Sign in to follow this  
astroz0mbie

Suggestion - More Murders = More Isolation

In real life, if you murder everyone in your town.

Odds are you will be the only one left surviving.

In DayZ, you can just switch servers and keep killing or you know people will respawn and you keep killing.

There should be a check to see if you have x murders, you can only join servers with y or less people on it.

It should change in proportion to the murders you have.

1-10 murders - join unlimited server count

11-20 murders - join 30 and below server count

21-30 murders - join 15 and below server count

31+ murders - join 8 and below server count

You could still play on servers as people join them (like people coming into your town), but you can't just join a 50 or 70 person server and start popping people from a hillside.

really really bad idea punishing play styles that significantly would ruin the game

In real life

I Should really make a thread where people quote others who say this, or someone start giving me money for all posts containing it and i will be rich in a day. It's not real life and you can never compare it to real life.

Didn't read because its easy to assume that it effects 1 style of play in a bad way.

Just because the game has realistic features in it doesn't mean it's realistic or it's premises are, just bugger off with anything that promotes "realism" (or your view of it).

Then remove murder counts.

So there will be no bragging rights.

I hate seeing people brag about how many murders they have.

people play for different reasons... and alot of the videos I see posted have nothing to do with survival... maybe they should read the home page...

It's just as lame to say "it's a game and we play it the way we want... murdering people" as it is to say "in real life".

Beacuse this was supposed to be a realism mod for surviving an "infected"/"zombie like" outbreak.

I'm just making a suggestion that might help guide this more towards what may be the central theme of the game.

i'd be happy to have someone with 100 kills that has survivied 100 days... if there was a way to calculate the rate at which someone murders that might have an impact on their ability to join servers as well...

if you murder 10 people drop and join another server, murder 10 more there should be some punishment.

the same for looting a building, dropping, looting another server, dropping and looting another server...

as of right now, i could argue there is a punishment for not playing KoS.... because it certainly doesn't pay off to try and meet up with anyone other than people you know outside of the game.

so stop whining about "punishing game play style" just because that is how you like to play.

Punishing Playstyles has been suggested and it's a bad idea.

Don't punish people for how they choose to play instead fight back.

You can't fight back. Bandits can change their name and skins. The only way to actually fight back against bandits without them being able to disconnect and completely become new people is to make sure they can't change their skins to look innocent.

That way you can still play the way you want to without being able to cheat by becoming an invisible chameleon master of disguise.

Also: "Don't punish playstyles?"

Are you serious? I want to play as an invincible walking tank, but the game code doesn't recognize this. My playstyle is being punished! I want to be able to fly around like Superman and cause sonic booms, but the game code doesn't recognize this. My playstyle is being punished! I don't want to eat out of cans or kill animals, but all the game gives me is beans, game, and livestock! My playstyle is being punished!

I don't want the risk of losing everything I own so I store it in tents and alt+F4 to get out of firefights. Now they want to take that away from me! My playstyle is being punished! How dare you punish my playstyle! PLAYSTYLE PLAYSTYLE PLAYSTYLE!

P.S., bandit skins are coming back.

Edited by BazBake

Shut up about play styles. People are cheating and making the game less fun. End of story. I saw someone saying on a completely different forum "If you leave your key in the Mercedes, it's not my fault if I steal it". Anyone who agrees with that was a mistake in life.

So, this is just some plot to keep murderers off of big servers. Pretty retarded if you ask me.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6487-wtf-is-happening-to-the-server-community/page__st__40#entry67217

(The Bad guys don't have this concept of bad. They are just doing their thing. That is the whole idea. The game doesn't decide who is good or bad and punish them. The game just is.

And in this game, you and your character are not special. The game doesn't give a fuck if you die or not. In fact, if you make it in game, every minute you are alive is a miracle. That's the whole idea. If you do nothing, you will die. If you do something, you might die.)

So, this is just some plot to keep murderers off of big servers. Pretty retarded if you ask me.

http://dayzmod.com/f...__40#entry67217

(The Bad guys don't have this concept of bad. They are just doing their thing. That is the whole idea. The game doesn't decide who is good or bad and punish them. The game just is.

And in this game, you and your character are not special. The game doesn't give a fuck if you die or not. In fact, if you make it in game, every minute you are alive is a miracle. That's the whole idea. If you do nothing, you will die. If you do something, you might die.)

Well... nobody asked you. It was a suggestion that was made... no request for feedback.

The game as it is... is heavily lopsided to 1. KoS or 2. Play as a group of people who KoS.

There are serious consequences to trying not to KoS and none for KoS. So when someone suggests that there should be consequences... well let the cry babies come out from the wood works...

My suggestion is more focused on consequences... and if you murder everyone you see, eventually you will be alone.

That is my point. Which is why I said it could be limited to the rate at which you kill people.

If you kill 20 people on three servers in 1 hour... that seems excessive for what it takes to survive and the point of the game. no different than spawning six servers in an hour to loot the same buildings over and over.

Maybe the alpha is just fundamentally broken since they can't fix server jumping for murders, looting etc.

So I think my suggestion is valid that the murder situation has no consequences and is really what this game is designed to promote at this point.

Zombies are almost inconsequential.

The end. close the thread... if the devs want to make it happen, let them... if not, the game will stay as it is.