this cold with just his clothes, and the last thing he said before he crawled into Trond's carcass and fell asleep, was "I thought they smelled bad on the outside". The next time he opened his eyes would be on a beach in Chernorus.

Yes

Hey, excellent idea! Here it comes ..

Yes, I would. But in my case I do not think it is necessary, since I just died and started over. Currently, I have a doubble barreled shotgun, a tiny bit of ammo to the shotgun, Makarov without any ammo, and some food. I think where this character is right now in terms of gear and time spent will fit according to my roleplaying idea and backgroundstory. But if the chief of this group should think otherwise, I'll start anew.

Yes, I do. My username is Fredoev

Nope, I'm affraid not.

Fredoslav "Freddy" Vlodmir

Fredoslav Vlodmir, or just known as Freddy, was a quite normal man, halfway through his life, living at the farm he once inherited from his father out in the forest along with his wife, not so many miles from Chernarus. Fredoslavs father was a Russian farmer, and his mother an adventurer from Norway, who finally settled down when she met Fredoslavs father. Freddy's only child, his son, almost 20 years old, still lived at the farm helping out. A fine lad. They lived a normal life, tending to the crops, sowing, harvesting, when it happened. First, they saw it on the news. Then, they saw it themselves. The Russian army was everywhere. The village down the hill was being turned into a refugee shelter. They barred all windows and doors, thinking they would outlast the horror, endure the pain. But they were wrong. It all happened so fast. It was all a blur. Freddy's wife is hurt. How did that man break open the window? She was all bloody. A day later she was dead. At least so he tought. He can't stand thinking about it, how she came back from the dead. How she tried to attack him. How he had to .. kill, his own wife – or what used to be his wife. Now all hell breaks loose. Freddy stands there with his doubble barreled shotgun and the corpse of his wife lying on the floor while the zombies break into the house. Freddy grabs a backpack and his shotgun and storms out. He runs into the forest, never looking back. In the confusion, he suddenly realises that his son is nowhere to be found. But the zombies are at him. He must run. And so he runs with his life at stake, so deep into the woods that the sun itself can't be seen through the trees over him. He runs and runs, for how long he does not know til' this day. All he knows is that his son is out there, alive, dead .. or worse, and that he will never stop until he has found his son. He can't stop thinking about it, how he murdered his wife and how he abandoned his son in the confusion. Never again. Life has lost it's meaning. Fredoslav spits on death and life alike. His only purpose in this so called life is finding his son, killing zombies, and chewing bubblegum .. and guess what? He's all out of bubblegum.

If I can say so my self, it's a nice and dandy microphone with almost no background noise. But really, it's a good mic.

Edited by OffshoreTroll
  • Like 1

No idea, I havent heard anyone talk through mine before

Tested and it has zero background noise.

When is this group going to be put together?

Certainly.

Yes.

No, unfortunately.

Branford J. Winter

Branford is a British vagrant, who, despite looking weathered, haggard and probably a lot older than he really is, has a somewhat comely appearance. Three months before his arrival in Chernarus, Branford happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time in his hometown of Liverpool, England, and quickly became the prime suspect of a brutal Murder and rape he did not commit. Considering the prevailing "evidence" which unflaggingly pointed towards him being the culprit, He somehow broke out of his cell and fled the country the very night before his court date to avoid an impending life sentence in Walton prison. He knew it would be impossible to escape the UK Via the John Lennon airport, so Branford did the only thing he could, and stowed away inside a crate on a cargo ship leaving the Liverpool Docks in the early hours of the morning. unbeknownst to Branford, the ship was headed for Chernarus, Russia. Upon his arrival, Branford quickly learnt that freedom was not as sweet as he had anticipated. However, years of being homeless have left him resourceful, stoic and incredibly conditioned to a harsh survival siruation.

6. Do you have good microphone quality (very little background noise would be considered good)?.

Yes.

I like this Idea and i would like to propose we take it one farther.

1. Private server for those that are roleplaying

2. Forum Deticated to the idea and private server

3. Info for charas be stored in the forums, history (story), personality, etc.

4. You must play by your chosen personality as stated in the forums.

5. No glich exploting or Alt f-4ing

6. no side chat as it would like the role play aspect of the game

7. Clans if they have a set amount of people can make bases that are off limits to others (can not be in citys and must be out of the way from normal trafic) unless that clan is challanged by another to defend their base at a given time. (we cant always be in game so this would work best)

8. Open to more suggestions!

As for my Charator

Yes

Yes

No

Totalwar

I am a zombie that was eating some brains when i spotted something shinny. It was a pair of aviator glasses i spent the next few hours poking them and placing them on my body randomly. When i put them on my face correctly they turned me human! As long as the glasses stay on i am human but if i ever should lose them well... BRAINS!!!

Dude like expensive wireless headset for the win!

Edited by Tonacriid
  • Like 1

YES

yes haloguysm1th

no

thomas brooks nickname: halo

i used to server with razon squad juring an invation here so when the outbrake happend i came here but my ship was shot at and i fell off and got woke up on the shore with only my instinks

yes i do

(my age is 13)

Im 13 years old and living in germany

Yes

Yes

Nope

4. What is your new character's full name (you can also use a nickname that you would like to go by. Please, make the nickname serious though, I will not accept any nicknames that are not)? /

Mirko Spindler /Godzilla

5. What is your character's story (how did they get to Chernarus)?g4

eHe was a German SEK Soldier on the way to Chernarus because they couldn´t handle all these mysterious attacks at Humans.As they where flying in their Chopper some idiots started shooting at them and the Chopper Crashed.... he was the only survivor... He´s a hard man taking every risk if necesary.He was the best sniper in his greop and also the best for Pilot/driver

n

Yes

Edited by YourMom!

yea

yea (Mr_kujo)

no

Ridge hall

He was a snipe in the military when the infection struck he was sent in as the first combat league.After several tedious weeks my squad of 5 people was demolished and only i was remaining. I was left no family, no friends only me against the world of zeds. I fought and fought when a clan of 6 bandits broke my legs and took all my gear. So hear i am nothing left except my skills and my will to survive

yea

Yes

Yes

No

Tommy Sietz

Tommy was a hard worker at his apartment complex. He was Recently promoted to manager. He fixed the water heaters and took care of the pool. He picked up garbage and collected the monthly rent. He was getting tired though. He hadn't had a vacation in 5 years. He heard an ad on the radio for a two week vacation in Chernarus. He called in. Ring....Ring...Ring. Hello? This is tommy. Well long story short he was the caller number seven. He told his Wife Marylou and they left the next week. They left there kids with there grandma. On the airplane they flew low over chernarus. Then the airplanes systems went out. The last thing Tommy remembers is hearing his wife say I love you.

Its Medium quality.

1. Are you willing to start a new character in DayZ for the sake of role-playing? Yes

2. Do you have a Skype account? Yes

3. Do you have a private TeamSpeak / Mumble / Ventrillo that we can use for the group ]this is not required at all, but it would really be nice if someone had one that we could use. Yes

4. What is your new character's full name (you can also use a nickname that you would like to go by.  Please, make the nickname serious though, I will not accept any nicknames that are not) James Devoy

5. What is your character's story (how did they get to Chernarus)? In the darkness of night my squad were going to be the recon team for the seals. Almost 2 miles from the shore awaiting for our go. Taking a RIB onto the uncharted land was the stragest step. The air was silent, useing my M91A2 to scan the surrounding area. Seeing several individuals moving slowly and not alert to us coming to shore. Telling John to start transmitting to the ship, to describe what is moving. Our team leader has told us that there are settlement around the area but the independents have wepons and can look as a regular civ. Giveing us permission to take down any threat. Starting to travel toward the tree line we could see someone crouched over another person. We investigated the scene and see that he was eatting the dead person. Me saying " Hey " and then suddenly a screeching yell came from the man and turned and began to sprint at us. Our first reaction was to shoot, John used his silenced M4 and pushed 2 bullets through the head of the beast. Looking over the man we could see bullet wounds already in the chest in account to ours. A chunk of the leg was gone also, John contacted the ship and told them about no sight of enemy soldiers but attacked by a insane person eatting another person. Team leader told us to move back the boat and get back to them. Walking back to the boat I saw movement by the boat, useing my rifle to examine the boat and there was a man searching through the emergancy supplies of the boat. He looked around and continued to search. Seeing the akm on his back and a pistol in the hand. Useing my rifle I take a shot at him. The bullet penitrated into the mans chest, running over to the boat to see that he was still alive. Blood coming out onto the sand gave him little time. Before we started to leave the man said "Другим отрядом ". ( The undead ). Back on the RIB we started are journay back to the ship. When loud engine noise came from the distance. Out of the sky 2 L39 jets came over us, then horror came to sight. Fire bursted in bright yellow and red fire, being chased by smoke. Trying to communicate with the radio but static poured. As the faint glow faded from sight we were now in the dark night. Suddenly the ear peircing sound of a rocket comes from the tree line. Then our boat explodes from behind sending me and John in the air to crash into the sand. Loseing consciousness blurring from me, pain no longer surged through me. The last sight I could see is a man holding a revolver to johns head and I close my eyes and hear the faint fire of the gun...

6. Do you have good microphone quality (very little background noise would be considered good)? I have turtle beaches.

[1. Are you willing to start a new character in DayZ for the sake of role-playing?

yea

]2. Do you have a Skype account?

yea (Zombifiedgamer1)

3. Do you have a private TeamSpeak / Mumble / Ventrillo that we can use for the group this is not required at all, but it would really be nice if someone had one that we could use

Yes

Jack "Chopper" Reed

Before the infection happened Jack worked as a lumber jack in the fields of chernarus. For over 10 years he was a lumberjack and he loved it. His friends were great and he had a loving family that he got to see every day. There was his son Timmy(jack called him Tim Tim', his wife Elsa, and their daughter Elizabeth. Then one day chaos erupted. Everyone was in the woods doing their ordinary work when someone let out a high pitch scream. Jack and some others ran over to the scream and these people were eating a man! they were fucking EATING him. Jack had only one thing on his mind. He had to get to his family. He got in his pickup and ax and drove all the way to his house in Stary Sobor. As he entered the town he could hear gunshots all around and people were being chased down by those freaks. He pulled into his driveway and glanced over and saw old Mrs.Maybell eating her son-in-law. How could this happen??!!! She was the nicest lady in the whole block. Jack then ran straight to his door and noticed something else. His door was ajar. He slowly pushed it open and then it struck something. he slipped through and looked down and shrieked in terror at what he saw. His poor wife Elsa was laying there in a pool of blood. "She cant be dead!!!!" he shrieked. He checked her pulse and she was indeed gone.he had to get the kids and get out of dodge. As he walked down the hallway he heard a crunching sound coming from Elizabeth's room. Slowly he opened the door and saw the most horrific thing that would scar him for his entire life. His own Tim Tim was EATING his own sister! What the fuck was going on?! "This had to be a dream" he muttered to himself frantically He slumped down to his knees and Tim Tim slowly turned around . the blood on his lips slowly hit the pink carpeted floor(Elizabeth always loved pink). He let out a growl and lunged at jack. He couldn't kill his own son! That's when he heard the voice in his head"this isn't your son' it said.He kicked the monster back and wiped away a tear. The voice was right, It wasn't his Tim Tim anymore. With one clean swing he lopped off his head and ended its life."Didn't that feel good Jack?," the voice said. "yes it did' he responded to himself. After that jack slowly became insane day by day. The more of those things he killed the more of the voice he heard. it felt good to be wit the voice. The voice was his friend. Then he met them.His name was Markus and he had a group with them. He knew that if he went with them he would end up killing someone due to his declining mental health. He didn't care though, he finally found people. So now he travels with Markus and his trusty ax, wherever they go though, he slowly becomes more and more insane due to the horrors he has seen.Everyday he hears that voice in his head and tries to push it out but he just cant.The sensible part of him is still there though, and everyday it convinces him to not attack his friends. Someday though that part of his mind will be lost too.

6. Do you have good microphone quality (very little background noise would be considered

My mic has okay quality. I will be getting a new one soon though.

Edited by Malvarik