Migano

This game ... !

Hello everyone,

i saw the youtube videos and heard about the concept, and i loved it! So i decided to buy arma 2 and the expansion to play this awesome game! ... And what a fail this was...

I spend 3(!!!) hours, trying to connect to a server, joining 2 times in the debug forst without any items, and the rest of the time watching "Waiting server response".

Then i finally made it! I joined a game, what joy that was... but the controls are really bad and my vision is incredibly blurry ... after 10 minutes i had such a bad headache, that i had to quit the game!

WTF?! Really? Thank you for letting me waste my money...

Please remember the following:

This is a ALPHA which is a MOD for a RETAIL GAME.

There is issues, wait them out before declaring you wasted your money that is your choice for buying the game for this free mod in which you may or may not have a right to bitch about issues since it is in alpha development

Our pleasure :D

I dont care that its alpha or has bugs, but the gameplay is just HORRBILE! weird control, and everything is ******* blurry, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE BLURRY?!?!?!?!

Turn of post processing effects, this is not apart of the mod this is apart of the game. Which you can change the controls, not our problem.

Thanks for the advice, i will try that, when i am able to join a game .. in like 1-2 hours

If you get Waiting for server response, consider it just the server or DB being slow? I know there is a proper explanation for this somewhere but I can't recall.

I find this funny you bought a alpha mod game and you start to complain about it, well the control yes it feels weird but then again your moving like realistic not like how cod and bf which has a smooth walking

Omg really ?

Did u never played an Arma or Operations Flashpoint game before ?

These 2 games series are played totally different than every other shooter.....

And the fact that Arma 2 is a realistic war simulation, you should have know that u cant just press WASD and shift and be a god like in other fps.

And bad graphics which cause headache ? Blurry vision ? Seriously if u watched all the vids on youtube without getting headache and now ur flaming about graphics.......

Best solution "ESC" -> "Video settings" -> e.g. turn off motion blur......

CoD kids nowadays...

Its more that my battleye is broken and i get kicked all the time ... i tried new installation, downloading the newest .dll ... doesnt help

Sorry Migano, you have no right to complain about the mod / server issues. It was YOUR choice to go and buy the game (and expansions) to be able to play the mod. A little research goes a long way.

Have you thought about your computer and whether you need to upgrade to play the game? You really do need to think before posting.

And as Legacy has said, the mod is in a Alpha state and it will be in Alpha for quite a while. I would expect things to be the same for some time to come.

Complaining does not help but raising bug reports does help.

Look for servers that are 'setting up' or 'briefing' - they are easier to connect to initially.

Also calm your rage. Postprocessing off. And yes the UI is clunky, but ARMA games have always been this way, right back to Operation Flashpoint. You should have seen this on your many watched youtube videos.

yeah it is still very buggy, but follow the above advice and persist and you'll find it well worth it.

The controlls are a nightmare, but when you get your head around them they do make sence, and you will understand why they need to be the way they are.

I dont care that its alpha or has bugs' date=' but the gameplay is just HORRBILE! weird control, and everything is ******* blurry, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE BLURRY?!?!?!?!

[/quote']

Disable post processing effects completely in video options.

Go to game options and disable head bob and aiming deadzone.

Go to controls options and disable mouse smoothing. Turn down the mouse sensitivity (X and Y axis).

This will remove the blurry effect and it will make the game playable. Next is for you to learn the controls. They are very good and effective, it just takes a moment to learn them.

As for the server joining. Open the game, go to the server browser, select a server, keep pressing enter on your keyboard until you get in. Once you are in, you have to be patient. If after 15 minutes you still aren't past all the loading screens, then it might be time to hit escape and join ANOTHER server (the current one might be bugged).

Next time, do NOT join an Alpha mod expecting it to work out of the box. You have to realize it's Alpha and it's buggy as hell. So either cope with it or wait until it's done.

his 3d resolution is set too low for the overall res. it took me 30seconds to figure this out.

ARMA games always suck for control, any research weould have found this, its also an alpha hense the issues with the servers.

All of this could have been found out before you spent a thing, but then I guess you are lazy.

Imma gonna solve this!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1355

Anyway, as everybody said: Like it or not, this is an Alpha, meaning it is still in development and not finished and you can't blame anyone but yourself if you "wasted" your money on Arma 2 and OA.

You haven't spent even an euro on the mod, it's 100% free. You have bought an another game, not DayZ.

More importantly, as every game ever existed, before you press the "play" button you should go to the video option and adapt the settings to your computer. If the games run slow or not as intended, MAYBE you should go to video option again and play with the settings a bit.

And, guess what? We have a forum called Troubleshooting where we actually try to help people like you. All you have to do is try not to be polemic and keep in mind that the problem might be YOURS and not because of the game.

What an ungrateful little tike.

The majority of your complaints aren't even about the mod itself, but rather ArmA2. "ITS SO BLURRY", why don't you google it? As mentioned earlier: post process effects will be the cause of this "BLURRY!?!?!?!" (also known as: MOTION BLUR).

You should have refunded this game and spent your £25 / $30 on something a little more educating.

I suggest you listen to the folks advice, also if you want to get your controls configured and not wait for server responses I suggest the following:

http://kronzky.info/missions/arma/dayzsp/

This will help you get used to the game, its mechanics, and no server waits.. No MP so you can mess with your Video, Controls until you get them right the way you want them, also without worrying about being shot by a Bandit or a Survivor for that matter..the only thing you would have to worry about are the ZOMBIES, so you better hope you didn't spawn near a village hehe

Your welcome..

EDIT: Current version does not work with the new Patched 1.6.0 version of DayZ, wait until the creator of DayZSP updates his MOD, get stuck on Initializing ... lates, If anything just Bookmark his page.

If only there was some demo to try out arma 2 and see if your rig can handle it and learn more about the game before you made a purchase

i love the arma controls. if you are not familiar with it and dont know how to handle it its a pain in the ass and youll die ALOT due to controls.

when you are getting comfortable with it. it ROCKS.

also try the Bootcamp in singleplayer to learn/replace the controls etc.

ITS NOT a game where the publsiher wants a 50 IQ dudu or a soccer mum to jump in and rule the game.

I hate all those kids who cry at first glance if something is not happening as they expected or wanted it to be instead of learning and figuring it out by themselfs. men men men.

AND YES there is A DEMO called ARMA II free

1.) Nobody wasted your moms money but you

2.) Adjust head bob

3.) Change your resolution or build a better pc

4.) Controls aren't bad, theyre advanced. The game wasn't designed with a controller/console players in mind

And lastly, 5.) If you actually did your research on ARMA II and not DayZ, you would have been prepared for all of this. Besides, nobody will miss you, you're probably not worth the beans you carry.