NukeLord

OP ED: Picking Female Skin Pros and Cons

First off, i'm a guy.

I wanted to try an experiment with KoS mentality and if picking a female skin would help me not get shot immediately (working under some bizarre assumption that cold-blooded killers will hesitate when they see a pony tail). So, I picked the female skin and actually did quite well for myself. I was fully geared up- NVG's...etc.. the works.. silenced M4. In fact- the best life i've had in DayZ to date. Well, here's the sad part. I found a ghillie suit and it said "sorry, female chars. can't wear ghillies!!"

Well, i'm just sad now. I wanted to wookie around and all that good stuff.

I devised a plan. I told my buddy- shoot me in the head and I'll respawn and come grab my stuff. This time i'll be a male (bandit sentiments be damed!) and so i'll be able to rock my chewie garb. Well, luck has it i respawn 2 klicks from my dropped gear! What luck! I start sprinting back to my stuff and when i'm 100 m away- the fucking server restarts. I lost everything.

So.

Long story short.

FML. Being a lady was fun for a bit- but damnit anyway.

They can't have new skins apparently. Im a noob still but found that out rather quickly. Now its all male characters from here on. Oh well.

You seem to have my luck OP. Well, when a male character anyway :)

They can't have new skins apparently. Im a noob still but found that out rather quickly. Now its all male characters from here on. Oh well.

You seem to have my luck OP. Well, when a male character anyway :)

Yeah- best to be true to oneself!

In this world of kill everything, Having boobs does not stop me from pulling the trigger on your fine rack,

Hehe- what if they introduced bikini skins?

Or even better- Children skins?

I'm kinda interested in a comment I heard in a live stream ..... Do female characters run 5% slower than male characters?

hehe- what if they introduced bikini skins?

Or even better- Children skins?

children would apparently require a lot of work because you need a new skeleton for animations.

Good to see that for every few random sexual harassments/assaults, there's the occasional bit of chivalrous ceasefire.

I'm kinda interested in a comment I heard in a live stream ..... Do female characters run 5% slower than male characters?

Yes seems that way, keep having to stop for the wife to catch up. She may stop using that skin just because of the light coloured pants.

boobs unfortunatley don't work the same as a bullet proof vest. I'm not tryin to pro-create...

I used to always be the female, but then once the hero skin came out I tried it and was amazed at how many people don't kill me. So, that's all I use anymore. But, I really wish there was a female hero skin.

I think the amount of guys using the female skin to appear less threatening has actually backfired and made the skin seem more threatening to some people.

I started using the female survivor after finding my first ghillie suit and having it eat my entire inventory, so I took the female skin so I wouldn't make that mistake again until they patched it. But I keep using the female skin for one reason... the breathing and movement sounds. When the male survivors run around, they make all sorts of random noises from their equipment... like an entrenching tool bumping against a canteen with every step and a set of janitor's keys jingling. Once they get winded... they start sounding like that Adam Sandler Fatty McGee Skit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrC9qU6D6xY

It just bugs the fuck out of me.

The females don't make all that additional noise, and the breathing sound isn't nearly as annoying. The female skin and model is ugly as hell, and looks like an orangutan while running, but I rarely use third-person so that doesn't bother me. I don't really care what I look like, but not having to listen to Fatty McGee makes it worth using.

Edited by Lupin-III