Fabarooni

I'd like to see clothing in DayZ

I got this idea earlier today, and when I checked the forum tonight I saw that skins were becoming lootable, so I figured I'd throw my 10 cents into the pot.

A few nights ago, my friends and I finally managed to join a server, but we were caught in the rain. Instantly our temperatures were dropping, and we were all fresh spawns so we didn't have any fire wood, and we were all spread out so we had to all meet up and get gear. By the time we had finally met up, we were starting to get sick.

I actually thought this was one of the most amazing experiences I've had in a game so far. Even though our stressed and lengthy trek to the hospital in Cherno ended with a bandit killing all 4 of us, I found the hunt for antibiotics, fire wood, and matches one of the most thrilling things ever.

This gave me an idea though: What if clothing became an equipment that you could use to give certain advantages over the environment?

Example: If you found rain gear, you could equip it so that you didn't lose temperature (or at least your temperature loss was greatly slowed) in the rain. Or if you found camouflage, you could hide your name from far away bandits (on regular servers), and simply blend in better with your surroundings when you were on a server with no tags.

This would also mean you could visually distinguish each other. Right now, the skins don't look the same to each player, so me and my friends kept confusing each other for randoms. I couldn't just think "John has a black shirt, jason has a white shirt" and we all communicate based on those lines, because to jason, John had a white shirt.

I know the inventory system is already really cluttered, but I'd love to see your clothing become a part of this amazing mod. I think it makes perfect sense if you're going to have temperature be part of the game.

+vote

Also, some clothing could add pockets, like a jacket, or cargo pants or some such? Only problem I can think of is making all the models and making them work with the game.

Pretty sure Rocket is already planning on implementing this into Day Z.