Sign in to follow this  
Devilswish

Possible hacker attacked, youtube video attached

hey all. this happened to me and 2 friends on the 5th of August. Server US 2097.

3 things which didnt seem right happened to us, which ive highlighted in the youtube video.

1: Helicopter instand heal. My friend performed a pretty bad landing, which destroyed the engine. But when he clicked 'save helicopter', it suddenly healed itself. Ive seen a youtube video of this before, but with a truck. We arnt hackers. Maybe this is a server-hacked feature?

2: Spontaneous explosion. The helicopter, yup, spontaneously exploded, which i found quite funny. But there wasnt any sign of enemy survivors in the area. a hacker maybe? or an enemy grenade?

3. Friends dieing. Unfortunatly i died when the helicopter exploded, so i didnt get to see them die. Could this of been a hacker attack? or a secondary explosion comming from the heli?

We're not angry this happened to us, infact we found the whole ordeal quite amusing. but if the DayZ community could spread some light on the situation we experienced, that would be fantastic.

ive made annotations on the youtube video so you can skip to the 3 parts mentioned if you dont fancy watching the whole thing.

so, heres the video:

Thanks all.

Edited by Devilswish

I guess it's possible that when u hit save it glitched out and rolled the chopper state back to when it was last saved, then the server later caught up with it and applied all the damage back to it while u were flying.

Utter weirdness whatever happened.