Sign in to follow this  
A.Williams

Realism ideas

Fishing,crafting weapons/tools,farming,zombie free servers,usable seats and beds and so on,shelters rafts ladders and barricades buildable from trees/wood/wreckage. Also basic items and secondary weapons should stay with you if you die

Fishing- good idea

Craftable weapons/tools- Not a crafting fan, maybe modifying/maintaining though?

Farming- For realism purposes,no. Since farming takes so long for things to grow IRL, not to mention you'd have to camp the same area for huge periods of time.

Seats and Beds- I'm assuming for sleeping? I don't want to see a sleep mechanic in this game, or any other way to force limited play time.

Barricading buildings- Already possible if you know where to put barbed wire/sandbags

Keeping basic/secondary items- Horrible idea. Have the fun in this game is scavenging. What would be the point of dying if you got to keep a bunch of your stuff, including a gun?

Zombie free servers- Again, horrible idea. Even in zombie servers the zombies aren't that hard to deal with.

Find someone elses farm, camp til server restart, kill when they gather food.

This just seems like an easy way to get yourself killed.

Find someone elses farm, camp til server restart, kill when they gather food.

This just seems like an easy way to get yourself killed.

People like this simply have no vision for a game, and want the same basic cookie cutter crap over and over again. This game will need some innovative and creative ideas to stay afloat long-term. It is an MMO, meaning you won't see a Day Z II, or III, etc for a very long time but it is the basic platform for the game (expansions may come later, depending on popularity). With that being said why wouldn't you want as much things to do in this game as possible? Looting, killing zombies/players, dying... Gets pretty boring fast. Add in some base building, crafting, meaningless things (card games suggested, etc), as well as things like fishing/farming and you are really building an immersive game that is beyond the FPS people seem to think it's all about.

An apocalyptic free-roam, persistant MMO world where the players drive the community, economy, etc has been something that has been wanted for a very long time within the community. This is as-close as it is. Another thing, Zombies are a small part of this game and not the main focus as some people would think. It's just a little sugar on top. This game is a HORRIBLE zombie game, period. DayZ Zombies suck (and I am sure will suck even more in SA if they make them run indoors/etc.) It is a much better survival game, but I do like the addition of the zombies as it brings in that "enemy/creature" NPC aspect of the game. Would also like to see some animals in the wild that can be of a threat. Mountain lions, cougars, snakes, etc.

• Like 1

If this is supposed to be Realism why would you keep your gun when you die? That's not realistic.

Farming would be good from the point of view of ensuring a balanced diet so that long-lived survivors don't get malnourished/scurvy - see my 'Medical System Overhail' (I know - it should be overhaul but made a typo...) thread.

Edited by Roshi

I hate nearly every suggestion you made, except fishing and barricades for making forts etc.