own3mall

Pick a spawn, give players maps by default, fix glitches on platforms, + more

Hi All,

I'm new to DayZ, and I know it's still in Alpha, but I've come up with a list of suggestions that I think would enhance the game:

1. When players first connect to a server or are dead and are trying to respawn, could you allow players to pick their desired spawn location? I'd like to meet up with my friend that I play with, and as it stands now, it takes hours to do so. If we could pick a spawn, we could meetup a lot faster.

2. Show players a map with spawnpoints we can pick from when respawning or connecting.

3. Allow us to use the knife as a weapon.

4. Keep zombies from running / attacking players through walls.

5. I've glitched out on platforms several times. I'll be running along, and suddenly, I will just fall out of the sky and die. It makes no sense.

6. Smooth climbing ladders... it takes about 2 minutes for my character to start walking up a ladder.

7. Zombies shouldn't be able to kill me when I'm at the top of a ladder from the base of a ladder.

8. Give all players a map to start with. This open world environment is too big to not give us one. I'd have a map with me if I was surviving... wouldn't have to go and find one.

I'm sure I'll come up with a few more ideas, but that's all for now. Let me know what you guys think.

Use the search feature please.

All of the ideas are bad except for 3.

These are just bugs, so they don't belong here.

1. Something like a spawnsystem would be okay ya

2. Only for the start but the spawn should still be somewhere around that area. (so we dont have spawncampers)

3. +1

4. +1

5. Arma2 Glitch i dont think you can fix it in the code

6. Same as above its arma2 not the code

7. so you dont camp on a ladder and u are unkillable? nope.avi

8. NOPE! I dont have a map here all the time so i would need to find one!

Well, I can agree with some of this.

I do find it annoying that when I play with friends we can spawn SOOO far away from each other. We know where we are. And there's not really a challenge walking across the coast so it's not a matter of skill you can say "You just suck at the game" at.

So, getting to spawn somewhere specific or spawn with a group isn't something that detracts or goes against the general design.

Other than that, what you say are bugs and should be fixed at some point.

Not sure how I feel about maps... on one hand the ambiguity of locations and getting to know the place... has some appeal. On the other hand, it is nice to be able to set a goal and you still have to go places. No fast travel.

No offence but all your ideas are bad, if you have a look through the forum and play the game more you'll come to understand.

1, 2. no, part of the challenge to make it by yourself, consider it, a right of passage, if you can make it to the rendezvou point, then you can make it else where.

3. sure why not, if the engine can

4, 5, 6, 7 are gliches and engine limitation, not suggestions

8. no, part of the challenge is to find your bearings and your way, besides not like there are maps online which people can cheat off of anyway

you trying to make the game easy?

I agree with the knife part, it shouldn't be hacking and slashing but it should be something like sneaking up withing 3 meters of a zombies back then getting the alternative to do a silent kill on that lone zombie if you have a knife in your inventory.

You say all this like it's absolutely piss-easy to do, and that you're the only one who's suggested it.

Fuck no to selective spawn points.