Sign in to follow this  
kev.long@live.com

New to server hosting, a few questions.

So I just recently rented a server and got it up and running for my clan. I read the FAQ and helped me figure out how to change all settings on the server, got that done.

Need help with these two things:

How do I edit the server name so it appears on the server list as (SERVER NAME: 3D:1 CH:1) Currently only states that it is veteran and nothing else.

Also, how do I go about scheduling rolling restarts every 12 hours, with an admin warning message.

Sorry if these questions are a bit simple to do, just new to this.

Thanks for any help.

How do I edit the server name so it appears on the server list as (SERVER NAME: 3D:1 CH:1) Currently only states that it is veteran and nothing else.

Edit hostname in server.cfg

Also, how do I go about scheduling rolling restarts every 12 hours, with an admin warning message.

There are a few different ways to go about this, I use BEC. Not sure what your options are with a hosted server, but they should be able to list them for you.

• Like 1

Edit hostname in server.cfg

There are a few different ways to go about this, I use BEC. Not sure what your options are with a hosted server, but they should be able to list them for you.

Thanks, I took a peak at BEC, how does it work? Do I need to add it somewhere to my server files? I downloaded it and it's a .msi