Sign in to follow this  
koze

Suggestions for Alt + F4 issue.

• When someone disconnects into the lobby, their name pops up on your screen (like it does when someone disconnects from the game.) and people can record firefights and post it on the forums then the moderators can decide if they Alt+F4'd to avoid death. There is a factor of meta gaming though, so maybe it could be made so that you have to be in range say maybe a KM or so?

• When someone leaves a server and joins another, he cannot join the first server he was in for a small period of time. This is to prevent server teleporting, which is when you see someone in the distance, you leave the game, you join another server, and abort somewhere behind or close to where you think that person was, join the first server again and kill them.

I though of some other ideas such as if you abort while bleeding you die on next rejoin, but I think thats maybe a bit harsh. And also with the number of hackers at the moment teleporting whole servers into one destination I dont think its necessary.

What do you think?

EDIT: If someone leaves a server, he can rejoin it. But he leaves it, joins another one, he cant join the first one for a period of time.

Edited by koze

Problem with this idea is this. People who alt f4 do so for different reasons and so putting limitations on everyone because select group do it is wrong. If you manage to get the whole ordeal on video this won't be necessary.

Also take into account that admins are people and do not work together so everyone will have a different opinion on each situation granting unfair bans especially if the admin is involved.

I would say not worry about this stuff anymore in the mod considering the final game will come out but a neat suggestion for the standalone. Once the hacking issue is resolved, I believe leaving a server would grant some kind of penalty.

Leaving to avoid death is probably going to be a problem for a while, the magnitude might change but its still gonna happen. Deciding if someone did it or not is always opinion because what if someone is in a firefight and the internet goes off, or something happens with the game. It is impossible to tell, and yes mostly its not gonna be peoples internet or whatever but its still too much speculation.

alt f4 when a hackers after you is legit... and without that option this unplayable mod is even more unplayable.

alt f4 when a hackers after you is legit... and without that option this unplayable mod is even more unplayable.

did you even read anything? I have nothing against Alt+F4ing, read it again.

Edited by koze

i like it. Until there are real solid fixes for the disconnecters (10seconds to log out; cant log out for 10seconds after you did any action or got shot) you only should be allowed to join every 5minutes or so a new server.

this might not work, as stated in a changelog for Day Z, rocket tried to implant a 5 second delay before you are fully loged out (including if you alt+f4), however, the ARMA 2 engine is preventing it from happening

might work with standalone, when the hackers arnt around as much (i do admit that i alt+f4'd but it was to escape a hacker that teleported me to the airfield, serounded by beartraps and in the open so he could kill me)

Alt-F4 doesnt even work for me, but I dont even use it.

Though it sucks I have to go through menus when I have to go.

But, seems like most people who do complain about this, are kill on sight deathmatchers, correct me if I'm wrong.

Suggestions for no search in forums

Your comment doesnt make sence, but what I think your trying to say is search the forums before you post a thread incase someone has already posted it? Yes I did, but none of them had these two ideas, but only a bunch of people bitching about how they need to be fixed. I actually thought of something that they could use to stop people from abusing Alt+F4.

Either way, go get yourself a dictionary.