Sign in to follow this  
Lil B Da Based God

Playing = Headache Inducing/Nerve wracking?

I love this game. I'll be honest. Even though this game will kick your ass sometimes, I've learned a lot in just the first few lives, even on my third or fourth run through I'm doing infinitely better. Though, this game has some odd physical effects and was wondering if anyone else was feeling the same. The game gives me mad headaches. It's also extremely nerve wracking sometimes, like earlier when i was looting a Supermarket, when you're avoiding zombies and players and trying to do everything right and not set anything off. Anyone feel the same? I must say, i love the feeling of it being nerve wracking, it seriously means the creators are doing something right with the game.

Strangely enough, I actually did get the start of a bad headache from playing yesterday. I think its to do with the extreme concentration, and the large gravitational pull the monitor has when the action starts happening. I'll literally find myself about 20cm from the screen after an intense firefight.

And yeah, never has a game induced as much adrenalin and nervousness as this game. Its great.

Sounds like you need to get comfortable.

I definitely agree with you about the nerve wracking nature of this game, but as I play more I'm just trying to stay relaxed and think clearly no matter what the situation is. Just play some more, live, die, and just stay relaxed

When I'm playing, I just get this kick. It's almost like when I'm out hunting, or when the shit goes down (IRL). The adrenaline just makes me feel in the moment, and (idk) alive. Raiding a store, sweeping an area, or sniping, it comes on. My hands shake afterwards, my head hearts, and I have an addiction to more DayZ. It's weird, but I get the same kick from DayZ as I do from hunting, fighting, and other dangerous/exciting things. I'm sure that you'll find other people have similar experiences.

Im a wreck when i play this

My hand started shaking the last time i encountered players

so i took the chance to say to my friend "MAH HANDS ARE SHAKIN, MAH HANDS ARE SHAKING, BUT IM STILL SHOOTIN AND IM STILL GETTIN THE HEADSHOTS"

• Like 1

so i took the chance to say to my friend "MAH HANDS ARE SHAKIN, MAH HANDS ARE SHAKING, BUT IM STILL SHOOTIN AND IM STILL GETTIN THE HEADSHOTS"

Ahahahah that's good stuff dude. I stumbled upon a gigantic cache of weapons from a hacker that was no where to be found, i obviously heard shots and picked up an M4A1 CCO SD and eight clips and seriously got out of there. I wished i could have stayed longer but I was risking quite a bit. My heart immediately dropped when i saw it. I'm still waiting for my Ghillie to spawn for me! ^^

No I don't feel stress like that when I play a video game eyestrain used to be a common issue with the old CRT displays. Though this is one of the few games that get y heart pumping when shots start to ring out!

Would love to see an FPSDoug review of this game :D

Me and my partner have had a few mornings were we have woken up flogged out after a 4- 6 hour session we call it the ' Dayz hangover '

Playing in 3rd person helps this a lot. My friend gets motion sickness from ARMA in 1st person even with head bob at 0. Other shooters don't effect him this way. Just ARMA. He also has a huge monitor too so I think that is part of the problem. If he plays in 3rd person he is usually good for at least an hour.