reuter

A mechanic to prevent DayZ turning into a massive DM

He's completely right too. This mechanic would also punish long-term survivors anyway; it's PVP' date=' you will end up killing someone and ,unless you feel like carebearing it up with randoms, your going to kill more people the longer you're alive for.[/quote']

Then change the formula a little bit:

Kills * 0,5 - Playtime in hours = Respawn Penalty in hours

As an example: Let's say someone is joining the coastal-beanwar-elitism in Cherno and gains 5 kills within half an hour before getting killed himself. That gives him a 2 hour Respawn Penalty. A bandit that kills 5 people and is smart enough to stay alive for at least 2,5 hours will not have a pentalty at all.

Hate to say it' date=' but it's a bit carebeary.

[/quote']

I hate this term, since i have nothing in common with a "carebear". I only group up with people i know and kill everyone else on sight. And I kill because it is an easy decision. But it really shouldn't be.

however there really ought to be a mechanic that makes people think twice before taking a life.
Yes, it's called "giving away your position to his buddies".

Me and my partner ambushed three guys chilling in a field. I downed two, third put a bullet in me and i couldn't see stuff. Then a fourth came up from a flank and shot us both.

1) they were not careful enough and thus i managed to kill 2;

2) we didn't see the fourth guy and he flanked us.

This is pretty much how it works IRL.

I still haven't surpassed the gear i had after two days.

You think it's easy to shoot people because you always end up on the receiving end and therefore think the universe is somehow unfair to you when, in fact, you are just bad at the game. Man up.

Let the negreps flow.

He's completely right too. This mechanic would also punish long-term survivors anyway; it's PVP' date=' you will end up killing someone and ,unless you feel like carebearing it up with randoms, your going to kill more people the longer you're alive for.[/quote']

Then change the formula a little bit:

Kills * 0,5 - Playtime in hours = Respawn Penalty in hours

As an example: Let's say someone is joining the coastal-beanwar-elitism in Cherno and gains 5 kills within half an hour before getting killed himself. That gives him a 2 hour Respawn Penalty. A bandit that kills 5 people and is smart enough to stay alive for at least 2,5 hours will not have a pentalty at all.

Hate to say it' date=' but it's a bit carebeary.

[/quote']

I hate this term, since i have nothing in common with a "carebear". I only group up with people i know and kill everyone else on sight. And I kill because it is an easy decision. But it really shouldn't be.

People like you ruined Ultima Online in 1998 (murder system with skill loss). I really hope rocket will not listen to the anti PvP cry fest here.

People like you ruined Ultima Online in 1998 (murder system with skill loss). I really hope rocket will not listen to the anti PvP cry fest here.

I don't know nothing about this Ultima Online shit.

But please' date=' if your only motivation is to randomly rage then stay away from this thread.

This is clearly the [b']SUGGESTION section therefore it is legit to discuss certain ideas. Posting BS on the other hand, is not.

If you'd read Rocket interviews you'd know none of this will be ever implemented unless this goes commercial and out of his control.

You want to limit PvP in a pure PvP game and call my opinion bullshit?

I assume you're clearly playing the wrong game if you think it is PvP-only. And in case of DayZ PvP doesn't mean you have to kill everybody on sight. This is the easy way. I don't like easy.

The thing is that DayZ doesn't really try to be anything. You can play it as full PvP only and there is nothing wrong with that. Or full PvE game, if you so please. Or mixture of those two. All of those playstyles are just as valid. That is what makes DayZ so unique. Being the ultimate sandbox game where you can freely be rotten bastard, or not and the only thing that's gonna punish you is the community. If anyone.

however there really ought to be a mechanic that makes people think twice before taking a life.
Yes' date=' it's called "giving away your position to his buddies".

Me and my partner ambushed three guys chilling in a field. I downed two, third put a bullet in me and i couldn't see stuff. Then a fourth came up from a flank and shot us both.

1) they were not careful enough and thus i managed to kill 2;

2) we didn't see the fourth guy and he flanked us.

This is pretty much how it works IRL.

I still haven't surpassed the gear i had after two days.

You think it's easy to shoot people because you always end up on the receiving end and therefore think the universe is somehow unfair to you when, in fact, you are just bad at the game. Man up.

Let the negreps flow.

[/quote']

not strong enough of a consequence, especially for those that don't care if they die or not. something that will make people wonder if the person they are going to murder is worth it, rocket said that he will implement some sort consequence for killing, but not penalties. i hope it's good

I assume you're clearly playing the wrong game if you think it is PvP-only. And in case of DayZ PvP doesn't mean you have to kill everybody on sight. This is the easy way. I don't like easy.

There are PvE Servers in DayZ? You sure?

Allright' date=' now you're getting ridiculous.

Just in case you've forgotton what PvE means: Player vs. Environment.

Zombies, Temperature, Nighttime, Hunger, Thirst... Don't they all fit in the idea of "Environment"?

[hr']

If you'd read Rocket interviews you'd know none of this will be ever implemented unless this goes commercial and out of his control.

Right. But he also implemented the bandit skins in the first place because PvP got out of control.

Allright' date=' now you're getting ridiculous.

Just in case you've forgotton what PvE means: Player vs. Environment.

Zombies, Temperature, Nighttime, Hunger, Thirst... Don't they all fit in the idea of "Environment"?

[hr']

Right. But he also implemented the bandit skins in the first place because PvP got out of control.

Just in case you dont know. PvP Servers normally have all the rules and content of the PvE Servers + PvP ;) Your terminology is wrong.

Find it strange that the PvP fans argue with "in real life" or "in a real apocalypse"... i doubt 90% of the view people left on this world would kill each other on sight like it is now in this game. In fact you d be whining from happiness to see another human being to be your company. Of course there would be killings (or just brawls... that should be implemented btw), but mainly because of food, water medicine... I doubt the bandits in the game frag because of food and water the other ones might have.

Just in case you dont know. PvP Server normally have all the rules and content of the PvE Servers + PvP ;) Your terminology is wrong.

You're maybe right. I've never played any MMORPG Bullshit, therefore I'm not used to certain terminology.

I'm just sticking to the description in the Wikipedia.

Reuter your idea of punishing players for killing other players is plain retarded.

Want arguments? Say one gets jumped by say 4 players and somehow gets lucky or outskills them and drops them all, 10 minutes later he's sniped by "some asshole bandit", now he's punished for killing the "assholes" who jumped him, and the "asshole" who shot him punishes him by ruining his day - that's extremly fair.

Find it strange that the PvP fans argue with "in real life" or "in a real apocalypse"... i doubt 90% of the view people left on this world would kill each other on sight like it is now in this game.

You got my point. It has to be a tough decision to kill anybody.

Reuter your idea of punishing players for killing other players is plain retarded.

Want arguments? Say one gets jumped by say 4 players and somehow gets lucky or outskills them and drops them all' date=' 10 minutes later he's sniped by "some asshole bandit", now he's punished for killing the "assholes" who jumped him, and the "asshole" who shot him punishes him by ruining his day - that's extremly fair.

[/quote']

What makes you so sure about the 4 players engaging in the first place? They eventually don't want to suffer from a penalty either.

Furthermore, if you have the skill to outsmart 4 players, you potentially have the skill to avoid getting shot by a an "asshole bandit" also.

What makes you so sure about the 4 players engaging in the first place? They eventually don't want to suffer from a penalty either.

I would buy the game 10 times and play with the account that is currently open.

I won't. What's your point?

Your anti PvP solution would not change a thing. It would only force players to buy more licenses of the game.

Your anti PvP solution would not change a thing. It would only force players to buy more licenses of the game.

If it prevents the majority of people from griefing/useless deathmatch then the job is done.

That penalty thing again.

All PvP Players have to fight PvE too. They are getting cold, hungry, thirsty and so on.

There are different playstyles in this game. You're free to do what you want.

Kill People? Do it.

Team up with others? Do it.

Steal Beans? Do it.

Kill most Zombies ever? Do it.

Get a Bus and make a Transport Company? Do it.

Try to live forever? Do it.

Players who raise this Suggestions to punish others have one thing in common. They think their personal preferences and playstyle is the only valid and all others are playing the game wrong. And thats not only wrong, its very arrogant too.

If it prevents the majority of people from griefing/useless deathmatch then the job is done.

You mean most of the PK's quit so you could PvE more easy. You like easy?

Players who raise this Suggestions to punish others have one thing in common. They think their personal preferences and playstyle is the only valid and all others are playing the game wrong. And thats not only wrong' date=' its very arrogant too.

[/quote']

I don't have that in mind. As I said earlier, I'm also killing others. But is is way too easy and without any game mechanic that makes killing a tough decision you don't have to regret anything - unlike in real life.

Players don't want DayZ to become a game that majorly focuses on Deathmatch. I am just one of them. Most of the wonderful stories you've read won't happen anymore if everyone is just a KOS. rocket asked for a mechanic, so I posted a suggestion. Don't call me arrogant for doing so.

The coastal beanwars will probably stop. But I don't think that smart bandits will be affected by this penalty at all. So the danger of getting shot anytime will remain.

Please don't forget: The main idea is to make your own life much more valuable. Since most of the longtime palyers already have tents, Respawning at the beach doesn't mean that much.

Players who raise this Suggestions to punish others have one thing in common. They think their personal preferences and playstyle is the only valid and all others are playing the game wrong. And thats not only wrong' date=' its very arrogant too.

[/quote']

I don't have that in mind. As I said earlier, I'm also killing others. But is is way too easy and without any game mechanic that makes killing a tough decision you don't have to regret anything - unlike in real life.

Players don't want DayZ to become a game that majorly focuses on Deathmatch. I am just one of them. Most of the wonderful stories you've read won't happen anymore if everyone is just a KOS. rocket asked for a mechanic, so I posted a suggestion. Don't call me arrogant for doing so.

The coastal beanwars will probably stop. But I don't think that smart bandits will be affected by this penalty at all. So the danger of getting shot anytime will remain.

I still dont get it, whats the problem with the "coastal beanwars". You can always stay away. The map is > 200km² in size.