Sign in to follow this  
firecrow

Vilayer get your crap together

Server is down for another day today.. that makes 4 days out of the last week and a half the server we're paying you for hasn't been available. To make matters worse you haven't answered the support email I sent early this morning to open a ticket.. you haven't had anyone in your own Teamspeak all day. 24/7 support my backside.

What are we paying you for if you can't keep the servers up and deliver on your promise of 24/7 support?

Edited by Rentech
  • Like 1

Vilayer still sucking lol, With all seriousness there support is terrible. I almost feel like its a side project for them. If you know what I mean, and the way they conduct themselves is so unprofessional.

Edited by Stevenleonk

Hmm. thought they were good. They must just be backed up

Backed up is one thing.... this is flat out not answering support tickets. 4 days of downtime out of the last 10 is bloody ridiculous. They advertise 24/7 support well.. two emails sent since early this morning and I've still heard absolutely nothing back from them on the issue with the server.

I dont know our vilayer server has had no down time at all over more than 2 weeks, its lags much less than multiplay servers which im lucky if I can play on at all.

The acp thing has been down alot but with an rcon you can still do anything you need to.

Its all relative and to me they are a pretty good provider, not to mention the cheapest I found at the time we ordered, although I would like to be able edit the server.cfg and the acp isnt great but yea overall they have been good for us.

I've had nps at all with Vilayer, normally go on their TS which i have to agree sometimes can be a pain to get hold of someone but when i do and it's most likely Lee then things are sorted on the spot! Wanted my server upgrading to 50 from 40 and he did it for free!

Also try and get in touch with {CQF}Johnny on here or Skype.

But yeah i've had no downtime at all with my UK server.

Edited by sye73
  • Like 2

Stop defending Vilayer please, you did so in the other thread and it seems like you can't get all these problems through your head.

Never had a (big) problem in more then 10 weeks. Always people available if you use Skype or TS3.

They do have to work on their call registration, i have to admit. other then that, like

Edited by Huey
  • Like 2

I signed up for their services (DayZ server rental 40 slots) over 26 hours ago, and I still can't login to the control panel. The reason why I signed up with them is that they stated that they're fast and set up goes quick. Even in their initial email, they said it usually takes less than an hour, and in the meantime you can login...blah blah blah.

It took them about 4 hours to get back to my after I opened up my initial ticket, and it was a standard response "Should be up and running soon etc." They didn't actually answer any of my open questions, and did not fix my login issues. I'm gonna see if I can get my money back. What a disappointment.

I signed up for their services (DayZ server rental 40 slots) over 26 hours ago, and I still can't login to the control panel. The reason why I signed up with them is that they stated that they're fast and set up goes quick. Even in their initial email, they said it usually takes less than an hour, and in the meantime you can login...blah blah blah.

It took them about 4 hours to get back to my after I opened up my initial ticket, and it was a standard response "Should be up and running soon etc." They didn't actually answer any of my open questions, and did not fix my login issues. I'm gonna see if I can get my money back. What a disappointment.

Other hosts can set you up within the hour :)

Impossible to access ACP at the moment. Support TS3 seems to be down, too. Dunno why but it's not the first time.

Lee is supposedly working on ACP at the moment. No idea what they are upgrading or "FIXING" but my server still works at the moment.

The problem is my server stopped minutes before the acp gone inaccessible. Now I can't start the server. Feels very bad atm..

Edited by Levias

HEh.. Great. Glad you haven't had problems. I and many others have. Over 24 hours now with no response on my Ticket request. Can't access the ACP either which means we can't get to the Rcon either. Lee is the only one on their TS but he's muted and deafened. This is friggin stupid. 5 days of down time out of 11 now....

Edited by Rentech

This is caused by our migration of the panel to a new SAN based storage system. It will be resolved shortly, most clients are already back online.

If you guys didn't know, they recently merged to a new cloud. It's a lot of waiting on their end as well.

ACP still inaccessible. Friday evening and no way to start my server. This is unacceptable. >:(

And still not working... seriously more than 4 hours now. I hope my ticket will be answered soon !

almost 6 weeks with vilayer and they have only brought my server down for mandatory updates, you may want to take another look at your perspective.

This is an alpha game running on arma2 beta patches with a manual patch distribution system for even the hosts, that means they have to go get the patch and make it into an update for their servers manually thats alot of work hosts usually dont do for servers.

Every problem I have had I have gotten resolved in the vilayer TS within 20mins. I am not a fanboy and despise bad service and love to punish companies that have it, vilayer is not one of those companies. So either you are an impatient drama queen that has nothing better going on in life so has to rage about redundant aspects of life or your genuinely misinformed about testing an alpha game and may want to take yourself out of the testing phase seeing as you CLEARLY dont understand it.

I just bought a vilayer server about 4 days ago. It did take awhile to get started, but I think that's just timing. Whgat with this new update, and the upgrades they ahve been doing to their services. For what they are doing. The people I have dealt with have been helpful, the only thing I would have liked to see was some better communication about timeframes for when things will be available...but I know that's hit and miss as well, because you are just exacerbating an issue if you miss an eta with people. I think if I understood better what they were doing and the amount of time it can take, then I wouldn't have bothered them so much. Once the server was up and going its been great. Although I agree that some sort of communication and ETA for when we'll be able to get these going again would be nice. (Like now, none of us can get into the ACp thing to even start it up, and we have no idae how long we'll be waiting or exactly why)

edit: As I typed this Im able to get back into their ACP. Now just have to wait til the update is available.

Edited by The Steak of Life

almost 6 weeks with vilayer and they have only brought my server down for mandatory updates, you may want to take another look at your perspective.

This is an alpha game running on arma2 beta patches with a manual patch distribution system for even the hosts, that means they have to go get the patch and make it into an update for their servers manually thats alot of work hosts usually dont do for servers.

Every problem I have had I have gotten resolved in the vilayer TS within 20mins. I am not a fanboy and despise bad service and love to punish companies that have it, vilayer is not one of those companies. So either you are an impatient drama queen that has nothing better going on in life so has to rage about redundant aspects of life or your genuinely misinformed about testing an alpha game and may want to take yourself out of the testing phase seeing as you CLEARLY dont understand it.

Did you even bother to read my post or did you just knee jerk react? You say you aren't a fan boy but you are posting just like one.

I suspect it is the latter since I've stated a couple times that it has been over 24 hours and no, as in ZERO, response to my support email. This isn't a dayZ bug causing this. The server went down yesterday, nobody from Vilayer was even on their TS yesterday AT ALL.

Gain some reading comprehension and then come back and post something relevant. Good on you for having your problems solved in 20 minutes. That isn't universal though. I suggest YOU remove your self from the testing phase if all you can do is spout garbage in defense of a company that isn't keeping its end of the SLA.

Now.. as of this time I've been able to get into the ACP and get my server up. However, I can't update to 1.7.2.5 and the latest beta version because those options aren't available.

Edited by Rentech

ACP still inaccessible. Friday evening and no way to start my server. This is unacceptable. >:(

Why was it stopped when you werent playing ? No its not against the rules and I dont even know if you had it turned off to protect your precious loot while you werent playing but if you were you deserve to not be able to start it.

Id like to to get on the latest patch, cant even attempt a manual update because the rcon stop command just restarts and I read that the ftp wont accept dll and exe files anyway but im not really sure on that.

Still im not really complaining server is still running fine, it would just be nice if I could do these things without the acp.

Yup ACP is back but still no update available.

Dunno why vilayer takes so long compared to others.

I received my Vilayer server 23H after I ordered it, have had no down time since that was not my doing. Every support ticket I have opened, has been answered in less than 2 hours.

I am sorry you are having problems, but I have to put this out there because people need both sides.

When Vilayer forgot to activate my TS3 10 slot server, they upgraded it to 50 slots for the same price.....

I am happy with them