underpaidorphan

DayZ has become Deathmatch / Team Deathmatch

Unfortunately this game community and the concept of survival has been flushed down the toilet. To no fault of 'rocket', but the mass of people just simple shoot to kill for seeing a shiny gun on your back.

Keep in mind, there is a difference between "carebear" antics and how the game is now with shoot on sight 99.9% of the time.

It goes as far as, "at gas station in Cherno, friendly?" and a group of strangers banding together to seeing that same group die 5 minutes later after some deathmatch stranger finds them through chat.

I really do like the idea of SOME people taking this play style, and it will always be there, but it has gotten way to out of hand.

TL; DR: The game is pulling a RE5 and slipping into "Action/Horror Survival". Uninstalled for now and will re-download when the beta/final version releases. Best of luck to you 'rocket'. Hope the community shapes up a bit.

Don't really need luck with the game uninstalled :P

But I do wish 'rocket' some luck. I enjoyed his quote about the game going to shit, but it being the zombie apocalypse has nothing to do with the gameplay elements that are out of hand.

although about ninty percent of the players now are all shoot first ask later types there are still friendlies out there. but once you start really making your way around youlle lose trust which is good cause you become emotinally tied into the game. it does suck that you cant find many friendlies around but its survival of the fittest. for example if i meet a stranger and were way in the boonies and my food/water is blinking ill shoot em right there cause theres a chance they got what i need and i have a means of getting it.does this make me a bandit? no im just surviving, cause in other situations if im balls deep in cherno and i know im gonna die if i hear or see someone else in trouble ill jump on in and help them.grantedr they dont shoot me on the spot an accept the help my chances of gettin out of there alive just doubled. and one everything is said and done i now have a commrade. i wouldnt have taken it as far as uninstalling just cause banditry is getting more popular, just learn who to trust, rules of the road my friend

Keep in mind' date=' there is a difference between "carebear" antics and how the game is now with shoot on sight 99.9% of the time. [/quote']

Back this up with facts or a video, show me your play and this 99.9% of everyone shoots on sight, I'm seeing the same thing thread after thread, everyone shoots on sight so I'll do the same, everyone does not shoot on sight and the game is not 99.9% full of bandits either, I've never even seen a bandit and I've been alive for the last 3 days and I've been into and out of built up areas with bandits and survivors in the same area.

Make zombies stronger so they become something to worry about.

Even with the hordes of numbers i see now, when i go into town i can just kill a guy and walk out. I'm not scared of getting attacked by zombies because 98% of the time they don't even hit me once, and if they do its usually through a wall.

If zombies were stronger, there would be less people constantly player hunting due to added risk, and more friendlies due to more struggling with zombies.

This game is becoming PvP-only because for some batshit insane reason Rocket decided to listen to the whiners about zombies instead of ignoring them completely. Now we have counts in the 600s for 255km^2 territory. There isn't any PvE for random players to group up against, because for some reason, Rocket decided to listen to people who wanted to get rid of zombies in a zombie game. Grouping is only useful for PvP because anyone can sneak through a town and get anything they need, but without PvE to encourage grouping, only communities from other games will be grouped up.

Zombie counts need to be at least doubled to 1200+, with respawn delays at ~20 minutes.

I only came here to play a survival zombie game. Players killing each other for fun isn't survival.

Leave Cherno/Elektro.

It's not even close to deathmatch outside of that

Leave Cherno/Elektro.

Yes just pretend the problem doesn't exist instead of fixing it. It'll solve all of our problems!

Leave Cherno/Elektro.

what the fuck? I thought the day z mod map was coast only.

Cherno/Elektro are like COD deathmatch maps now. It's just the way it is, sucks but nothing we can do about how other ppl will play.

Although even up in the north of the map the "shoot first ask questions later" policy is still valid, mainly with players that have nice gears and don't wanna lose 'em.

It's about survival, and now you need to kill everyone if you want to live longer than 29 minutes and so on.

Still is it sad to see this deathmatch mentality around =/

Welp, the game isn't for everyone who wants to view it as that. We can't control the player actions that they do, but there can be efforts to try to take another approach on PvP.

I don't like it when I see another "This game is DM, bye nigga" thread, I notice a lot of people killing me or other people and in the end I really don't care, it's more challenge and fun this way because I get to start over finding new things along the way and if rarely new people! A good refreshment is just to die.

People fighting over supplies in big towns.

What a surprise

I believe that it's true in a way. I see less and less people even asking if friendly. But nonetheless there are still some friendlies out there. Like just today I was stuck in Vishnoe trying to figure out how to fill a canteen from the well (damn this new system confuses me).

Then I saw in chat someone asking if I'm friendly and I responded as yes (I was happy that he was friendly since I didn't see him and he could've easily shoot me with his sniper rifle).

In a few minutes I attracted several zombies. Fortunately I found a house, got inside and started shooting them out, but ofc they were spawning more and more.

After a few more minutes of shooting the zombies I heard some other shots nearby so I asked if there were someone friendlies in the village. How surprised and pleased I was when the same guy responded, saying that he and his mate were helping me shoot out the zombies.

So yes, there are good players out there and the fact that the game slowly but steadily becoming some sort of PVP arena only gives more pleasure from meeting some peaceful and helpful survivors in the game.

I miss the zombies too. I joined right after the "too many zombies" update. I got used to it as a noob, so it was normal for me and no big deal. If anything, I think the zombie count needs to be upped back into the thousands, and even more than last time. I have zero fear of zeds today. I'm more concerned with finding water, wood and matches, but even those don't really concern me.

Now I just watch out for other people. Then I shoot them if I get the chance, because I've learned the hard way too many times that hesitation = death. From my perspective, the theme of DayZ today isn't survival nor heroism, but cowardice.

Leave Cherno/Elektro.

Yes just pretend the problem doesn't exist instead of fixing it. It'll solve all of our problems!

I've logged almost 200 hours and I've never seen what you're talking about outside of elektro or cherno.

NO, we care-bears must stick together to the end. fight the power!

I'm a lot of people here seem to agree. I also see that another thread is basically saying the same thing with a ton of support.

Once again, I get that killing each other is part of the game. Hell, I would NOT play this game if it wasn't PvP. In fact, I would have uninstalled just knowing there are non-PvP servers.

But the double side of the sword is, it is indeed getting to the point of the CoD style of game. It almost makes me wonder if this is why this idea has never been fully implemented.

Also, I have gone VERY far north, and for a while it was ok. And then random guy kills me.

Another key thing to note, and I would bet money on, is that these people that go "Omg. Stop being a care bear. Learn to survive!" probably disconnect the second someone steps on a twig around them. While I haven't played THAT long, I have never never never never DC'd when someone shot at me. It's part of the game. (And for all but one sniper that got a nice headshot on me, I could have DC'd and lived on every CoD fan murder... but ruins the game. Why bother.)

I love the idea of making the zombies more prevalent. If you think the zombies are a factor, you are kidding yourself.

Respawn a new character.

Run into a populated zombie town.

Sprint to attract zombies.

Stand still and blast every zombie that attacks you.

In some cases, you will pass out. No worries, wait 10-20 seconds until you wake up.

Continue blasting away zombies. (You should be bleeding out, but you can wait to bandage after).

You can do that on every occasion. I have gotten about 30 zeds this way.

You THINK zombies are strong and it is fun to treat them that way. But at the end of the day, "stop and pop" gets the job done.

I'm just saying that the game is severely limited when you have so many CoD style kids playing. Go to your xbox, pop in CoD 4 and PRETEND you are playing DayZ. That is how it feels in a lot of cases.

If 'rocket' doesn't want to fix or attempt to tweak things, then fine. This game has a nice small, cult following and you guys can be hipsters and enjoy. I instead hope for bigger and better things for this mod, that pushes the envelope for other games to come in the future.

Good luck 'rocket'. Enjoy the tears.

Stuff...

You say you wouldn't play if PvP wasn't in the game yet you also say it's how the game is being played, that makes no sense.

Your post comes across to me as I want the game easier so people aren't shooting me all the time, please correct me if I'm wrong but that's how it comes across.

I'm a lot of people here seem to agree. I also see that another thread is basically saying the same thing with a ton of support.

Once again' date=' I get that killing each other is part of the game. Hell, I would NOT play this game if it wasn't PvP. In fact, I would have uninstalled just knowing there are non-PvP servers.

But the double side of the sword is, it is indeed getting to the point of the CoD style of game. It almost makes me wonder if this is why this idea has never been fully implemented.

Also, I have gone VERY far north, and for a while it was ok. And then random guy kills me.

Another key thing to note, and I would bet money on, is that these people that go "Omg. Stop being a care bear. Learn to survive!" probably disconnect the second someone steps on a twig around them. While I haven't played THAT long, I have never never never never DC'd when someone shot at me. It's part of the game. (And for all but one sniper that got a nice headshot on me, I could have DC'd and lived on every CoD fan murder... but ruins the game. Why bother.)

I love the idea of making the zombies more prevalent. If you think the zombies are a factor, you are kidding yourself.

Respawn a new character.

Run into a populated zombie town.

Sprint to attract zombies.

Stand still and blast every zombie that attacks you.

In some cases, you will pass out. No worries, wait 10-20 seconds until you wake up.

Continue blasting away zombies. (You should be bleeding out, but you can wait to bandage after).

You can do that on every occasion. I have gotten about 30 zeds this way.

You THINK zombies are strong and it is fun to treat them that way. But at the end of the day, "stop and pop" gets the job done.

I'm just saying that the game is severely limited when you have so many CoD style kids playing. Go to your xbox, pop in CoD 4 and PRETEND you are playing DayZ. That is how it feels in a lot of cases.

If 'rocket' doesn't want to fix or attempt to tweak things, then fine. This game has a nice small, cult following and you guys can be hipsters and enjoy. I instead hope for bigger and better things for this mod, that pushes the envelope for other games to come in the future.

Good luck 'rocket'. Enjoy the tears.

[/quote']

I was just in a situation yesterday where I killed a guy's buddy and we talked over voice comms to each other to come to an agreement where I wouldn't kill him, because I did not want to kill him. While I won't hesitate to kill somebody if I know they have good stuff, I don't usually want to if they some way show they don't want confrontation. That's all the problem is right now; the inability to properly communicate with others. A radio and direct comms, and the inability to just DC and stay alive will help this. People will need to think before firing their M107 (I know I don't) or their loud SAW. It will force them to work out negotiations, rob people (maybe), and work together to an extent.

Asking for punishments for bandits and sensationalizing PKing is however NOT the way to do it. It's nowhere fucking close to a death match unless you're in Elektro or Cherno. If you claim otherwise you're either lying, completely delusional, or you don't know what death match is. I agree there could be some fixes, but just crying and sensationalizing is going to get you know where and makes your case look moot.

Unfortunately this game community and the concept of survival has been flushed down the toilet. To no fault of 'rocket'' date=' but the mass of people just simple shoot to kill for seeing a shiny gun on your back.

Keep in mind, there is a difference between "carebear" antics and how the game is now with shoot on sight 99.9% of the time.

It goes as far as, "at gas station in Cherno, friendly?" and a group of strangers banding together to seeing that same group die 5 minutes later after some deathmatch stranger finds them through chat.

I really do like the idea of SOME people taking this play style, and it will always be there, but it has gotten way to out of hand.

TL; DR: The game is pulling a RE5 and slipping into "Action/Horror Survival". Uninstalled for now and will re-download when the beta/final version releases. Best of luck to you 'rocket'. Hope the community shapes up a bit.

[/quote']

That sucks.. you will be missing out. But as for finding people in chat, the removal of global chat will make it better.

As for the shoot on sight for gun stuff... well think of it this way.. What is more important, YOUR survival, or someone elses. I would rather not only kill someone with an AKM because it means I have an AKM, it also means one less person roaming the wild with a deadly weapon that could kill me.

I posted in another post about this but the short version is either find RL friends to play, frequent a server and make friends, or join clan. As long as pvp exists in this game this will never end. And this game without pvp=aggro all zeds and run into a building and pop them one by one EZ mode.

Also what is with people calling this TDM, when people die it takes them 10-15 minutes with a good spawn to get back. If you are still in the area after shooting someone... shame on you.

This game is based around surviving as many days as possible... HOW you do it is your choice. Don't get mad when others choose your death for their benefit. What is better? 2 guys with 4 beans, or 1 guy with 4 beans?

If you want to group, don't do it with strangers.... because who in real life WOULD? This isn't hollywood where storylines go perfectly and a survivor group magically plops together and overcomes all adversity. You realize that the 99% of the population died somehow.