Sign in to follow this  
albanyfx

Move a heli next to a tree?

2 friends and I finally fixed up and refueled a heli. We found a nice spot on top of the hill to park it there. As soon as we got out the, heli sled down the hill and now in between 2 trees!

Are we SOL? Or we might able to take off right next to the tree?

Thanks for any tip

You need to find the V3S or the Ural and knock the trees down

Yeah, we tried to do this with a bus, and we fucked up the bus, and destroyed the heli, with me inside of it.

Will tractor work?

Yes, a tractor will work, but it can be a bit tricky to know down the tree.

Can all vehicle knock down trees? Someone on reedit said you can bump the heli out with a car. Will that work or damage the heli?

Can all vehicle knock down trees? Someone on reedit said you can bump the heli out with a car. Will that work or damage the heli?

No, not all vehicles can. I don't recommend bumping the heli out with a car, as you have an extremely high risk of destroying the car, heli, or both.

But will the tree fall on the heli and destroy it?

The tree will fall the opposite direction you hit it from. I've played a lot of Arma II ( I didn't buy Arma II for Day Z), and thus drove many trucks, tanks, APC's, ect through forest, so I've seen my fair share of trees fall.

Edited by Nick8478
  • Like 1

But will the tree fall on the heli and destroy it?

Actually, falling trees have no physical box, so the clip right through the heli. Same thing happened to me. Just hit the trees, wit the ural, it won't hurt the heli. Also land perpindicular to hills instead of parralel. It keeps the heli from sliding :).

How fast do you need to be going to hit the tree? And head on with the truck or at an angle? cause ive tried to knock a tree down only to blow both front tires of the V3S ....