Sign in to follow this  
Muncywolverine

Admin wrongly banned me, need help.

Hi guys,

I posted this in the survivor forum but am having little luck with responces.

I killed an admin and his friend killed me. The admin said "(my name), you make me very angry" in BLUFOR chat. I tried to respond through group/direct/vehicle but he either ignored me or couldn't see it.

He then says in BLUFOR chat "(My name) ARE YOU HACKING??" and dies right after. Again i try to respond but no luck.

He says again in BLUFOR chat "(My name) YOU BETTER REPOND OR I BAN FOR GOOD". Again i try to respond, try to use the group channel in the lobby, no luck.

So theres either a horrible coincidence of another hacker being on the server and killing ONLY him right after i killed him, or he died again and raged so hard he banned me.

So i'm now banned from my home server. Is there any way to talk to him/appeal this?

Also, how do i use BLUFOR chat??...

well, I wouldn't worry about it man, you may have to find another server for your group and base. this is how admins are.

• Like 2

just find another server.

the hosting rules say the only legit reasons to ban is for being abusive or racist

way too many other servers to worry about one

"group" chat is for the lobby only

"direct" chat is for use in game when you are about 50 meters or less from the other player

change channels with , & . keys

That guy sounds like a bitch.

I guess nothing you can do but email him if you have it.

emailing won't help, i've emailed sever owners offering to pay half of the server bill, it was a waste of time

Also, how do i use BLUFOR chat??...

you can't, not that I know of anyway

Can i get this guy banned/reported? Also, how do i check the server log?

not unless you're an admin/owner(of the server)

Edited by Dumah

How do bans work? Does he have to manually ban me, or is it an automatic IP address type thing?

How do bans work? Does he have to manually ban me, or is it an automatic IP address type thing?

it you were banned by battleye it was automatic, if not it was manual

it you were banned by battleye it was automatic, if not it was manual

Alright, so it sounds like he will eventually forget about me and i will be able to get in.

It's a shame, i like the guy who runs the server (this guys a friend of his), and i didn't just shoot him in cold blood, i thought he and his bush wookie friend had spotted me.

Infact the reason i didnt kill his bush wookie friend is because my panic-automatic fire blocked my veiw.\

Edit : The message i got was "you were kicked off the server".

Edited by Muncywolverine

Alright, so it sounds like he will eventually forget about me and i will be able to get in.

It's a shame, i like the guy who runs the server (this guys a friend of his), and i didn't just shoot him in cold blood, i thought he and his bush wookie friend had spotted me.

Infact the reason i didnt kill his bush wookie friend is because my panic-automatic fire blocked my veiw.\

Edit : The message i got was "you were kicked off the server".

If you were just kicked off the server, you should be able to rejoin now

If you were just kicked off the server, you should be able to rejoin now

UPDATE: I got in once and he immediatly said in BLUFOR chat "IM SHUTTING THE SRVR DOWN, TOO MANY HACKERS".

I can't tell if he's serious and getting hounded by a hacker, or really, really hates me.

Edited by Muncywolverine

UPDATE: I got in once and he immediatly said in BLUFOR chat "IM SHUTTING THE SRVR DOWN, TOO MANY HACKERS".

I can't tell if he's serious and getting hounded by a hacker, or really, really hates me.

lol, me and my group have had similar encounters, dont worry. you may have to find another server. server owners get really sensitive about their camp and gear, etc.

lol, me and my group have had similar encounters, dont worry. you may have to find another server. server owners get really sensitive about their camp and gear, etc.

Well i really hope i can get back in. Damnit, i wish i could talk to this guy. I tried looking up him, the server owner, and the other listed admins through steam and google. No luck.

If you talk in Direct chat the admin should be able to see it even if he is far away from you. At least on my home server that is how I talk to the admin when the private chats to me.

Well i really hope i can get back in. Damnit, i wish i could talk to this guy. I tried looking up him, the server owner, and the other listed admins through steam and google. No luck.

he/she pays for the server, they feel that it's a right to do what they want. they aren't just providing a server to help players or anything, :) edit: this doesn't include all server owners, just the selfish ones

Edited by Dumah

If you talk in Direct chat the admin should be able to see it even if he is far away from you. At least on my home server that is how I talk to the admin when the private chats to me.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Can anyone else confirm this?

In the lobby, when loading, I know everyone can hear. That's all I have for you.

In the lobby, when loading, I know everyone can hear. That's all I have for you.

I think that's only the loading screen group channel.

I think that's only the loading screen group channel.

Find another server for your base, have you or a friend get on the server you're complaining about when the admin isn't on. Once you've completed that step you should remove all of your items and move them to the new stable server. I've been forced to do this a few times, server owners don't like it when you find their base.

Find another server for your base, have you or a friend get on the server you're complaining about when the admin isn't on. Once you've completed that step you should remove all of your items and move them to the new stable server. I've been forced to do this a few times, server owners don't like it when you find their base.

*Sigh* alright. The server's still down. Can i change my in-game name to sneak in?