infinitegrim

Low Res Textures....

Anyone else feel like certain skins, vehicles, and weapons have been selected from other expansion packs so that people buy them? The most annoying example is the L85 with thermal. The scope is MUCH nicer if you have the correct expansion.

I usually dont ask for anything for free, but Bohemia Interactive should either give us all PMC and BAF for free as a thanks for the HUGE influx of sales, or atleast gives us all the high res textures for everything included in this mod. Because of the players playing dayz and word of mouth Arma 2's sales have skyrocketted making Bohemia tons of extra $$$.

Speaking of which, someone said that there are high-rez player skins as well?, is this true and if so then what expansion do you need to purchase?

Well I think the idea was rocket wanted to use a variety of guns/textures that couldnt be found in OA so he used some from BAF and PMC. It wasnt so that you had to buy more stuff it was just a matter of what was and wasnt avaliable. My thoughts anyway.

Speaking of which, someone said that there are high-rez player skins as well?, is this true and if so then what expansion do you need to purchase?

Private Military Company

The biggest problem that I see with this is that things look different on everyone's screens which could give people advantages over others.

You'd need both Private Military Company and British Armed Forces (basically called "ARMA 2: Reinforcements") if you really want all the things to be high-resolution.

The PMC-DLC gives high-res textures to the default player-skins and maybe one or two other things that I cannot name from the top of my head. However, even though the PMC-DLC has the AS50 included (if you check in the Armory while owning PMC only you'll have an AS50 with high-res textures), the AS50 in DayZ will still have blurry textures!

The BAF-DLC gives high-res textures to the Camo Clothing skin, the Ghillie Suit skin (the BAF-Ghillie seems to have better-fitting colours for Chernarus, which may be why rocket took those over the ones from the USMC/Chedaki), one (or more?) vehicles (Old Hatchback but I may be wrong on this) and the AS50.

Edited by TachiFoxy

Anyone else feel like certain skins, vehicles, and weapons have been selected from other expansion packs so that people buy them? The most annoying example is the L85 with thermal. The scope is MUCH nicer if you have the correct expansion.

I usually dont ask for anything for free, but Bohemia Interactive should either give us all PMC and BAF for free as a thanks for the HUGE influx of sales, or atleast gives us all the high res textures for everything included in this mod. Because of the players playing dayz and word of mouth Arma 2's sales have skyrocketted making Bohemia tons of extra $$$.

I guess Blizard should just make mists of pandaria free then because so many people bought the other expansions

Edited by outlawxxable

Odd I never saw these expansions on Steam. I guess I never really looked though...

They were on sale for $5.99 during the Steam Summer Sale.

At this point it's not worth throwing $20 on full set of high res skins... They need to make a high res skin dlc and give it one price like $2-5...

I wouldn't worry about buying expac, just for some better textures. Don't have to kill things and make it look pretty.