ipariah

Facial Looks Tied To Humanity.

So with the removal of Bandit Skins, it will be difficult to identify who and who is not trustworthy. Something that has always bugged me is knowing who is a bandit, over 400-500m away, based on the clothes he is wearing. What if you gained/lost facial features based on your Humanity?

For example, the lower your humanity, you gain scars, pale skin, maybe your hair and beard grows out, indicating you live away from other survivors in the forest. This way you could identify bandits, but only up close. I'm not sure what features could be added do indicate high humanity survivors.

Feel free to post what you think!

This is fucking stupid. Bandits are not a class to be nerfed, they're a way to play the game, there is no reason for anyone to have any advantages going into the game other than their spawn point.

This is fucking stupid. Bandits are not a class to be nerfed' date=' they're a way to play the game, there is no reason for anyone to have any advantages going into the game other than their spawn point.

[/quote']

How is this nerfing them? I would prefer reasons rather then abusive language. I know they are a way to play the game, I have been a Bandit on many occasions. I simply think it would be more fair for newer players, if there was a way to tell friend from foe, not from afar, but from close encounters.

This way, Bandits could still look like normal Survivors in the distance, but could be recognized when seen in very close proximity, like in a building, and such. Also, maybe instead of insults, provide more suggestions to maybe refine the idea in a manner you would find appealing?

Well, fairness is nice, but in player-versus-player combat it's unnecessary. Is the game harsh? Yes. Is it unforgiving? Absolutely. That's why it's so fun! Of course, I don't enjoy being murdered by other players, because the majority of the time I try to help other survivors - even team up with them so that we can take on the world together and share in the profit!

This would promote one thing that I dislike, however: visual identification of murderers. Let's face it, not everyone with a bandit skin is a bandit - I've been forced to defend myself against actual bandits, and after killing them, being turned into a bandit myself! Then, ten minutes later, I am promptly shot in the back by somebody that assumes I am a murdering jerk. It's not particularly fun! As it stands, I would much prefer not knowing where someone's allegiance stands than being offed because of some visual misidentification.

This is fucking stupid. Bandits are not a class to be nerfed' date=' they're a way to play the game, there is no reason for anyone to have any advantages going into the game other than their spawn point.

[/quote']

How is this nerfing them? I would prefer reasons rather then abusive language. I know they are a way to play the game, I have been a Bandit on many occasions. I simply think it would be more fair for newer players, if there was a way to tell friend from foe, not from afar, but from close encounters.

This way, Bandits could still look like normal Survivors in the distance, but could be recognized when seen in very close proximity, like in a building, and such. Also, maybe instead of insults, provide more suggestions to maybe refine the idea in a manner you would find appealing?

If you're going to get offended over cursing, you're too young for the internet.

Anyways, you want a better idea? Okay then, you say that bandits should be pale, and have beards and scars due to their fighting, living alone, and not being in cities? Well survivors also fight, stay in the woods alot, and only go to cities for supplies. So if you want this idea to be realistic, then here you go. Make players that stay in the shade be pale, and the more they go into the sun the darker they get. If they are always out in the sun they're have terrible sunburn. Add some kind of shaving feature, and make characters have scars from their injuries. Humanity should have no place in physical features, which are decided by how the character takes care of his body.

Well' date=' fairness is nice, but in player-versus-player combat it's unnecessary. Is the game harsh? Yes. Is it unforgiving? Absolutely. That's why it's so fun! Of course, I don't enjoy being murdered by other players, because the majority of the time I try to help other survivors - even team up with them so that we can take on the world together and share in the profit!

This would promote one thing that I dislike, however: visual identification of murderers. Let's face it, not everyone with a bandit skin is a bandit - I've been forced to defend myself against actual bandits, and after killing them, being turned into a bandit myself! Then, ten minutes later, I am promptly shot in the back by somebody that assumes I am a murdering jerk. It's not particularly fun! As it stands, I would much prefer not knowing where someone's allegiance stands than being offed because of some visual misidentification.

[/quote']

I've encountered this situation too, but luckily I wasn't killed and my Bandit skin wore off, but at the cost of eating all items in my inventory. Maybe the facial changes could be very slow, so if you kill say, 3 survivors, there is not that much of a change. This allows for some breathing room, in case you murder Would-Be Bandits in self defense. But if you constantly murder people and take your beans, the features would become more recognizable at a close distance.

[/quote']

If you're going to get offended over cursing, you're too young for the internet.

Anyways, you want a better idea? Okay then, you say that bandits should be pale, and have beards and scars due to their fighting, living alone, and not being in cities? Well survivors also fight, stay in the woods alot, and only go to cities for supplies. So if you want this idea to be realistic, then here you go. Make players that stay in the shade be pale, and the more they go into the sun the darker they get. If they are always out in the sun they're have terrible sunburn. Add some kind of shaving feature, and make characters have scars from their injuries. Humanity should have no place in physical features, which are decided by how the character takes care of his body.

There you go. See, you can converse without resorting to language like that. Did I say I was offended because of violent language? No, I simply don't like being sworn at when I propose a suggestion of my own and receive responses like that. I don't know if the mod developer wants Bandits to have some sort of identification or not, whether it be noticable at afar (the current skin) or close up, I just feel it would be fairer for the newer players, still getting acquianted with this mod.

Right now I don't trust anyone, and shoot on sight if I am in need of food/water, you have equipment I need, or you are simply between me and my destination. I play this way because I have no idea who could be friend or foe, and I like it that way. But I know a few new players who get upset due to trusting most people they see, because of being shot in the back for beans.

Moving on though, I like the Skin idea you proposed, and your other ideas that you linked.

The game isn't supposed to be fair, it's supposed to be realistic. In real life you don't get a long beard, become pale, have a pointed chin, get high cheekbones, and start wearing a cape because you killed someone. You get on with your life.

The game isn't supposed to be fair' date=' it's supposed to be realistic. In real life you don't get a long beard, become pale, have a pointed chin, get high cheekbones, and start wearing a cape because you killed someone. You get on with your life.

[/quote']

You don't.

The game isn't supposed to be fair' date=' it's supposed to be realistic. In real life you don't get a long beard, become pale, have a pointed chin, get high cheekbones, and start wearing a cape because you killed someone. You get on with your life.

[/quote']

You don't.

So you're telling me killing someone changes your physical appearance?

You know what you should lose humanity for, stealing another persons idea, ie facial changes - and representing them as your own in a new thread.

But seriously, I think there is room for it.

The game currently makes everyone look EXACTLY the same.. this is not realistic, nor is it like real life. All the facial change would do is make you look a bit meaner.

I don't think it's carebear - I think it's phaggots who like the ability to blend in and the ease at which they can do so. It's carebear bandits who want life to be easy for them.

The fact is, in real life, when you're intending to murder someone in cold blood, unless you're a sociopath, it would be very hard to hide the facial tells which you would reveal. This is what the faces represent.

You know what you should lose humanity for' date=' stealing another persons idea, ie facial changes - and representing them as your own in a new thread.

The game currently makes everyone look EXACTLY the same.. this is not realistic, nor is it like real life. All the facial change would do is make you look a bit meaner.

I don't think it's carebear - I think it's phaggots who like the ability to blend in and the ease at which they can do so. It's carebear bandits who want life to be easy for them.

The fact is, in real life, when you're intending to murder someone in cold blood, unless you're a sociopath, it would be very hard to hide the facial tells which you would reveal. This is what the faces represent.

[/quote']

No, it isn't bandits trying to be protected. I haven't even played the game yet, and people trying to make bandits easier to identify are just annoying. This game is not supposed to be fair. If you want to be able to see who the bad guys are, go play call of duty. And in real life, your ability to cope with murder, or hide facial features, completely relies on said person's mental status, which is NOT the same with everyone. Thus, an idea that has everyone reacting to things the same way is stupid.

You know what you should lose humanity for' date=' stealing another persons idea, ie facial changes - and representing them as your own in a new thread.

[/quote']

What, your logic makes no sense. People who murder people don't look different or "mean", they look like normal people. If you took ten people, one of which murdered someone, they would look completely normal. I don't do any bandit style strategies at all, I just don't think we need thousands of ways to tell who's a bandit, we already have on and it's called common sense.