Sign in to follow this  
firecrow

Vilayer get your crap together

Our server works fine

Our server is up, but I can't restart or update it, I can't log into control panel and I cant access Vilayer.com

This is the 3rd time I have had issues with them. I don't think I shall be using them again. I understand some people have not had any issue's but that does nothing to help those that have.

Yep same here.

I've created anohter ticket and waiting for response.

ACP is down.

Our server runs old version.

Our server is up, but I can't restart or update it, I can't log into control panel and I cant access Vilayer.com

This is the 3rd time I have had issues with them. I don't think I shall be using them again. I understand some people have not had any issue's but that does nothing to help those that have.

same here, sever running fine and can use # commands to restart etc but cant access the Cpanel or website on and off for the last few days. cant update to the latest patch either.

really quite poor.

OK as someone who has 2 servers with them let me explain why things get slow:

1. The server you purchased has not activated/gained CPanel Control - This is usually due to the fact you ordered in a area of short supply of box's and there for they must have new box's shipped there, This is what happened to me!
  2. You can not update your server - ViLayer try to protect there customers servers from being damaged by half finished beta patches and updates (not so much, rockets great). This is why they dont release updates till they have tested them for a day or two. If enough customers go on there TS and ask for the update Lee will add it, but only for manual and at your own risk installation!
  3. Can restart/stop server - This is something i have problems with from time to time, you must remember DayZ now has 1 million users, that makes a lot of server demand. When there system gets flooded with CPanel connections this can slow everyone down in there CPanel and cause things to not work, think of it like
    Peak time or being capped by your ISP!
  4. Email/Support tickets not being replied to - After speaking with Lee most days, I know the small team that is there gets 1000's of tickets a day and when a update is released they often get 1000's a hour! Tickets take time to review, Lee only has a small team basis to help.

Overall ViLayer are one of the best hosts for DayZ and will continue to be so in my eyes. There are other company's out there, and i have tryed a few, there all 4/10's when ViLayer is a good 7/10. Yes all server hosting providers have the same issues as ViLayer, but must have bigger support teams. Vilayer is always improving its servers and service to its customers, everyone needs to just be patient, DayZ is a big demand game and requires lots of resources.

Hope this helped,

Jonny

OK as someone who has 2 servers with them let me explain why things get slow:

Hope this helped,

Jonny

Ok, this is reasonable BUT from someone claiming 24/7 support and zero news/informations about the downtime/works in progress AND without some sort of apologies (via mail or maybe in the homepage or at least an automated message inside TS3) for the problems this may cause is totally UN-PROFESSIONAL.

The bare minimum required is at least an automated reply to emails.

If a hoster is not able to mantain his words then he shouldn't claim 24/7 support.

Edited by Andrej Dudev
  • Like 1

I agree, but you must remember a small hosting provider, goes big over a few months due to DayZ, I am a web designer and with all the server side going on i wouldn't of been able to find the time to email, would of been to busy keeping up with servers!

Jonny4568 the points you called woould be ok for a amateur and ad-based free hosting.

It's not acceptable for professional and paid hosting - as Andrej Dudev said they are claiming 24/7 support which is a lie.

Ok, this is reasonable BUT from someone claiming 24/7 support and zero news/informations about the downtime/works in progress AND without some sort of apologies (via mail or maybe in the homepage or at least an automated message inside TS3) for the problems this may cause is totally UN-PROFESSIONAL.

The bare minimum required is at least an automated reply to emails.

If a hoster is not able to mantain his words then he shouldn't claim 24/7 support.

this

there are some issues some time, the other day ACP was down, yep. Maintenance or update or w/e, dont care. I can do whatever I need to via RCON anyway. I had zero actual serverdowntimes caused by vilayer, the times my server was down was due to hacking reports, which will cause me to just take it down and check the logs respectively once I have the time for it.

I personally appreciate the service vilayer supply, emails on updates/patches, ready to go patch packs with additional content (BE Script files), early access to updates (as they are just the biggest hoster) and so on and so on. The support is not excessive, but in TS you usually find help, and if after some waiting. Nobody ever claimed that you´ll be serviced within a minute, get real. This business doesnt exactly offer massive margins, especially as the racks youre offered here are top notch and not overloaded to sell a slot twice. Support is expensive, and you´re being services here by those that actually are working on the servers as well, qualified technicians. I found a new employee the other day, so they are staffing up, although, as f4ll3n said, they are taking a massive risk jumping into a alpha game mod in such a massive scale right there.

This business doesnt exactly offer massive margins, especially as the racks youre offered here are top notch and not overloaded to sell a slot twice. Support is expensive, and you´re being services here by those that actually are working on the servers as well, qualified technicians. I found a new employee the other day, so they are staffing up, although, as f4ll3n said, they are taking a massive risk jumping into a alpha game mod in such a massive scale right there.

You have no idear. Take 1 rack and run 6 arma servers on it and you think the margins wont be good? To me running 6 arma servers on 1 rack and charging by the slot is fail when it doesnt matter if you run 20 slots or 50 slots on arma. Server will use the same cpu power. ^^