Sign in to follow this  
lighthammer2531

Possible FIX Battleye errors for RETAIL users - You Were Kicked Off The Game

This post is NOT intended for Steam users… This is a potential fix for retail users with regard to Battleye errors.

My ARMA 2 collection includes the following:

1 - AMRA II – Retail / DVD Version (1.01)

2 - ARMA II Operation Arrowhead – Retail / DVD Version

3 - ARMA II Private Military Company (Full) – Retail / Digital Version

4 - ARMA II British Armed Forces (Full) – Retail / Digital Version

Like many, I was getting the Battleye errors for several days and all I could find was post regarding Steam installations of the game. The errors I was getting was:

A - You were kicked off the game

B - Client not responding

C - Session lost

I emailed Battleye in order to see if they could help with the issue. They responded with:

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I can't really help you there. This is not a BE-related kick. The only thing I can suggest is to reinstall DayZ or even your game (these kicks are often caused by a wrong/broken installation).

Regards,

Bastian Suter

Based on this I continued reinstalling the game and manually changing the Battleye dll’s. I tried several beta patches hoping it would fix the issue but that didn’t work either… So here is what I did… I completely uninstalled the game and all expansions. I reinstalled using the following steps:

1 - Install ARMA II (My DVD is the 1.01 version)

2 - Start ARMA II (Make sure there are no errors)

3 - Download and install the 1.05 Update “ARMA2Update_105”

4 - Start the game after applying the 1.05 update and ensure there are no errors.

5 - Download and install the 1.11 Update “ARMA2Patch_1_05_to_111”

6 - Start the game after applying the 1.11 update and ensure there are no errors.

(I know that the ARMA II Operation Arrowhead DVD has the 1.06 patch, however using that patch landed me in the same position every time for several days. This is why I used the above method.)

After applying these steps, ARMA II is fully updated. The next step is to attempt to log on to a server. Battleye may still error… In fact it did for me. I downloaded and installed the most recent Battleye dll’s from the Battleye site and placed them in the appropriate directory. Below in a summary of the steps I took:

1 - Under “v1.11 / v1.60” within the downloads section of the Battleye site, I downloaded the files within the links labeled “BE Client for Windows (32-bit) - MD5: 6c3fc9824f0f7a548fcbac0171b14c65” & “BE Server for Windows (32-bit) - MD5: bec263db382d16b2c52b1e2e58d5e6dd”. (These files are “BEClient.dll” & “BEServer.dll”)

2 - I placed these files within – Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\BattlEye

3 - I started ARMA II and attempted to log in to a server

After that, Battleye started to initialize so I believed I was on the correct path. After Battleye updated, my client started shutting down and I still haven’t figured out why. Being that my goal was to get the DayZ working, I did not pay any attention to this issue.

After ARMA II was successfully installed, I started installing ARMA II Operation Arrowhead using the following steps:

1 - Install ARMA II Operation Arrowhead (The installer will let you know that you have a newer version of ARMA II on your system and it will not load the 1.06 patch)

2 - Start ARMA II Operation Arrowhead and ensure there are no errors.

3 - Download and install the 1.60 Update “ARMA2OA_Update_160”

4 - Start the game after applying the 1.60 update and ensure there are no errors.

5 - Download and install the 1.62 Update “ARMA2OA_Update_162”

6 - Start the game after applying the 1.62 update and ensure there are no errors.

After this, ARMA II Operation Arrowhead was fully updated and the next step was to attempt to join a server. Battleye initialized! Rather than getting the “You were kicked off the game” or “Session lost” errors, Battleye attempted to update but failed. It was making several attempts and just not working. After this I went to the Battleye site and downloaded the most recent ARMA II Operation Arrowhead Battleye files. Here are the steps I took:

1 - Under “v1.62” within the downloads section of the Battleye site, I downloaded the files within the links labeled “BE Client for Windows (32-bit) - MD5: 765bcdfca5738b2aeb151ee6a6bd3559” & “BE Server for Windows (32-bit) - MD5: 4c21526a479dda72fdb8d61c41c875e7”. (These files are “BEClient.dll” & “BEServer.dll” – Just like within the previous steps for ARMA II)

2 - I placed “BEClient.dll” & “BEServer.dll” within – Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\BattlEye

3 - I placed another copy of “BEClient.dll” (For Operation Arrowhead 1.62) within - Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye

4 - I started ARMA II Operation Arrowhead and attempted to log in to a server

I had success! No Battleye issues at all… I was able to log in to any server running Battleye… The next step was to see if this had fixed Battleye DayZ errors. I installed the “ARMA2_OA_Build_95417” beta patch and installed the @DayZ mod folder into my main ARMA 2 directory. After that I started Operation Arrowhead in order to ensure that beta patch installed properly. I exited the game and opened “DayZ Commander” and clicked on any server that matched my specs. I was able to log in successfully to pretty much any server that fit my specs.

After all of this, I installed the Private Military Company & British Armed Forces expansion and ran the 1.62 update “ARMA2OA_Update_162” again. No issues after that. I cannot promise this will work for everyone but it worked for me and I hope people find this information useful.

i've been getting this issue where when im loading i get no message received and disconnect or when im in the game for 1 min it'll happen again any idea about that?

i've been getting this issue where when im loading i get no message received and disconnect or when im in the game for 1 min it'll happen again any idea about that?

No idea... Before I followed any of the steps in my tutorial I wasnt able to make it in to ANY game. Meaning, even if the game did not require mods I still could not get in because of Battleye. At this point it seems you're doing better than me when I started LOL. All I know is... These steps caused Battleye to initialize properly for me. I dont know why its so touchy and I really do not know what the exact issue on my end was. I just kept trying different methods from scratch until I arrived at this one.

Edited by Lighthammer2531

I applaud the detail in which you have described your process; I wish more posts were like that.

Thanks :) Unfortunately, as you know, there is no one size fits all 'fix-it' approach to ARMA 2 errors... It would be nice but the reality is what it is... So far I have not encountered any issues using the process stated above. If anyone is attempting this process I hope they are following every detail...